Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

75%
25%

on January 9, 2013
The fourth in the Byte series featuring Ellie Conway, Flashbyte is actually my first experience of these thrillers and it turned out to be a memorable one. Ellie Conway wakes one day with various problems. She hears that she has been murdered and has to convince her peers she is still very much alive. If that isn't bad enough she is then targeted by a sniper on two occasions and Ellie also receives a suspicious package from New Zealand. It's just one of those days.

Her life under threat, Ellie has to continue her work as an FBI Special Agent and finds herself investigating a string of bank robberies in one instance, a series of murders at a hospital and unwelcome faces from her past. Ellie has her personal life to juggle too with her daughter, Carla, and her boyfriend, Rowan, who is a famous musician and frequently on tour. Will Ellie get to the bottom of the murders and bank robberies? What about the mysterious packages and the threats on her life?

I enjoyed Flashbyte. This pace is suitably past and although there is a lot going on Connor has good control over the narrative. Once you get going it proves a hard book to put down. Being the fourth instalment, Ellie and her colleagues would be comfortably familiar to readers of the other books but as this was my first experience it wasn't always easy to keep track of everyone. Had I read the other instalments first though I'm sure this wouldn't have been a problem.

Flashbyte is a well executed crime thriller with a strong female protagonist who has her weaknesses but stands tall under great adversity. There are some interesting plot threads here and they come together nicely as the book draws to a conclusion. I'd certainly be interested in trying the other books in the Byte series.
on March 15, 2012
You would think that SSA Conway's house would be safe. You would think that the name Gabrielle Conway would be somewhat unique. You need to think again.

Ellie shows her humanity in admitting that sometimes she is scared too whilst ensuring that everyone around her is taken care of and safe first.
We learn more about the other members of the team including Ellie's relationship with 'Doc'

The pace of Flashbyte is fast.
I found myself reading for twice as long as I normally do at night as I didn't want to put the book down.
on January 11, 2013
I love a whitewater ride of a thriller and Cat Connor's FLASHBYTE delivered in spades. Like its indomitable heroine, SSA Ellie Conway, FLASHBYTE is smart, sexy, sassy and savvy in all the right places. I loved the book's unpredictable personality -- the visual details, quirks and plot twists that Connor expertly weaves into the narrative without disturbing the tempo. My only complaint: Connor doesn't write fast enough.

James Houston Turner
Bestselling Author of Department Thirteen and the Aleksandr Talanov thriller series
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2014
Can't wait to read the next book. Abit of a shock at the end but dying to see what happens next
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse