Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on November 26, 2009
The good: This stuff works. Fleas are history! Period. It is about as non-toxic to pets and people as a flea killer can be. Compared to the high toxicity of traditional insecticide-based sprays, boric acid is innocuous. One treatment lasts for months. Even better, fleas never seem to develop any resistance to boric acid like they do to insecticides. Finally, boric acid is much, much cheaper than insecticides.

Notes: Boric acid takes four to six weeks to do its job. Be patient!. It kills slowly but effectively until *all* fleas and eggs are gone. After the initial kill, the effects last for months.

Boric acid is a white, flour-like dust. The lady of this house (the boss) would tell you that she loves the 100% effective flea control but does not like the unsightly, dusty coating on furniture. You must put up with the dusty appearance for *at least a week*, until you do the the first vacuuming.

I, on the other hand, could not care less about the appearance. From my point of view (1) the fleas are history, (2) neither she, nor I nor our pets are poisoned as we would be by the very toxic insecticide-based treatments, (3) the boric acid effect lasts for months and (4) fleas do not develop a resistance to boric acid. At least they have not developed any in the 15 years we've used it for flea control.

Comment: In contrast, while insecticide based flea controls are generally effective, they are also *toxic* to people and pets. The younger or older the people and pets, the more troublesome these effects are. Fleas develop resistance to insecticides. You have to use stronger and stronger insecticides, larger doses, rotate among insecticides, etc. to maintain their efficacy. This is bad cycle to get into for your health and your pets health. Enough said.
on March 24, 2015
Love love love this stuff. Will never buy expensive products again. Been using this since 1993 after my 3lb chichihua got infested and no matter what I did (baths 3 times a day) smoke bombs, sprays. I can't remem if the frontline products were available back then. I do remember at one point my mom put her dog on it and it died. So not only expensive but I don't want anything in my dogs bloodstream. I was recommended this product or similar by a guy at Home Depot way back then. Took it home sprinkled on my carpet. And waited. It does take a couple weeks to get them under control. I had this lovely sunroom in my house that had vinyl flooring(white) one day after using this product I noticed my sunroom floor had what looked like coffee grounds all over it. Thinking my husband spilled or brought dirt in. But as I inspected closer, it was the fleas in my carpet, jumping to safety. I couldn't believe how many there were. I'd say within a month, I never saw a flea again, not even on my dog after outings etc. I only treated the carpets once at that apartment (probably stayed 3yrs) never retreated. I completely forget about fleas, so whenever I move, I don't even think about fleas, until my doggies start the scratching. Then I treat my current place and forget about it.
I just remodeled my house with all hardwood floors, and the fleas started coming. I thought what will I do? I have no carpet to put this on. So I sprinted under furniture, and did a couple of area rugs. Believe it or not it worked. But now a year later, I am seeing a few come back, so I will just retreat again. I love this stuff! And my dogs do too! Not to mention the wallet.
review image