5.0 out of 5 stars so many compliments!
This hat fulfills all my requirements: it's 100% cotton, it's protecting my baby on all sides, it's cheep (got it for $10) and it's super cute! Everyone wants to know where we got it.
Published 14 months ago by Mama Z.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, but don't wash it!
Size ran small. I bought this for my daughter at the beach. It did a good job protecting from the wind. However when I washed it it becomes very wrinkly and it is impossible to get them out, even after ironing it. Would not have bought this if I would have known that to start out, so hopefully this helps someone.
Published on July 11, 2012 by Angela Rivers

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, but don't wash it!, July 11, 2012
This review is from: Flap Happy Unisex-Baby Infant Upf 50 Plus Flap Tie Hat (Apparel)

5.0 out of 5 stars so many compliments!, July 22, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly cute protection from the sun, very good quality, May 11, 2013
When I ordered this hat I was a little afraid that it would not look good on our baby because the style is more that of a desert hat than a "classical" girly hat with a brim all around. However, I now like this hat best of all the hats I have ever had because it certainly looks super cute, it is the only hat my baby won't take off or try to take off, the white color matches all of her clothes and it is made of really nice, very light weight cotton. I also have an iplay hat (one with a brim all around) which I practically don't use because it is made of 100% polyester that just looks extremely cheap, is probably a lot hotter than this cotton hat and attracts dirt.

I have washed the hat and put it over a desk-lamp to dry (turned off, of course) so that I would not get crinkles in it and that has worked very well.

I also like the fact the the sun protection factor is not achieved by adding chemicals but by an apparently special weave if the fabric. I actually wrote to the company to inquire about this as I was concerned about how long the sun protection would last and they got back to me almost immediately. That not only means that I don't have to worry about chemicals on my baby's skin but that it won't wash out with time.

As for the size, the L fits my 11-months old perfectly, she has a pretty big head, though (70th percentile).

All in all, I am very happy with this product and look forward to using it all summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best beach hat for kids. No doubt., August 17, 2014
This was PERFECT. We needed something for LONG LONG days on the beach in FULL SUN. I was worried my little one (19 months) would toss this one the ground (like every other hat) .. but she loved it. Wore it all day. It DOES NOT get hot - so I attribute that to why she wore it all day. She spent 6 days on the beach ... over 36 HOURS!! Not the slightest burn. We also got her a space suit ... We probably looked like freaks ... but I'd much rather that than the alternative.

This is the perfect hat. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sun protection., November 13, 2011
My LO gets a bad rash with absolutely any sort of sunscreen, so we just try and keep her totally covered. She outgrew the bathing-suit material flap happy hat (which was FANTASTIC for an infant - the one with the gum-bandish gathers at the bottom), and learned to take off hats so we were looking for a solution with straps. This cotton material is super light. After washing, it was very wrinkled and some of the stitching seemed frayed, but I just snipped it with some scissors. I never ironed it - I figured it was fine a bit wrinkly. It covered her up fantastic - the long bill in the front and the area in the back were great, she left it on once she realized she couldn't untie the ties and her head wasn't sweaty. A great investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute! Cute!Cute!, August 3, 2011
Bought a pink Flap Happy Flap Hat for my grandaughter and was very happy when it arrived. Keeps the sun off face and neck and isn't heavy. Great Buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars fits and stays on, July 17, 2014
August (CA United States) - See all my reviews
My baby is wearing 9 and 12 month clothes and the medium fits well. The flap protects her neck and does not get in the way of her baby Bjorn carrier while facing in or out. Ties under chin to keep from falling off. Currently using on a trip to lassen volcanic park in conjunction with coolibar upf 50 titanium travel umbrella to keep the sun off baby while hiking. The combo is working well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 13, 2014
The hat was smaller then expected but does keep the sun off babies face and neck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sun protection, May 11, 2014
I purchased the medium for my 9 month old 15# Granddaughter based upon size reviews. We could have gone a size larger but I think this hat will last the summer. We'll have to see if it shrinks after washing.

Great sun protection. Used for the first time yesterday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, March 6, 2014
I love this hat but more importantly my now 7 month old daughter loves it! I wanted something to not only shield but also protect her from the sun and the UPF takes care of that! It is a breathable material which helps keep her head cooler. She has an average size head for her age and the medium fits her well. Another great factor, it's so darn cute on she is constantly getting compliments! It's easy to wash and hang dry. A tip is to pull and straighten the brim and material after washing to prevent it from drying wrinkley. Folds and fits well in my diaper bag. If you're looking a true sun hat this is it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›