- Hardcover: 448 pages
- Publisher: DC Comics (May 24, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1401230687
- ISBN-13: 978-1401230685
- Product Dimensions: 7.6 x 1 x 11.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 3.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (14 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #802,199 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
The Flash by Geoff Johns Omnibus, Vol. 1 Hardcover – May 24, 2011
2016 Book Awards
Browse award-winning titles. See all 2016 winners
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
If you’re the author, publisher, or rights holder of this book, let ACX help you produce the audiobook.Learn more.
Top Customer Reviews
Thankfully, the stories themselves are absolutely wonderful. This first volume of the Omnibus contains a number of story arcs (some of which are not fully resolved here), including a Lewis Carroll-esque reality-hopping tale, a four-part thriller involving a Flash-worshipping cult, a battle with a newly powerful Weather Wizard for the life of a mysterious baby, and a somewhat gruesome encounter with Murmur in Iron Heights prison. Geoff Johns' writing here is a sheer joy to read: his Flash stories are imaginative, well-paced, and full of nuanced, believable characters.Read more ›
I'm diehard DC, but please get the omnibus thing right! Your collections have been overpriced in comparison to Marvel, which in turn makes it difficult for me to purchase more of your books.
Please listen to your fans, we know you have no interest in mimicking what Marvel does, but from a business standpoint please consider a different approach to your omnibus releases, for your fans and for your business.
Totally agree with Xavier, I really enjoy Geoff Johns stories, but man, price this more reasonably, and don't call it an omnibus when it's nowhere near what an omnibus should be.
Really only 1 star for Geoff and Scott's work (even though they deserve a full 5), but 1 star for the minimal amount of issues collected for the price.
What is bad about this book?. Ok... Let's start:
- This book have only 448 pages.
- Although the cover looks pretty, when you see the back, there's a drawing of The Flash in a white background that make it looks cheap. Not only that... the quality of the paper used for the dustjacket is SO lame that it bends and gets dirty on the touch.
- No extras nor guides for you to know what your reading. I find completely ridiculous not having at least titles or something that let you know what issue or issue number your reading. Is pathetic. Makes the "Our Worlds at War" issue a clueless story. Without beginig nor end. If you don't know anything about that storyline, you'll have a huge question mark in your hed when you get there.
- THE PRICE. $75 for this book is ridiculous. Before you start with "Amazon gives you a discount" please remember that the discount is proportional to the Retail Price.
- QUALITY. This book is GLUED BINDING. For the price tag I would have expected more pages (maybe over 600 pages) or over-the-top quality with metter paper, ink and sewed binding. This book doesn't have anything worthy of the price.
So you can have a better perspective of what this is, this book resembles to that of "LEGION OF SUPERHEROES: GREAT DARKNESS SAGA DELUXE". It have the exact same size, almost the same thickness, same quality of pages, same quality of ink, same quality of material in the dustjacket. If you have it, then you are holding the exact same quality of book that this Flash one, however The Legion book is way better... why?.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great collection confusing if you are not aware of the flash story before G.J. takes over.Published 13 months ago by Jrorschach
I've become a huge fan of DC's omnibus editions (especially those by Mr. Geoff Johns) and this is no exception! Read morePublished 14 months ago by Clint Brown
It is THE FLASH! If indeed you are a fan of the character and graphic novels this one is excellent too! Read morePublished 15 months ago by Robert Nero
Really enjoyed this volume. Just the start of the great things to come in the further books.Published 22 months ago by Daniel Tibbs
This book is trash. You're far better off buying the two trades it collects: Wonderland and Blood Will Run. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Ryan
Simply put, he has been one of the greatest additions to the comic book world, and as a part of my favorite super hero. Definitely a must have for your collection.Published on February 7, 2014 by tyler robinson
Great book, great stories. Geoff Johns is a god damn genius, 'nuff said! But I still have more words to do... Done.Published on August 27, 2013 by Flashtastic
Okay first off these are some excellent stories reproduced in a very nice hardcover edition which you can get a very good deal on by ordering off of amazon. Read morePublished on July 4, 2011 by David Good
In one of my reviews here i wrote "Applying the "15.4 page per dollar" purchase rule, this Flash Omnibus has a figure of "10.15" which makes it 33% more expensive material wise. Read morePublished on July 1, 2011 by Samuel Clemens