5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read!!!
I am really enjoying this authors books. The perfect blend of serious police work and comedy. Don't worry, its not what most of us Americans call dry English humor. The Detective work is believable and quite interesting.
I hope we see lots more of this authors work.
Published 16 months ago by S. Dade

3.0 out of 5 stars Recurrent dialogue
I've read the first three in this series. Enjoyed No. 1, No. 2 required quite a stretch of the imagination, but by No. 3 I had well and truly tired of the recurrent, somewhat juvenile repartee between the main characters.

Published on February 12, 2012 by Amalter (a Brum in Oz)

4.0 out of 5 stars One Bad or Sad Thing After Another, January 29, 2014
This review is from: The Flesh is Weak (Parish & Richards Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Bodies, and more bodies. Explosions, M16, a sniper, death and destruction. I've grown attached to the characters in this series. At times, it's hard to reconcile the terrible crimes with the easy, light-hearted way the characters interact. But really, that is the challenge police face every day, isn't it? To deal with the dark side of humanity while maintaining their own. The mystery about DI Parish's early life deepens...I hope I don't have to wait too long for resolution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read!!!, September 29, 2013
I hope we see lots more of this authors work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Recurrent dialogue, February 12, 2012

I'm still interested in the question of Parish's ancestry, but have decided to read a few other books before reading No. 4, which I hope will deal with that question.

I would still recommend the series, which I'm happy to say is without the explicit language and sex apparently deemed necessary to so many current crime and mystery stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars parish and richards, October 23, 2011
parish and richards are an outstanding team.please,mr. ellis write more in the series. i only wish that i could meet mary and jed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Parish's fight to live, September 18, 2011
I read books 1 - 3 of the Parish & Richards series back-to-back. Therefore, the reviews are being posted all at one time.

In "The Flesh is Weak"" DI Parish and his trainee, Richards, arrive at a grave in Galleyhill Wood in Essex. It contains the skeleton of ten year-old Amy Linton--missing for eight years. Before they can leave the crime scene, Head of Forensics, Paul Toadstone, finds four more skeletons stacked beneath Amy. Before 24 hours is up, they have found three more graves, each with the skeletons of five children. Then they discover a fifth grave with only two. The clock is ticking.

A reporter, who violates the edict to not say anything before Parish & Richards have notified the parents, is murdered, only his head is left in his ransacked apartment. The newspaper where he worked is destroyed by fire. As Parish and Richards slowly begin to collect the evidence and put the pieces of the puzzle together, two new players enter in the game. Amy's father John Linton wants to avenge his daughter and exorcise his guilt. Then there is Alex Knight who works with MI6 and is ordered to kill Parish after he requests information on his parents. While Parish and Richards survive the murderous killers, two beloved members of the team die.

What's great about this ending is the wrap-up dealing with Linton & Knight. We know we'll see Knight again, and she just might help Parish figure out who he is, because that birth certificate of his is a forgery.

As an aside, the reason behind the killing--which turned off another reviewer--while important, isn't the main thrust of this story. Yes, Parish & Richards are once again in the thick of it, but Ellis' developing secondary story about who Parish is and who were his parents is haunting. I look forward to more about his life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awhhhh., May 30, 2014
Same great characters, same tight writing, same gift for suspense. Unfortunately, the main premise for the plot is a bunch of celebrity renegade Masons who get together to eat a kidnapped child once a year. Not pretty, and way over the top for drama. The rest is well done as usual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, May 29, 2013
What can I say another exciting Parish & richards saga,I just cant get enough of these two charcters. Book Number 4 here I come.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, April 29, 2013
what more can i say about tim ellis i have read all of parish and richards and now starting to read his other books

4.0 out of 5 stars Parish and his Richards women, February 9, 2013
Although I've enjoyed the storylines in this series I am finding the interaction between Parish and Richards rather tedious and repetitive. Richards often comes across as quite infantile and her constant "Siir, you are so mean" is so irritating that it makes me almost want to discontinue reading! I found Parish's new relationship far fetched and banal. The stories would carry far more clout without these two filler characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Ellis is back, December 13, 2011
I really enjoyed The Flesh is Weak. Having read the previous two Parish & Richards books, I started reading this third installment with a bit of concern. I liked the first one a lot, but was very disappointed in the second one. I was hoping that this book would be as good as the first. I have to say that I enjoyed this one more. The characters are back in stride and the story, while a bit over the top for some, held my interest from beginning to end. One thing that I liked about this book was that Mr. Ellis moved his timeline along, having some characters leave the series but replacing them with new characters that I enjoyed just as much and felt that I came to know as the story went on. I can strongly recommend this book.