- Take an Extra 30% Off Any Book: Use promo code HOLIDAY30 at checkout to get an extra 30% off any book for a limited time. Excludes Kindle eBooks and Audible Audiobooks. Restrictions apply. Learn more
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
"Flattening Classrooms, Engaging Minds'' is a terrific guide, by two real pioneering teachers, on how the networked world can be used for cooperative learning that can enrich education and empower students -- anywhere and everywhere.
- Thomas L. Friedman, author, "The World Is Flat.''
Insightful, innovative, and practical, this book is a must read for any educator interested in preparing competent global citizens.
- Yong Zhao, Ph. D, Presidential Chair and Associate Dean, College of Education, University of Oregon
In a hyperconnected world, it's imperative that students gain deep, rich understandings of other peoples and places. This book demonstrates in concrete detail how every classroom can be a global classroom.
-Dr. Scott McLeod, University of Kentucky and Founding Director of the UCEA Center for the Advanced Study of Technology Leadership in Education (CASTLE)
The world is facing monumental challenges requiring creative solutions, and flattening our classrooms is our only hope! Flattening Classrooms, Engaging Minds will take you on a powerful journey of transformation - connecting your students with meaningful work and unleashing their potential to become leaders in our communities. Get ready to go global!"
- Michael Furdyk, Co-founder, TakingITGlobal.org
Open the door and find a new world! In this significant contribution to global education, Julie and Vicki have produced a resource for teachers that contains much needed information, challenges education thinking and provides resources on each and every page. This is a book a teacher can read and immediately open a global door for their students. For me. it is so exciting (and a relief!) to see that the voice of change in education thinking is the voice of our students.
- Tony Brandenburg, Fellow, Australian Council for Computers in Education
This book has everything you need to start collaborative projects in your classroom. From educators to follow, to ongoing projects you can join today. Julie and Vicki do a great job of walking you through how to get started with collaborative projects in your own classroom. With links, ideas, and steps to keep both you and the learning focused. This book has enough people, links, and resources to keep you clicking for days.
- Jeff Utecht, Apple Distinguished Educator, Google Apps for Education Certified Trainer, Consultant, Author
Excellent work. I really enjoy the information and it was really useful for my teaching project. Thanks to the authore. you are really a great help for educators and students.Published on September 24, 2012 by koko