4,124 Reviews
 (2,651)

This product is an FM transmitter that connects to your Phone via bluetooth, and then transmits the audio to your car stereo through an FM signal. Just the same as other FM transmitters, but using bluetooth connection to your phone rather than a cord.

Setup:
Published on July 7, 2010 by Blu-estLight

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible customer service
This broke 6 months after purchase. They outsource their warranty to some rude company that is requiring I spend $15 to have it repaired. That's a warranty? I call that a scam of making bad products and then putting in a cost barrier so that people won't actually use the promised warranty. Buy a Jabra instead, that's a reputable company that stands behind their products.
Published on August 4, 2011 by JES and SBS

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked GREAT with Motorola Droid, HTC EVO 4G, iPhone 3GS, HTC Droid Incredible, Blackberry Curve, CLIQ and HTC Hero so far..., July 7, 2010
This review is from: GOgroove FlexSMART X2 Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging , Music Control , and Hands-Free Calling for Smartphones , Tablets , MP3 Players & More! (Electronics)

Setup:
I take a lot of trips up to Santa Barbara on the weekends and it's about 90 miles away. I use this with my Motorola Droid usually, but also with my friends' phones too. First you just plug the FLEXSMART X2 into the cigarette outlet in your car, and then press the power button. You see the LCD light up and you can adjust the FM station with the twisting knob. Just match the FM station on the FLEXSMART X2 and your car FM radio. To find the best station you can just hold down the twisting knob for a few seconds and it automatically finds a clear station for you. All you have to do to put the FLEXSMART X2 into pairing mode is hold the blue call button for a couple seconds, and then the lights start to flash. Then you go into your bluetooth settings on whatever phone you have and search for FLEXSMART X2 from the list. It usually connects in about 5 seconds. You here two beeps. One thing to notice is that when you want to disconnect one phone and connect a friend's, you have to unpair the 1st phone before connecting the 2nd one.

Sound for Music and Calls:
The sound quality for music seems to be very good. It's way less interference than other FM transmitters, I think it's possibly because there are no wires connecting the phone to the transmitter. Bluetooth music seems to be superior. One thing I did notice was a difference in my sound levels with the bass and treble. I just tweaked the bass and treble levels and got it sounding the way I like. Call quality is different. I can't figure it out...sometimes when I make or receive calls everything is perfect.. then sometimes the person I'm talking to says they can hear their voice echo in the background, BUT they sound fine to me??? It only happens maybe 1 out of 10 times.. but I can't figure out what causes it... maybe a bad cell phone signal I'm not sure. BUt for the most part calls sound good and I like how I can answer and end calls without ever toughing my phone

Controls:
You can answer and end calls by the controls on FLEXSMART X2, and you can even hold down the call button to call the same person you last talked to. The twisting knob is used for fm station tuning. Twsting it will change the FM station by 0.1 with each click. One cool feature is this Auto-Seek that finds clear stations for you. You just hold down the twisting knob and it zooms into a clear station...very cool. Also, the knob controls volume if you click it down just once. It seems like the best sound comes when you turn the FLEXMSART X2 volume up to 30, and then your car radio at about mid level(depending on how loud you like your music). I've noticed by turning up the volume on FLEXSMART X2 first the sound quality is really great. The play, forward and back buttons control your music. These controls worked great on most phones I've tried, but only the play and pause control worked on the iPhone 3GS we used.

Other cool things.....
I noticed that when you leave your phoen bluetooth on, FLEXSMART X2 automatically re-pairs it when you turn your car on. Thats pretty cool. It also comes with 3 usb cables which can charge iPods and almost any cell phone. It has a USB port on the side of it that you connect these cables to, so you could charge your phone or your friend's phone even though your cigarette outlet is being taken up.
The lights are also really cool at night. They go nice with my 2002 Volkswagen console lights. ALSO, you can use this just like any other FM transmitter if you have an iPod or something without bluetooth capability. It has a 3.5mm headphone cord jack and a two-way cable. It's cool that you can use it even with things(mp3 players / laptops) that don't have bluetooth capability.

What a cool product... for sure one of the coolest car audio products I've ever used...hahha and my friends like it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best FM transmitter for my HTC Evo, July 3, 2010
When I got the HTC Evo back at the beginning of June I just went to Wal Mart and picked up an FM transmitter there for 50 dollars, but it would only transmit to the radio but not charge the phone. For anyone who has an Evo, you know that the battery life is not good. Plus it had a so much excess wiring. I returned it and bought this off of amazon and it is amazing. It paired within 10 seconds and transmits with barely noticeable no static, transmits far better than the 50 dollar thing I got from Wal-Mart or the FM transmitter I had for my iphone. I put my phone onto pandora, plug in the charger and set it down and if a song comes up I want to skip, I can just hit the forward button on the flexSmart unit which can be easily adjusted to any position for your hand.

I love this thing, its not obtrusive, theres not a ton of excess wiring, just the gooseneck and if you want to charge it simultaneously you can just plug it into the usb port with the included 6 inch wire or use your own. The calls come in clear and great too, just as good as any bluetooth headset.

