Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on June 22, 2011
Fantastic pellets super fast and hard impact. sounds like a 22 rifle as the pellet breaks the sound barrier on discharge. hit a rabbit at 75 yards with a gamo silent cat and it never moved i thought i missed, I was wrong the pellet speed and hard hit flat out turned the rabbit OFF
11 comment|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2013
I use a Gamo Big Cat for ground squirrel control. Previously I'd been using the Gamo pointed gold thingies, but while they are very accurate, they just blast through the critter and I wasn't completely happy with that.

When I got these, I tested them on oranges (since I have acres and acres of the danged things). As usual, the pointy gold things just made a neat little hole all the way through, and while these blue thingies also penetrated all the way through (as expected) the hydrostatic shock inflicted on the poor fruit was dramatic, to say the least. The oranges split wide open at the impact site, and examination showed the interior was almost completely gone -- turned to pulp and blasted out. I also tested these against the red-coned version; these worked better for me.

Field results were equally impressive. Body hits on squirrels immediately dropped them in their tracks -- minimal flopping around and no scrambling off to bleed out somewhere else. I will be getting many more of these (I have a lot of ground squirrels and field rats to deal with).
on February 28, 2012
These are awesome, the blue flame and red fire pellets work very well and are pretty damn destructive. Very good for small game hunting. I suggest getting these at wal-mart though. These were only about $8 at wal-mart. Worth the buy.
on November 26, 2011
okay when i bought i was kindove nerves spending 11 bucks on 100 bullets but then i got a reguler bb and put it in my gun and shot a bottle and it just knocked it down but when i put this bullet in it it exploded into like 5 peices
on October 2, 2010
this pellet is super accurate even at 50 yards!!! plus it goes supersonic out of my gamo big cat 1200.. shoots very strait was shooting .25 groups at 30 yards!!
on January 11, 2014
The pellets came in a nice case and are very good to use in my game bone collector rifle it shoots 1300 fops and this pellet makes it good for squirrel hunting. I've killed maybe 15 squirrels since purchase. Very pleased with the product.
on January 31, 2014
I love the consistency of the pellets and also the penetration . I hunt with the bone collector and it shoots these pellets amazingly
on June 10, 2016
Compared to hollow points ... significantly lower mass. The most notable trait is the tighter breach fit taht presumes a higher back pressure for the noticeably higher velocity. Less 'book-back-target' penetration then hollow pellets but the 'tumble' after hit tears a bigger hole. Requires re-sighting due to flatter trajectory at 25 yds. The pellets are so light, I would expect a significantly reduced effective range.
on August 4, 2015
I am not a hunter by any means but after numerous squirrel attacks on my bird feeder I bought a Daisy 880 .177 cal scoped air rifle. I went to the wall mart and bought a pack of 4.5mm Crossman Pointed pellets. They have a flat end and a tapered, pointed end, like the blue flame. I got lucky a few times but discovered (depending on the distance) the Crossman pellets tumble so I ended up more times that not hitting the squirrel with the flat end. I know this because the little buggers would attack again and I could see the slug marks on their hide. Anyway, decided to buy the blue flame pellets. Calibrated the scope using the cheap Crossman pellets and then loaded the Blue Flame and waited for the attack. These things blow a hole the size of a dime or even a nickle when they impact, not to mention the exit wound. Any place you hit the squirrel with the blue flame is a kill shot except maybe the end of its tail. Be careful to look beyond the target case you miss cause these suckers will cause serious damage. At 13 cents a pop they are worth it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 26, 2014
Great for target practice. Bought these to go with my husbands new air rifle. No complaints so far! Allows him to practice and have some fun without the high cost of buying ammo or reloading that goes along with shooting his other rifles and handguns.