Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Change

on September 6, 2011
I've owned a very basic cloth static position office chair for years, I finally decided I'd upgrade. I settled on the Eco friendly black leather chair from Amazon.

First off assembly is very simple with no tools required (an Allen wrench for tightening the screws is included) I assembled the chair in less than 10 minutes, with no need for directions...very straightforward.

The look of the chair is awesome, very plush feeling and the leather is a nice matte finish...not that shiny plastic leather look. The comfort level is also very high, with lots of cushion both on the seat of the chair and back. I noticed you don't "stick" to the seat like other leather chairs I demoed at big box stores.

After purchasing this chair I almost feel spoiled, the height and rocker motion are excellent when your at a desk for long periods of time, coming from a standard low back office chair to this was more than worth the 80 dollars spent.

If your looking for a great value, pick up this chair its sure to dress up any office, home or away!
on October 29, 2011
Assembly wasn't bad. However after using the chair a couple days, I was turned sideways at my desk and leaned over SLIGHTLY to the side to grab a pen and heard a really LOUD crack. Now I'm 5'10 and weigh 180 lbs and am in pretty good shape and this was something I always did in my old more plush chair which had cost me $69 and lasted about 7 years and wasn't much to brag about as a chair.

So it turns out the crack came from the wood where the seat connects to the frame.
This purchase was definitely a mistake and I wouldn't buy another.
Overall, it's built even lighter material wise (thinner) than my old one which I bought at a Walmart.
on November 19, 2014
For nearly three years, I loved this chair. It's very comfortable, it looks good, and it seemed pretty sturdy. A few weeks ago, however, the chair seat became loose from the pneumatic post that connects it to the legs. Like many other Amazon reviews have described, the seat wobbles terribly and it feels quite precarious to sit on. I think a chair should last much longer than 3 years, but I gave it an extra star because I love it otherwise.

I did manage to fix it, and if you are reasonably handy, you can too. What you need to do is replace the tilt control mechanism - the black metal gadget that the pneumatic post inserts into. I bought one on Amazon ("Replacement Office Chair Tilt Control Mechanism - S2979") which turns out to probably have been the wrong one: although the post fits into it, the holes for bolting it to the seat do not align with the threaded attachment points on the seat. There might be Tilt Control Mechanisms that fit this chair, but rather than return it and hunt one down, here's what I did from A to Z:

1. Remove the old tilt control mechanism (still attached to the post) from the chair by unbolting the 4 bolts.

2. Remove the post by giving the tilt control mechanism several good thwacks with a hammer where the post inserts (careful not to damage the post). Eventually the post came right out.

3. Cut a piece of 2 x 8 wood board and drill 1/2" holes aligned to the threaded holes in the seat (use the old tilt control mechanism as a template).

4. Attach the new tilt control mechanism to the wood board (drill pilot holes for 3/4" #14 pan head wood screws. You''ll need washers too).

5. Bolt the board with the attached new tilt control mechanism onto the seat using four 2-1/2" long 1/4"-20 hex head machine screws, plus two washers (1/4" plus one larger one to cover the 1/2" hole in the wood).

6. Put the seat onto the post. Voila! I have a functional chair for the roughly $40 cost of the new tilt control mechanism plus wood and hardware.

The one caveat is that now the chair is 1-1/2" taller than before because that is the height of the 2 x 8. For me that's fine because I used to have the post extended all the way; now it's slightly less than all the way.
on December 18, 2011
This chair is comfortable, has a nice feel to it, and bonus is that it's eco-friendly. Easy enough to put together, but one of the screw holes was made crooked (defective) so I had a hard time screwing in one of the arms. Not bad enough of an issue to merit a retun, but just be aware, the quality of this chair is not as nice as the original price would make you think. I know the original listed price is a fake out- the chair is no way worth more than $100 retail, but the reduced price makes you think it's a super good product and a good deal, so I fell for it. The arms screw into the base and the back of the chair and that's what holds it together. Seems like poor design. Not a bad chair overall for the money if you manage your expectations for it.
on July 4, 2012
Do not purchase this chair! It fell apart in less than 4 months. the connection to the base is week and quickly wobbles out, and finally breaks.
on May 24, 2013
I've had this chair for less than a year and it is already falling apart. It is my primary office chair and I use it every day. It hasn't become unusable yet, but the chair tilts from side to side and creaks loudly when you sit down or stand up from it.

Price: awesome
Quality: lacking
Assembly: not too difficult
Recommendation: not recommended
on October 14, 2011
This chair is extremely easy to put together and very comfortable for someone like me with a bad back. The only problem(which isn't really a problem) that I noticed with this product was that the manual switched items 9 and 10 so if you come across these two remember 9 is 10 and vice versa.
on September 4, 2013
Yes it is hard to get a good office chair for under $90. But this isn't it. My chair has suffered the same breakdown fate as is well documented here. Mine lasted for 11 months but I don't work at home and it probably gets 7-10 hours of use a week at best.
on June 6, 2012
This chair was easy to assemble but after about 3 weeks of use it breaks down on you real fast. It has more or less fallen apart on me. There is no way to center the chair and you can only sit on a slant. This chair is pretty terrible and I would caution against buying it.
on August 22, 2012
I bought this chair about 6 months ago and I've given it normal office usage. This morning I noticed the seat was lopsided. Sitting on it now, it's wobbly and very uncomfortable. I tried to fix it; but, the only bolt that might improve the situation is unadjustable.