Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 7, 2015
great Disney
on September 5, 2014
A wonderfully romantic story with great flying images.
on May 23, 2014
Even though it's almost 50 years old, it's still a good story and a good way to interest kids in flying gliders. The writers took some liberties with their script; such as putting condors on the eastern slope of the Sierras, and calling a 1-26 a "high performance sailplane." However it is still very much worth seeing.
on May 9, 2014
Great Movie, this movie got me started in soaring. I saw it on TV back when it first aired. I'm now a commercial rated sailplane pilot.
Even though its way outdated it still has some great flying scenes and includes Fred Harris, a pioneer sailplane operator I had the pleasure to fly with those many years ago.
on March 3, 2013
This Disney film was primarily the product of Ken Nelson Productions, under contract to Disney. My lifetime best friend, Ken Nelson, wrote the story, hired the local kids as actors, and, I believe, did all the cinematography, in the air and on the ground. My wife and I flew into the airport at Tehachapi to spend a weekend with Ken and his wife when they were staying there during the filming. Ken and I learned to fly in high school when we were in the Civil Air Patrol Cadets. Soaring popularity increased substantially after the release of this film. Ken made several films for the Disney "World of..." series, including films about sea turtles, river otters, storms, and a hurricane, and participated in filming "The Great Whales" for National Geographic. Previously, he had filmed some of the "Danger is my Business" TV series. Later he specialized in educational films. Ken died in 1998 after completing "Voyage of the Manatee," about a young handicapped girl and a sailboat.
on February 15, 2013
When I saw this way back in the 60's, I fell in love with flying, which lead me to want to learn to fly sail planes. Which I did. Every pilot should see this, dated but fun and there are so few flying movies..
on June 27, 2011
I wish every person was this great and easy to work with. I received this item very fast and in perfect condition. Thanks for the great service.
on January 7, 2009
Like a lot of folks I remember the Walt Diney sunday evening family TV shows from my childhood. I was looking for a video to show the basic idea of what is involved in flying a sailplane, for my daughter. The video is a clip from the old show. It is dated as it is from a simpler time , but I enjoyed it and it does tell how a teeenage boy learns about gliders/sailplanes. Todays teenagers may turn up their noses but I was looking for my mom to bring me a grilled cheese and soup like when I was a kid! I am a pilot and the video was very technically correct. I would recommend it.
on August 25, 2008
THE STORY: Chris Jury (played by himself) is a teenage boy in California who spends his free time watching Condors. The endangered birds are very graceful in flight for their size. Chris meets a woman that is a sailplane glider pilot attempting to win a distance award, and he takes up sailplane lessons from an instructor (Fred Harris). Eventually Chris can soar with his condors.

BEHIND THE SCENES AND TRIVIA: The story is an episode of the Walt Disney World of Color television show. The episode was produced by James Algar. The script by Homer McCoy is based on a story by Ken Nelson, who also served as a field producer and photographer of condors for the project. The musical score is by veteran Disney Studio composer Buddy Baker. Originally aired on television on NBC's Wonderful World of Color on February 19, 1967 and re-aired on May 28 of that year, and again on April 15, 1973. Sailplanes were also used in another television episode called "The Sky Trap".