Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on February 16, 2009
I have been a fan of Erin McCarthy for a while now (my favorites being Heiress for Hire and Mouth to Mouth) but after being very disappointed in You Don't Know Jack, I was unsure if I wanted to give her another chance. Flat Out Sexy was definitely an improvement over "Jack." It grabbed me from the beginning and kept me entertained. This by no means is a deep story - just your basic romance with the expected bumps and conflicts along the way, but McCarthy keeps the story moving at a good pace, adds the right amount of love scenes, and a few laughs as well. I will be buying the next book in the series when it comes out.
on December 12, 2012
I really liked this couple and how they came together. I like the author's style of writing She gives you the emotion and detail that you need without having to skip through pages of useless descriptions that the reader doesn't really care about.

I am a true Nascar fan so I enjoy the setting as well. Although I don't think it is intrusive to someone who doesn't like or following racing.

I have already read the sequel and just purchased the 3rd book in the series. If I had a complaint at all it is that these cost more that I usually like to spend on a e-book, but I am on the 3rd one....
on January 25, 2014
Tamara is a widow of a race car driver, Elec is an up & coming race car rookie. The last thing Tamara has in mind is to get involved with another driver but when Elec wins over her and her two kids how can she say no? This wasn't a particularly sexy book. I think stretch marks were mentioned one too many times for that to be possible. I liked Tamara and Elec's maturity in their relationship dealing with all that came before them but I wanted a sexier romance. I'll have to read more in this series to see if any of them get more passion in the story line.
on April 22, 2009
This is the first book by Erin McCarthy that I couldn't put down. What a sweet love story. An older woman with two children who is widowed and along comes this wonderful younger man who treats her like a queen and loves her kids as much as any father could. Very rare indeed.
I cannot wait to read the next book in the series "Hard and Fast" with Imogen and Ty (two characters in this book).
This book is worth purchasing if you are a romance junkie who loves a sweet romantic story.
on November 20, 2010
McCarthy is an talented author that combines all the elements that make a book great almost flawlessly. The primary characters are great and the secondary one add just enough to make you interested in their stories as well. This had romanance, hot lovin' and humor that makes you laugh so hard you'll cry from the beginning of the book to the end. Erin brings combines he strengths of authors like Maya Banks, Shelly Laurenston, Leah Brooke and Lorelei James.
on March 8, 2009
From the opening chapter to the final word, this story was engaging.
The one liners are hilarious. "Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit." Just too funny.
I also liked that the story showed some of the negatives to the racing as well as the positives.
I thought the kids were great and realistic.
The friendship between characters had a way of moving the storyline along as well as revisiting the past without being annoying.
on April 8, 2014
I enjoyed this book - it had a lot more depth than the cover suggests! ; ) The characters were done well and the story was interesting. Reading about stock car racing was something new for me and I learned some things about that. I didn't like that a few things were left unresolved, like Johnny's beef with Elec's father and Suzanne and Ryder's marriage. This is a series so hopefully those things will be addressed in other books!
on February 25, 2013
Flat-out Sexy is the first book in Erin's Fast track series and it is awesome. I love how she lets you get to know not just the main characters but tid bits of information about the side characters. It helps set up the next book in the series but takes nothing away from the main story that you are reading, if anything I think it enhances the story. She has a style of writing that I can't help but want more and more and more.
on January 22, 2009
Another fantastic book by Erin McCarthy. I've read everything by her including her paranormal work and she never lets me down. I will not recap the premise of the book as others have already done so. If you're looking for something a little spicy, a lot sweet and tender this is a great read! I recommend EVERYTHING by Erin, she is one of my "keeper" authors. I can't wait for Imogene's story!
on October 22, 2012
I normally do not read race car driver meets girl, falls in love, etc. But, I am sure glad I read this series. I loved the easy reading style and plan on watching out for her books in the future. I was glad to see the story between Elec and Tamara was hot, full of sex and love and ended in a good way.