5.0 out of 5 stars great variety- great workout!
Published on February 4, 2012 by M. Abbott

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok!
Published 9 months ago by John R. Wells

5.0 out of 5 stars great variety- great workout!, February 4, 2012
This review is from: Flat Abs Pilates (DVD)
I have about 7 pilates videos between Mari and Ana Caban and wanted something more, something different. This DVD is it! I was afraid it would be just like her other pilates ab videos but Mari is able to mix this up a bit so I didn't feel like I was doing the same thing over again. I have been doing pilates for 7+ years all at home and would consider myself intermediate level- this was great. I love that there are two different workouts on one DVD (very disappointed in videos where there is only one workout). If you are just starting off it may be a tad difficult for you, but well worth it. Definitely would recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Abs Workout, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Flat Abs Pilates (DVD)
I bought the DVD to add a little variety to my workouts and I love it! I have been doing this DVD a 2-3 times a week for about 6 weeks and I can see a noticible difference. I started seeing changes at about 3-4 weeks. I've noticed my abs are flatter, and my legs are more toned, I have lost inches in my waist and I have more energy. My jeans are looser too! And Mari Winsor is a really good instructor. Definitely a good DVD!

Also, I've been doing pilates for around 5 years now and for me, this DVD is fun and definitely challanging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Burn baby burn!, June 9, 2012
This review is from: Flat Abs Pilates (DVD)
First of all, I love Mari Windsor. There are some workout video instructors and class instructors in general that I just cannot stand, for one reason or another. I love her mature, non-pretentious tone and helpful cues. When you use a video over and over again, that stuff matters. For instance, an annoying voice can get to you after a while...so can lame jokes (think P90X guy). Mari's style conveys that she is more interested in preventing injuries and taking care of your body than pushing you to some breaking point. Second, both workouts on this video leave you feeling the benefits. Pilates, specifically Mari Windor's version of Pilates, has done wonders for my shape, posture, stamina and over-all well-being. I have very specific needs when it comes to fitness: just basic weight lifting and cardio have never fully given me the sleek, taught figure I wanted. Pilates activates, and makes you aware of your muscles in a different way than anything else does. It can feel really good, even, and very rarely makes you sore. After doing some of Mari's older workouts for a few years, getting this dvd was a great way to turn up the heat and get me out my comfort zone (although it still contains her famous series of 5 for abs). Doing one or two 20-minutes workout per day (I do mine during my lunch break, before eating) gives amazing results. If fitness is going to be part of your lifestyle forever, not all of us can or should go to extremes. There is no reason why a workout can't be enjoyable and something to look forward to. For me, Mari's DVDs are just that. I highly recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Winsor pilates- great interm/advan vid to switch things up, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Flat Abs Pilates (DVD)
Love all Winsor pilates. IMO, the first workout is around the intermediate level and the second workout is at the advanced level. Mari Winsor has the tendency to be little spazzy when she instructs but she has come a long way on this one. Her pace and tone of instruction is actually quite relaxing and the music also seems to flow great with the workout. I love that it's abs focused and you have two 20-minute workouts to choose from. She uses a lot of the same moves but incorporates that with new moves. I tried both workouts this weekend with friends and can't wait to master both workouts.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had discovered Pilates earlier in life., December 7, 2012
This review is from: Flat Abs Pilates (DVD)
I have purchased a number of abs dvd's and this one is now my favorite. There are two different exercises, each which lasts for 20 minutes. One is for flattening and the other is for toning. I am a man and I use this. She has an excellent pacing voice in teaching the classes. There are 3 women of different levels so don't be intimidated. Even more, when you look at her, she looks really fabulous for someone who is clearly dare I say 40+

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok!, January 15, 2014
This review is from: Flat Abs Pilates (DVD)
The moves are fine but my wife and I found it hard to follow the pace and understand the instruction. It's not even that rigorous , but the camera jumps back and forth too much. There are three women doing the moves at different difficulty levels as Mari explains the sequence. If you're a beginner trying to learn it is hard to follow because the camera never stops for very long on the woman performing in the beginner positions.

I would recommend trying these DVD's instead.:

10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Pilates
Lara Hudson,

or

Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners
Brooke Siler

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quick workout, June 17, 2013
dmarie3194 (Buffalo, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flat Abs Pilates (DVD)
I was looking for the original winsor pilates 20 minute workout but after I got this one I realized it was just an update of the old dvd. I've always liked this workout and glad I found it again. It's great when you need a break from heavy workout days.

5.0 out of 5 stars flat abs video, August 31, 2012
This review is from: Flat Abs Pilates (DVD)
Love this video! Great work outs for your abs that allow you to really feel the burn!
Would recommend this video to anyone who is sick and tired of plain old crunches!

5.0 out of 5 stars abtastic, October 5, 2013
This review is from: Flat Abs Pilates (DVD)
Love to hate this dvd. Its good and challenging. Stick with and you'll see results fast. I'm need that extra toning boost and could see a flatter note toned low abdominal in as soon as a week. (Doing pilates every day)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Abs workout, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Flat Abs Pilates (DVD)
So far I have done only the flat abs part of this DVD, but I really like it. It is a great workout and shows new abs exercises that aren't done in the other Mari Winsor Pilates DVDs. I definitely felt challenged when I started doing this workout.

Flat Abs Pilates
Flat Abs Pilates by Michael Badertscher (DVD - 2011)
$14.98 $9.61