‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good one..., May 2, 2014
The second novel in the Silk & Steel story continues to hold my attention and entices me to continue on to book 3. I am very happy to have discovered this author/series. A pretty grande tale told well and briskly to keep the story moving forward. I'm 1/3 of the way through book 3 and and have yet to get bogged down at any point in any of the novels thus far. Action and courtly intrigue done well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still cannot put it down!, April 16, 2014
Got hooked on the first book in this series because it was so engaging I could not put it down. The second book does not disappoint! Have already ordered the third book in the series so I can just keep reading...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent part of the series, March 29, 2014
This entire series is consistently excellent. I have enjoyed reading each story in the series. The characters are well drawn and there are villains point of view as well as heroes. You never know what is going to happen next, you only hope it's what you would want to happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars CAN'T PUT IT DOWN, March 26, 2014
I love the way this series keeps you on the edge of your seat. The characters keep evolving, and no two books are the same. There are always surprises, some sad, some exciting, but always sure to keep you engrossed. Anyone who loves fantasy/knights in shining armor books, will love this series. The battle scenes are VERY realistic.

5.0 out of 5 stars The flame priest, March 19, 2014
Fantastic. Absolutely love the adventure, the development of all the characters. Definitely a book for all ages. I am 70 years young and am so caught up in this series I find myself neglecting my daily tasks. And I love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars and building upon each - with wonderful twists and turns, December 12, 2013
The second in the series - Bought the first when it came out - This one builds on the first, following the multi-character story line, and building upon each - with wonderful twists and turns. Great development of character and background and the way she weaves the connections of this fantasy epic of good vs evil.. Keeps you wondering...

5.0 out of 5 stars Page Turner, May 29, 2012
This review is from: The Flame Priest (Silk & Steel Saga) (Paperback)
The Flaming Priest did not let me down. I was very excited to get my hands on this book after the Steel Queen. Karen moved straight into more conspiracies and powerful characters. She has an amazing ability to drag the reader into her world. This book was full of action and movement. Karen has a wonderful fluidity as she transitions between one character to the next. It was very hard to put the book down when I had to. I loved this book and who her characters have turned into or are turning into as you grow to know them even better.
I have enjoyed reading Kath and understanding her as she transitions from young adult to woman. Linadra is a truly amazing character. I have become even more attached to her after this book and am starving to see how her mind and strategies work for the Skeleton King. Duncan has to be one of my favorite male characters in the books. Amazing wit and strength his character is taken to a new level in this book. Karen definitely had me sitting on the edge of my seat with her page turning events. Amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic Fantasy At Its Finest!, May 2, 2014
This is a great sequel! If you are an epic fantasy fan, who can't get enough of George RR Martin, or one who left the genre behind at the conclusion of " Lord of the Rings," then you will be pleased to discover that Azinger not only lived up to the promise of her first novel, but exceeded all expectations. The Mordent is reborn! As Azinger follows her characters across the land of Erdhe, the thousand year old evil that threatens to tear the kingdoms apart leaves a trail of destruction as he makes his way north. Meanwhile, the reader is in the grip of suspense as Azinger continues to weave together a brilliant storyline, once again from the point of view of each of the main characters who never fail to surprise and intrigue the reader with their complexity and evolution. It can't get any better than this! Or, if history repeats itself the next book in the series will continue to excite the reader on the way to a brilliant conclusion. I' ll get back to you as I read on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwrenching, August 5, 2013
Erika (United States) - See all my reviews
The stuff that goes down in this book is sick. I had several visceral responses to certain scenes. Karen has way of filling me with unease. There are some new characters on the light and the dark sides. This series is really shaping up to be an epic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, February 9, 2013
Although I think this series might be YA and I'm 66 years old I'm really enjoying the series and I'm now on the third book highly recommended

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Flame Priest (Silk & Steel Saga)
The Flame Priest (Silk & Steel Saga) by Karen L Azinger (Paperback - November 8, 2011)
$13.50