5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my Art-Making
I like this tractor seat chair very much at my slant-table which I use for my drawing and some paintings.

Published on September 14, 2012 by Joseph L. Montani

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in a week
Published on October 27, 2011 by Matt Sherman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my Art-Making, September 14, 2012
Joseph L. Montani (Sonoran Desert, Arizona, USA) - See all my reviews

The back of the chair gives little realistic rest to the spine, but its being there DOES prevent you from sitting too far backward on the seat, and positions you perfectly. The chair back supports the lumbar area, or pelvic girdle, and this nicely sets the upper spine in good gravitational alignment without making your back feel constrained, which is important in case you move the whole body a lot while painting or drawing, as I do. In any case, the chair-back is easily removable again after the easy assembly, so you can try it both ways.

I think this seat looks great in Red: in its own small way, this helps to inspire my art and my use of color. Visitors like the look of the seat, too, and like to "try it out" (I think some of them plan to buy some of these seats).

The five wheels give a very strong sense of stability while sitting on the chair, much more so than four- wheeled seats I've used, and the wheels roll very smoothly and easily. Each wheel has 20-percent less weight on it than the wheels of a four-legged seat, and so the movement of each is also that much more "agile", due to lesser loading.

For those interested in chair heights, I measure 19 inches as the LOWEST height (this is what I use), and 25 inches as the HIGHEST height. The chair can double as a bar-stool, or as a seat at the breakfast-nook, in the higher heights. I'm 6 feet 3 inches tall, and I use the 19-inch height at the slant Art Table, always. Just perfect for this tall artist.

The chrome or polish on the legs is thick and very bright, and gives this seat a really high-quality appeal.

The raising-lowering mechanism is smooth and positive. This seat has everything going for it! You can tell it will last for decades in daily use, and continue to give good service. Hats off, to its designers and makers. I'm very glad to have and to use this chair. It makes me want to drive an old-fashioned tractor on a farm, someday. Or at least a riding-mower. Love that comfortable sculpted tractor seat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great occasional task chair, much higher quality than similar model available elsewhere, November 18, 2011
I should contextualize this by saying that before I bought these chairs, I had purchased a very similar chair at Target for about $10 less. But the Target chair, although shown on the packaging as orange, turned out to be too tomato red for our orange office, so seeing this one on Amazon for not much more, it seemed worth a shot. We were pleased that the orange color on these chairs matched our office, but that was only the beginning of the improvements for a mere $10 upgrade:

* These chairs lift up several inches higher than the ones from Target, so if you have longer legs, they're much more suited.

* The back, while small and certainly not sufficient to provide all-day support, is higher on this model than the one from Target, so it actually hits the seated person somewhere near the small of his or her back, whereas the one from Target was too low to be of any use at all.

* The stem and legs are a nice polished chrome look, whereas the one from Target is a faux brushed metal look that's actually plastic. That alone is worth the $10 upgrade, aesthetically.

* The molded plastic seat and back feel like they're a bit thicker and sturdier than the one from Target. I have more confidence that they're not going to break at any moment.

In short, this is a great relatively cheap chair for office decor. Don't get me wrong: I would not recommend this chair as your primary desk chair. Get a very good chair if you work at a desk all day. But if you're looking for attractive accent chairs that serve as additional seating when needed for a quick pull-up meeting or chat, these are perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful chair at a bargain, October 14, 2011
Bought this chair to work at my drafting table ... I needed an adjustable chair that could go from desk to drafting table - which menat it had to go higher than a normal desk chair. This certainly does go high, it could be used as a chair at a kitchen counter. Easy to put together and made with strong materials. It moves aroound easily and looks great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in a week, October 27, 2011
This review is from: Flash Furniture LF-214-BLK-GG Vibrant Black and Chrome Computer Task Chair with Tractor Seat (Misc.)
Chair arrived on scheduled, and once I got put together it looked pretty good. A week after it arrived I leaned back to adjust the height of the chair and the plastic pieces that held 2 of the 3 screws that secure the back rest completely shattered and broke away from the chair. In the process I was dumped into the floor and cut by the hard plastic. I'm typing this review from a camping chair I use for tailgating, which will be my computer chair until I find something better. I'm about 6 ft. 150 lbs. Wouldn't recommend for anyone my size or larger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Chair Great Price, July 2, 2012
Top 10 Reasons I love this chair
1. it arrived quickly
2. The color (green) was beautiful and vibrant as shown in the photos - and it comes in lots of other great colors too.
3. there were only 4 screws to put in
4. The chair felt surprisingly sturdy and solid
5. The chair is surprisingly comfortable even though it has no padding because of the curved seat shape
6. the wheels work well on the carpet
7. The wheels work well on solid floors without marring
8. cat hair doesnt stick to it (yay)
9. Its an excellent value for a sturdy functional task chair at less than $50
10. the modern sleek styling is great for the office or workshop

3.0 out of 5 stars These chairs are great, but dear god, November 18, 2014
These chairs are great, but dear god, don't lean back in them. I'm more than a little annoyed that they were manufactured so that the integral part where the back of the chair attaches to the base is nothing but plastic. That means leaning back in your chair will be perfectly bouncy and comfortable, until you hear a sound, lean a little further back to see what it was, and *CRACK*, you're now the proud owner of a stool. For a section of the chair that is obviously going to receive stress now and then, I would hope it was a little sturdier than a Barbie's stiletto heel.

Otherwise, a very comfy chair (stool).

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice petite drafting chair, September 12, 2012
It took me just minutes to assemble this chair and it looks great. Perfect drafting chair (its lowest seat height is about 22") and great color options (mine was the yellow -- actually, almost yellow orange which I actually prefer). I would, however, caution those who are larger-framed, taller or heavier (200+ lbs) -- this chair, I think, would be too small.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, adult size chair!, August 10, 2011
NuttyMom (Rochester, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I just bought this for $20 at a red big box store. It comes with extra bolts and an allen wrench. It took all of 5 minutes to assemble. I would give it 5 stars if I hadn't had to super glue the back of the chair onto the metal prongs to prevent it from being pulled off every time I pulled the chair away from the desk. The hydraulic action is that of a much higher end chair. It is metal, but does not weigh a ton. I was able to carry it up a flight of stIrs in one hand, but it is not cheap, or plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please have a seat, August 26, 2012
R. Klein (Rocketville, Maryland - USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered this to sit at my keyboard, and am happy with the purchase - and the chair. It was delivered in a few days. It's a reasonably comfortable, and very sturdy chair. Like others reviewing here, I found it laughably easy to assemble. It was out of the box and put together in just a few minutes. The height is adjustable, which is what I was looking for - as my old chair was just too high for a comfortable keyboard fit. At first, I thought it was so shiny and slick that I might slide off the seat! But it's perfectly stable and I've stayed firmly in the seat for hours at a time. :-)

There is no cushioning on the seat or the back. Yet I find it's comfortable for long periods in front of the computer. Five casters mean it rolls around easily on a wooden floor.

The chair seems well made, particularly for the price. It's a very good bargain compared to other chairs I'd considered.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price and beautiful design, November 1, 2010
I got this chair this week and I really like it. Putting it together took about 5 minutes. It looks really good and is comfortable. Although it feels like it could easily break if you lean on the back for long. It might be a lot stronger than it feels and looks but if you are overweight this is definetly not the chair for you. Im pretty thin and constantly afraid it might break.