5.0 out of 5 stars An Extremely Underrated Show

Published on June 10, 2011 by Someone

5.0 out of 5 stars An Extremely Underrated Show, May 8, 2011
E. Cummins (Rockville, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flashpoint: Third Season (DVD)
Simply saying how great this show is is a tremendous understatement. From the end of the very first season I'm always left wondering if it'll return for another season and am always greatly pleased when it does. I became a "fan" of this show on Facebook, and there was a 5 minute clip previewing the upcoming season. At one point in it the cast and the producers explain what the word flashpoint means (I had always wondered why the show was called "Flashpoint" and never understood why). So when they said that it has to do with the moment in which the decision is made about what to do in a situation, it made perfect sense. It's that sort of thing that I think makes this show so great. The decisions this team has to make at the time of the "flashpoint". Some people might get caught up in the fact that this show is or should be all about taking down the "bad guys" but if those people looked more closely they'd see this show really has to do with how these calls affect the team and their own lives. The Season 4 premiere episode "Collateral Damage" is a great example. You've got a guy who has been accused of killing his 6 month old daughter and on the other side you've got SRU Ed Lane trying to deal with his wife and her pregnancy. By the end of the episode when you find out what really happened to the 6 month old baby, you also start to see the *possibility* of what Ed might have to go through with having a new baby and the positives and negatives that come with having a baby.

And, to the other customer who reviewed this show, as much you want to think everything is black and white when it comes to shows like this, nothing is EVER that simple. The world in general is not a black and white world and DOES have many shades of grey.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit upset with season three DVD, June 10, 2011
This review is from: Flashpoint: Third Season (DVD)
I've been watching Flashpoint on Netflix because I wanted to get caught up and start watching season 4. I missed most of seasons 2 and 3 because I was attending band camp. So after watching up to the episode "Acceptable Risk" on Netflix, I decided to buy all three season, because I absolutely LOVE this show! So today, my DVDs come in the mail and I immediately go to the season 3 DVD so I can watch the next episode. To my disappointment, the last episode in the season three DVD is "Acceptable Risk." This greatly saddened me and now I have to go find another place to watch the last episodes of season three. :/ If you're looking to buy ALL the episodes from season three, look somewhere else. Although, if you're content with just buying up to "Acceptable Risk", buy all three seasons from Amazon :) Nevertheless, I'm glad I now have them on DVD so I don't have to wait for Netflix to load :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing..., May 16, 2011
This review is from: Flashpoint: Third Season (DVD)
My whole family is a huge fan of this show. It offers much more than other tv dramas, in my opinion.
They keep it clean, unlike Grey's Anatomy and other sleazy shows like that.
Love, love, love this show! **The writers are wonderful**. Glad to have the 3rd season out now!
This show has a lot of humanity in it, which I think makes it special.

5.0 out of 5 stars CBS's fault, not Amazon, July 14, 2011
This review is from: Flashpoint: Third Season (DVD)
The reason the episodes are "messed up" is because CBS only purchased a portion of the episodes from Canada. It is one of the highest ranked shows in Canada. If you do your research, you will see that it is CBS that is deciding what is called "Season 2 or Season 3" and also the episodes are shown out of order from the original ones in Canada. The ones on TV right now that CBS calls "Season 4" are actually the remaining episodes from Season 3. Hope this helps straighten out the confusion!

5.0 out of 5 stars FlashPoint TV Show, October 19, 2010
I truly agree, this show does not get the respect it deserves. It should be a full time, prime time show. It is real and beliveable. It deals with what the individuals go through as police officers on the job and how it affects their home life. It shows them as caring human beings with feelings, who do make mistakes. The actors are fantastic, especially, Enrico and Hugh Dillon.

It's not phony in any way. Most shows on TV are for 17 yrs. and under. I can't understand why CBS or any other station will not pickup this show permanently. Is it because it's from Canada or are they aiming for the simple minded?

Who wants to watch all these mindless shows or reality shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flashpoint: Third Season, July 17, 2011
This review is from: Flashpoint: Third Season (DVD)
This is the best TV show on TV. It's a shame it's only a summer fill in. It's refreshing, realistic and beliveable.

It shows you what the team goes through on the job and how it effects them off the job.

It's not a violent, blood & guts, unbeliable show. You can't help but love the charters, especially Greg Parker and Ed Lang and the show. It's better than those stupid reality shows, or dancing shows The show is not inappropriate, with language or sexually.

The whole team knows each other and their needs job wise and as a team, which makes the team work.

This is a reality show.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Mash-up of Series 2 & part of Series 3, June 4, 2011
John Robins (Brisbane, Queensland, AU) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flashpoint: Third Season (DVD)
What a disappointment! I've been an avid follower of this drama and have series 1 & 2. When I saw that Series 3 was available I immediately purchased it. I started to view the DVD & thought that I must have unwittingly imbibed some hallucinogenic potion prior to viewing. Talk about déjà vu! The 1st story titled "One Wrong Move" commenced and I thought "I've already seen this!!?? WTF is going on?". I then looked at the episode listings on Wikipedia & compared the episodes in Seasons 2 and 3 with what purports to be Season 3 on this DVD. It is, in fact, a mash-up of the episodes from the latter part of Season 2 with various episodes from part of Season 3 and not even in the sequence in which the episodes went to air. Briefly, this DVD is a complete dud and the "Third Season" labeling is an outrageous misrepresentation and is bound to be a bitter disappointment to those who have followed this series from its beginning.

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing Episodes, September 5, 2012
I purchased the Amazon Video Series for Flashpoint Season 3. I discovered the video download is missing the last four episodes of the season. A friend has the season 3 CD and she has 4 more episodes for the season than I received. I checked the season 4 download I purchased and the 4 missing episodes were not there. The show itslf is great. It would be better if I had all of the episodes to watch. Now I am afraid to order any other series on Amazom Video downloads because I do not know if I will receive all of the season's episodes.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't sleep..., September 17, 2011
This review is from: Flashpoint: Third Season (DVD)
Typically TV time is sleepy time... but never during Flashpoint--even with repeated viewing. This series is both well-written and well-produced. There are so many levels at which to watch... pure entertainment, education (tactics and negotiations), character development...

It can even be fun to watch for that one spot where the title of the episode is used in dialog.

As with any series, there are some episodes that are "less favorite" than others, but they get watched anyway. There's just a lot being offered.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Show, September 11, 2011
This review is from: Flashpoint: Third Season (DVD)
This show is absolutely one of the best shows that CBS had to offer after their cancellation of Numb3rs. CBS is stupid to cancel airing this show, thankfully Ion is picking it up. Hopefully they will at least still continue to sell the DVD's so I may continue to buy them.
CBS not airing this anymore is probably one of the dumbest moves since ending Numb3rs. For this reason I refuse to watch anymore shows on CBS even if I also enjoy Criminal Minds, CSI NY and Blue Bloods. I will watch Criminal Minds with Flashpoint on ION.
Also again CBS messed up the order of the episodes, as this is the end part of season 2 and the begining of Season 3 as CTV has made it.