5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for perfect recipe
Published on March 10, 2011 by Ribrina

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought
Didn't like this at all. Much too small.
The clips did not line up with pan. Sorry not for me!
Published 16 months ago by ma

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for perfect recipe, March 10, 2011
This review is from: Flanera Original Large Flan Mold 1.5-quart Flan Recipe Included
This was a great buy, if you love flan and even though you don't know how to make it, this flanera mold could actually turn you into a "flan expert". My family and friends keep asking me to make a new one, pretty much every week. Since the flanera comes along with a recipe--and not just a recipe, but a great and super easy one--your will be able to find the perfect gift for every family occasion, or instead of a "thank you" note, make a flan: Simple, great and DELICIOUS. Watch out those pounds though! Lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Flan Pan, November 23, 2011
RuRu (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this pan/mold and have baked in it exactly twice. Since I am Venzuelan, we prepare a dessert called quesillo which is very close to flan but has a few minor differences.

Pros: This pan did not disappoint! I prepared the caramel, swirled it around the sides and bottom of the pan and waited for it to cool. The custard portion of my mother's recipe consists of 6 eggs, 1 can of condensed milk, the same portion of milk and 1 tsp. of vanilla extract, lime rind is optional. I mentioned this because my pan did not come with a recipe. I baked the contents at 350 degrees for 40 minutes in a half filled water bath. It was a little tricky to take the pan out after cooking but I gripped the fasteners with the oven mitts carefully. The consistency of the quesillo was even and looked beautiful. Since I am a novice baker and cook, I was really impressed and happy overall with using the pan.

Cons: The way the fasteners are riveted and welded on seems a little hasty on the inside, however my clever husband pointed out that there was likely no other easy way to do this and the sticker that comes on the pan is frustrating to remove, but overall, I am very pleased with my purchase and plan to buy it as a gift for my mom this Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recomendado para todos, September 7, 2011
El articulo es muy bueno cada vez q iva a preparer un flan tenia q comprar un mold deschable y todo la mezcla Se me llenaba de agua al hacerlo en bano de Maria. Con esta flanera me libere de ese problema ya por sellar ermeticamente no Se llena de agua. Y Los flan salen todo un exito. a Sido una de mis mejores compras lo recomiendo... ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional flan-maker, June 30, 2012
This is the second one of these pans I have purchased, for when one flan is just not enough! This way I can make one for me/my household and one for family/friends/party etc! I always make a double batch of flan and before, when I had only one of these pans (I got the first one about 6 months ago), I used to make the second flan in a round pyrex dish that has a lid, and the flan came out fine, but not as well (more firm, dense, creamy)as the one made in this type of pan, so I decided to get the second one for my double batches of batter. This pan is well made, well-designed, stainless steel, and engineered to deliver a great flan when you bake it off 'al baño maría' (in water) as most flan recipes instruct. It measures 6.75 inches in diameter and 2.5 inches tall, which fits perfectly inside of a 9x13 pan to bake it off in water, and my oven fits two 9x13 pans side-by-side, so it's perfect. I believe the liquid capacity is 1.5 quarts. Depending on how you slice the flan, you get 6 good servings of dessert out of it, 8 if you slice it thinner and add fruit or whatnot on top of the flan. It consists of the cylindrical pan and lid, and the pan has old-lunchbox-type latches to latch the lid on in order to kind of "pressure steam" the flan (although it is not really water-tight, don't slosh around too much once full). It is like a big ramekin/cake/pie pan with a lid. Flan turns out great, plan cleans up easily (put hot water in it for 10-15 minutes after use to dissolve any remaining sugar caramel on the bottom, then wash normally), and I get to bring joy to the world in the form of flan, efficiently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cuban Flan Pan, May 18, 2011
The pan seals nicely and makes a nice size flan. Seamless constuction with well made three point latches to hold the lid. I would like to order the next size larger if I can locate one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought, May 3, 2013
Didn't like this at all. Much too small.
The clips did not line up with pan. Sorry not for me!

4.0 out of 5 stars What I Expected, December 15, 2011
I received this item in a decent amount of time and it worked as I expected it too. I would recommend this item.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible... returned, November 1, 2013
This item arrived and I had to return it immediately. It it cheaply made, and the clamps that keep the lid on have little bolts that go through to the inside of the pan, and were rusted upon arrival. The company I purchased it from wanted me to pay return shipping, luckily Amazon refunded the shipping costs. Did not want to cook in this pan, YUCK!

It is also not what I would call large, and when it arrived I was shocked by how small it was. I now just use this pan: Calphalon Classic Bakeware 10 Inch Nonstick to make flan, and cover it with tinfoil to cook. I was really hoping to finally have a covered flan pan, but it seems impossible to find a good one. Even if this one had arrived in good condition & wasn't so cheapy, it was too tiny.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very small and not what I expected, January 7, 2013
Mia Farland (Denver, Co, US) - See all my reviews
This seller has NEVER contacted me to tell me how to return the item weeks after sending the return info to Amazon. Also it is TINY and not at all what I expected - figure a 7 inch pie plate. Very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Flan Pan, February 3, 2012
gail (North Haledon, NJ) - See all my reviews
OMG, the perfect flan pan and recipe. This is an EASY recipe to follow. Just make sure you take your pizza stone out of the oven first. LOL It screws up your temperature in the oven.

Rate and Discover Movies