4.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear
3 Flents Wipe 'N Clear Eyeglass Lens Cleaner 8 Fl Oz (232 Ml) with Free Eye Glass Case

Published on August 13, 2011 by KVNathan

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for use with anti-reflective coated lenses
Published on January 30, 2012 by Alex

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for use with anti-reflective coated lenses, January 30, 2012
Alex "Alex & Marni Chediak" (RIVERSIDE, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this cleaner based on the overall positive reviews and good value. At that time, the product description did not mention anti-reflective coatings at all. But when I received the product in the mail, the following was printed on the bottle: "Check with your optician before using this product on Anti-Reflective coated lenses. Not for use with plasma screens." So I did call the optician, who said not to use this product on the glasses, because it would cause the breakdown of any coatings on the lenses.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Cleaner BUT...., April 25, 2010
I tested this against Purosol All Natural Lens Cleaner 4oz. and I really wanted to like the Flents better due to price, however, after testing them side by side for weeks I have to say I really like the Purosol cleaner better.

I tested the 2 on both my Costa Del Mar sunglasses and on all of my camera lenses and filters. The Purosol bottle and cap are much nicer, you would not think this would matter but when you are packing it the heavier plastic of the bottle matters, and the better spray cap makes a huge difference. The Purosol mists on the lens, and the Flents puts a lot of heavy drops down, so much that it foams. I truly believe that the 4oz. Purosol will last LONGER than the 8oz. Flents due to the volume of spray. Also, with my sunglasses, because of the misting action I can cover both lens at the same time, with the Flents each lens has to be sprayed separately.

As far as cleaning goes, both of these products does a great job of cleaning the lens, however the Flents, because it puts more down, requires more buffing, and if you are using a small microfiber cloth to clean it off, like the 3M Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth, Color May Vary, 1 Count that I used for the test, the cloth used for the Flents solution is soon wet and will not buff.

I highly recommend the Purosol product. This one is a good cleaner but I will not be buying again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear, August 13, 2011

I am using coated polycarbonate eye glasses. I used to clean it with cloth / tissue paper resulting scratches on the glasses. I really wanted a cleaner that is safe for coated eyeglasses and does not produce scratches. When I was browsing Amazon.com, I came across this product and purchased it. When I started using it, I found it is really good. Crystal clear vision! I felt why I did not know about this product earlier. I am now carrying it with me to office also (It is little bulky to carry it in handbag).
The unique design of Eyeglass case which came free along with cleaner is very good and now I am using it instead of my ealier case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adds Convienence to My Life, July 17, 2011
Debra Eggeman (Buena Park, CA USA) - See all my reviews
It's the little things like this that mean a lot. Having one of these bottles of lens cleaner and a lens cloth in the kitchen, in my office, and in my livingroom has made my life more comfortable and convienent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, June 7, 2009
Mark Jones (Salt Lake City, Utah United States) - See all my reviews
I've tried numerous lens cleaning products, and this is the only one that works as well as soap and water. No smearing at all. It wipes completely away leaving the lenses totally clear. Very good product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Removes spotting and streaking, February 4, 2011
I have polycarbonate lenses. First time, I just sprayed both sides and dried with a micro-cloth for lenses. I had smudges and streaks. The second time, I sprayed both sides and rubbed it around the lens with my fingers and then used the micro-cloth to dry them. Completely clean lenses. A difference in procedure may account for the differences other reviewers noticed.

I wanted a lens cleaner that would work to get my lenses really clean--usually just once a day. The rest of the time, I would just use the micro-cloth. This product does exactly what I want. I was impressed with the results and will order the product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is great!, November 18, 2011
I've tried various lens cleaners over the years. The last that I bought from LensCrafters did not perform as well as this. It atomizes well with a wide mist so you don't miss hitting all of the lens and have to respray. It cleans the lenses well. It even took off overspray from enamel spray paint pretty easily. Do use one of those fancy lens cleaning cloths and you'll be more than happy with this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest..., January 7, 2010
I must politely disagree with the three previous recommendations. I followed directions exactly for eyeglass cleaning (I use only a clean, cotton cloth) and noticed some slight distortions in my sight. Looking straight through the lense everything appeared clear, but when viewed obliquely, there was a lot of streaking and film. So I cleaned with soap and water which removed the streaks and film. Tried the Flents again with a fresh cloth and the streaks and film and distortions returned. I gave the Flens to a co-worker who has made no complaint. So maybe I just got a bad batch, or maybe my particular body chemistry is reacting to the Flents. I'm back to soap and water which never fails.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cavet Emptor, October 2, 2012
STOP - DON'T BYT THIS: Caveat Emptor . I have an issue with truth in advertising regards this product. The following statement is made on the lens cleaner dispenser: "Check with your optician before using this product on Anti-Reflective coated lenses. Not for use on plasma screens". First Neglecting to conveniently state a fundamental restriction on a product that is designed to perform a specific function is tantamount to false advertisement. The ingredients clearly state that a constituent is ALCOHOL, yet nowhere in their ad are any facts regards the usage of this product with alcohol, namely never on coated/anti-reflective lens. Second: The phase, "Check with your optician" is simply a cover - if you develop a product made to clean eyeglass and/or sunglass lens then the presence of alcohol know to degrade coated and/or anti-reflective lens is well know without "consulting your optician". Just stay clear (no pun intended) of Flents - they play with the facts to promote their product. Indeed, no love lost if Amazon nixed them from their distribution centers. Use it to clean your mirrors (maybe).

1.0 out of 5 stars Eyeglass lens cleaner you can't use on eyeglass lenses!, March 1, 2014
This product is explicitly marketed for the purpose of cleaning glasses. However, if you have anti-reflective lenses you cannot use this product. I find it ridiculous that anyone make a product for cleaning glasses that can only clean some glasses. They should be more clear on the website that you can't use this product with anti-reflective lenses as most people have an anti-reflective coating this day in age. In conclusion, awful product and I will never buy again.