5.0 out of 5 stars Good texture & taste
Flahavan's is a fantastic steel cut oat. I've tried the Quaker, Bob's Red Mill and the McCann's. While they're all quite good, the Flahavan's seems to be cut a little bigger than the others, which gives them an extra crunchy and nutty taste. I would highly recommend the Flahavan's.

Plus, the metal tins are decorative and reusable.
Published on April 9, 2011 by David B.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just O.K.!
Published 17 months ago by JHP

5.0 out of 5 stars Good texture & taste, April 9, 2011
This review is from: Flahavan's Irish Steel Cut Oatmeal Tin, 28-ounces (Pack of 2) (Grocery)

Plus, the metal tins are decorative and reusable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent oats — a staple for me, December 8, 2013
I've been regularly eating Flahavan's for the last year or so and find them excellent. I have tried various other major brands and generally prefer these. After 20 or so cans, I have never experienced what one other revview mentioned, having the oats arrive spoiled. They have always tasted great. I love that for a relatively low calorie breakfast they give me energy that lasts all through the morning.

These take plenty of time to cook. I usually get them started on high heat to reach a boil while I make my coffee and then turn down to a low simmer and go away to do something else, some morning reading, checking the news, etc., while they cook for another 25 minutes or so, with occasional stirring.

They are great lots of ways, but I especially like a serving with a tablespoon of almond or peanut butter and some dried cranberries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 3, 2014
The best ever if you are a plan ahead person.

4.0 out of 5 stars Colorful packaging, March 19, 2014
I was attracted to the decorative tin more than the contents and I received what I expected. The oats are inferior to McCann's Steel Cut oats, but I'm glad I have the pretty can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up for Flahavan's Oatmeal, March 7, 2014
I found Flahavan's regular oatmeal first about two years ago at Wegman's around St. Patrick's Day. It quickly became our favorite. This year was our first try of the steel cut, and now it competes with the regular for that position. It's so good to know that we can now get it from Amazon. You should try it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty and Healthy, February 14, 2014
Excellent QUALITY..... good price and delivered expediently.....the oatmeal has a great taste and texture...very good for the health and weight conscious individuals

5.0 out of 5 stars Flahavan's Oatmeal Great, February 3, 2014
I love the taste and texture of this oatmeal. I'm like an oatmeal junk now. Love, love, love it. Best oatmeal.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are GMO free..., January 16, 2014
I tried steel cut oats before and did not enjoy them. The I tried Flanavan's steel cut oats. They are so easy to cook. I even use almond milk and they come out perfect every time. And, they are GMO free.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just O.K.!, March 27, 2013
I don't think there are any special attributes to be claimed for this "steel cut" oatmeal. It's good, but so are many other brands of this type of oatmeal. I use McCann's and also purchase steel cut oats in bulk from a local "whole foods" store called Sprouts. This product is slightly less expensive than McCann's ($$6.98 vs: $7.49 per can), but the bulk product costs the equivalent of $1.73 for the same amount. I honestly cannot praise any one over the others, except that McCanns's and Flahaven's come in an attractive re-useable tin. If I had to find any fault at all it would be that for some reason the Flahaven's seems to "boil over" more often and more easily than the other two.

1.0 out of 5 stars OATS were DOA, February 3, 2012
The oats arrived reeking and rancid in their beautiful steel container. A replacement order was spoiled as well. First problem I've ever had with a food product from Amazon, but this one had halitoatsis for sure. Caution is advised.

Flahavan's Irish Steel Cut Oatmeal Tin, 28-ounces (Pack of 2)
$30.42
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies