Canon Rebel XSi DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (OLD MODEL)
Used & New from: $288.99
Flash? So does this camera not come with any flash?
I'm brand new to SLR cameras. I want a decent camera that I can learn on. This one has been suggested a few times from several different people/places. But what else do I HAVE to buy to get started? I know there are more preffered lenses out there that I can buy, but what about flash, do I need to buy one?
asked by Katie L. Karpovage on February 10, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
All the Rebels and mid-level Canons have pop-up flashes. You don't NEED to buy a flash... but you may want to at some point to avoid that washed-out living-dead look.

You don't NEED to buy anything except an SD memory card to get started. I would suggest at least a 4GB card class 4 or 6. I would also recommend having more than one card.

Suggested accessories include a memory card reader for your computer (this is much faster than trying to download photos through the camera), a spare battery (see SterlingTek.com for very good generic batteries) and a case. That's about it... for starters, at least.
Technology Guy answered on February 10, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The $20 Gary Fong Puffer Pop Up Flash Diffuser does an amazing job of avoiding 'that washed-out living dead look'. Though it is a little bulky and I'm not sure how much abuse it would take.
Tom Martin answered on March 1, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you, I appreciate your help!
Katie L. Karpovage answered on March 1, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›