5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!
Published on July 7, 2012 by BAGS

3.0 out of 5 stars Student desk
Published 9 months ago by Claire Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, July 7, 2012
This review is from: Flash Furniture FD-DESK-GG Student Desk with Open Front Metal Book Box (Misc.)
I needed a desk that was durable, the right height for a 1st grader, with at least 1 shelf for books, and a good price. There are plenty of inexpensive desks out there with no shelves for books, but adding a shelf or drawer seems to triple the price! This desk met all my requirements. Spacious shelf, spacious surface for doing homework, great price, and sturdy like you'd expect from a school desk.

The legs come in 2 pieces so you can put them together at the height you want it, from 27-31 inches. The top is already screwed together, so once you have the legs together at the right height, all you have to do is attach the legs to the top. The directions show it being put together upright, so one person needs to hold the legs while a 2nd person screws the top to the legs. But I easily put it together by myself, by laying the top on the ground and laying the legs onto the top.

Shipping was fast, too. Very satisfied, highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for adults too..., October 16, 2013
I am an adult and I use this table instead of a TV tray for using my laptop and for meals. It is a big enough dinner table for 1 adult and saves space in a studio. It does not skid and is certainly much more sturdy than your average TV Tray.
It is easy to assemble and I use the drawer to keep the TV remote, pens, and other small stuff for easy access. I also like that the height is adjustable.

The price on Amazon seems to fluctuate a lot - I bought it for $55.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great!, November 5, 2012
I ordered two of these for our homeschool set-up after I got sick and tired of cleaning off the kitchen table for every meal and class time, not to mention all of the crafts! They are level and sturdy. I put them together with no trouble at all in about 15 minutes. All holes aligned and screws fit nicely, which was a concern after reading other reviews. Nothing to worry about, though. Two for two, we received good products. The shipping was actually much faster than expected as well. Everyone in our house is pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flash Furniture FD-DESK-GG Student Desk with Open Front Metal Book Box, May 3, 2014
Really nice. Seems pretty sturdy, no wobble or uneven setting on hardwood or carpeting. Easy breezy assembly, I put it together in about 8 minutes. We just received it today, it was purchased for 6y/o heading to 1st grade. I'll post an update when we put it to work, and select a chair for it. Just a tip, inspect all four corners as soon as u get it in case of drops that can occur in transit :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great desk! Very good materials, fit and finish! Outstanding value!, November 11, 2013
I ordered two of these to give my boys an alternative workspace in our homeschooling. The desks were delivered promptly and with no damage. Assembly consists of installing and adjusting the legs, and the necessary tool (an Allen wrench) is included. As there are only four bolts holding the formed three piece U shaped legs on, getting everything out of the box takes longer than putting them together. The legs are composed of a U shaped steel tubing that is powder coated dark brown, at each end of the U a chrome plated extension tube is inserted and secured with a setscrew that passes in to one of a series of holes that are punched and tapped into the extension. The legs have two holes for use as height adjustment and the legs have four. meaning the desk has a very good range of height adjustment, Adjustment takes only minutes-and use the same included Allen wrench! The top is a well put together, and though i suspect it is Particle board, it must be one of the best grades thereof, and the trim pieces are fitted well. We have been using-and moving-the desks daily for several months with no issues, nothing has loosened from movement, no paint or powder coating has chipped or been marred from use,and the tops still look just as they did out of the box.. At $55 each, these have been a serious bargain! I expect these will be be around a good while as they are well made with quality materials!

As of Valentines 2014, these desks are still being moved daily and still look new! We are moderately careful with them, and they are still thriving! Still a great value!

3.0 out of 5 stars Student desk, October 11, 2013
Like many others this desk was broken when I received it. I knew there was a chance that it would happen when I bought it. The legs do not go down as low as I would like- I have a kindergartner who is actually tall. I keep meaning to go to the store and look for something to fix the laminate that is broken on top, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I noticed the molding comes off the edge. I'd ask the company to mail me new laminate, but it would probably break before it arrives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for the money, January 30, 2013
My son does his homework on this. My husband put it together and said it was easy to assemble. After about 5 months, it is holding steady and provides a nice working area for my 10-yr old son to use at home

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Desk - Setup OK, September 20, 2012
Great desks for our kids homeschool classroom. We had these desks growing up as kids, so when we got them for our kids, we were a bit hesitant but these should last them through years to come. Setup was tricky, but you have to read the instructions first... wink wink...

3.0 out of 5 stars Gift for grandson, March 15, 2012
I purchased this desk for Christmas for an 8 year old boy. I did not assemble it before hand,(my mistake) One leg for the desk was broken. We had to make a repair on the spot and only by chance had tools and skills to make the desk usable. This took some of the fun from the gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent desk!, August 23, 2013
Leslie (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
Love these adorable desks! I bought two, and one arrived in a dented box, which also in turn meant a damaged desk top. Amazon speedily sent me another desk that was perfect. I assembled these by myself in a matter of minutes. One note I'd like to tell others about, it's something I wish I had seen before hand... the opening to the desk legs is 18 3/4 inches wide. Be careful when buying chairs. If you get some standard chairs from any school furniture website, the metal and plastic type tend to be quite wide. And the two that I purchased don't fit underneath the desk. So I am out the money for those chairs, plus I need to buy new ones. I have absolutely no complaints about the desk itself. Just wish I would have known about the width prior to buying chairs. My kids love their desks and can't wait to start using them! (Once I find some new chairs that fit underneath.)

Rate and Discover Movies