I highly recommend this if you dont have an auxiliary port in your car stereo, I was considering getting the gomadic one which is only 5 dollars cheapers, but has so much more wiring and the typical inconvenient control module built into the wiring. I'm really glad I got this one, I'm about to drive from DC to Portland and this thing will make the trip much more bearable and its not an eye sore in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible with Android AND iPhone 4!, August 11, 2010
lizzylougirl (bloomington, IL) - See all my reviews
Okay, so maybe everybody knows this, but this isn't just for the Android phone-- it's compatible with the iPhone 4 as well. I wasn't sure of this (I've never really messed with bluetooth before) as they list the FlexSmart on here for the iPhone and the Android phone as separate products. The one listed for the iPhone is actually more money and is not Prime eligible, so I took a chance and just ordered this one. Success, it worked! So if there's anyone out there that's as silly as me wondering hey, will it work for both? The answer is YES. I have an iPhone 4 and my husband has the Samsung Galaxy (an Android phone), and we both connect to it with NO problems whatsoever.

The sound is super crisp. I've had an FM transmitter for my iPod before and not been impressed-- it was static-y and wouldn't hold the signal. But this little gadget really knocked my socks off! Pairing it with 2 different phones was super easy, and the sound quality is terrific. My husband wants one for his truck now. :)

In the item pictures, it only shows the mini & micro USB and audio cords, but this comes with a little package of all the USB cords you'd need for charging if you're a multi-phone family like us (including iPhone/iPod cord). That is REALLY awesome because now I've got ONE device for bluetooth, charging and music! I can get rid of all those other cords! The cord plugs into the USB port and keeps my iPhone charged on long drives. :)

I also plugged my mom's iPhone 3G and my sister's iPhone 3GS into it, paired it using Bluetooth, and it worked flawlessly with those models as well.

I highly recommend this!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GoGroove with IPhone 4s and IPod Touch 4g, March 28, 2012
Let me start by saying i don't usually leave reviews but holy #$&* this is deserves a gadget MVP. I am an audophile and i was ready for disappointment after hooking this thing up given my past experiences with FM transmitters but i instead had an eargasm... twice. Everything from pulling it out of the box to syncing it with both my IPhone and Ipod touch 4g were effortless. The receiver has its own volume adjuster built in which is clutch because it allows you to adjust it up to the highest volume needed to obtain distortion (Bass in my case) free sound. Rest assured that the volume is more then ample for the system in your car. The auto station finder is cool but i found that 106.3 works in MD the best. The connection is better then having a cd in because you can play with 3 different volume limits (device, transmitter and car) and 2 equalizers (device and your car if it doesnt suck) to get the best sound possible. The calls are insanely clear and there is no lag with the signal when switching a song, pausing or answering a call. Its definitely the coolest looking FM transmitter on the market. Its funny because i was going to cancel this order and get the adapter to hook my IPod directly into my 2006 Honda Accord Navi using one of the XM stations for about $150.00 plus installation but boy am i glad i didn't. Oh and very importantly it does support your Ipod sync cable to charge your apple devices!!! I cant say enough good things about this thing.

Overall, if you're like me and you wait for that one review that makes up your mind on whether you're going to get something or not...please let me be as clear as possible...Purchase this or you will regret it. Its very reasonably priced and it does everything you need. I wish i had 3 cars so i could buy 2 more. And if you have an Iphone or anything with bluetooth for that matter and dont have it already integrated into your car, this is the product you need. Heck i might get a GoGroove tattoo i love this thing so much. I might get a second job at the GoGroove factory making these things. Who knows, there's so many options and the night is young.

Buy it. Boom!

Chuck

5.0 out of 5 stars It actually works!, September 28, 2011
christine m. (san francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I was hesitant to purchase an FM based transmitting device for my iPhone. I was going to spend the money and get a new stereo with an wired interface for my iPhone instead. I've tried quite a few of the FM based devices before, and I was always getting interference from FM broadcast stations, even ones that were not close by. I was very surprised that I did not have that problem with this device. I traveled over 250 miles one way, going through 3 major cities, and not once did I have to search for a clean station. When I turned off power to the Flexsmart X2, there was a very strong station being broadcast on the frequency it was using, but I never had bleed through from it. Amazing. I did not really buy it for the phone capabilities, since I use a BlueAnt visor clip model, but the Flexsmart X2 is superior to the BlueAnt. No one tells me that I sound awful using it, and most people don't know that I am on a speaker phone unless I tell them. Since the audio for the phone is coming through the radio, I don't have a problem hearing the party I am speaking to, either. Only problem with it is that the flex arm seems to be a bit weak and sags after a while, but it is far from a deal breaker. I have no problem recommending purchasing this to anyone looking for a very good, inexpensive way to interface their iPhone with their car stereo.

4.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT PRODUCT!, August 12, 2010
This my quick review, I'll use the given standardized attributes -

Call Quality (4)
- The quality is actually pretty good, but it wasn't 5 stars primarily because the voice volume is considerably lower than the music volume and this is with them set to be even on the phone, it's a big discrepancy in the two volume levels.

Compatibility (5)
- Gave it a 5 for this because I tried it with a bunch of devices and it connected and worked NO PROBLEM! It re-pairs and reconnects effortlessly. It supports all the different pairing modes as advertised and paired with my Android phone I can control the music I play with the easy-to-use buttons.

Setup (5)
- You don't have to be a Techie AT ALL to set this up in under 10 mins (and keep it setup). Pairing was easy, using was easy and intuitive. There is one little issue that I will mention at the end. What Is great is that they provide you ALL the cables you would ever need.

Sound Quality (4)
- The sound quality is pretty okay, but not great.

Music Quality (4)

- I gave this a 4 because the sound quality over bluetooth is noticeably less than when it is connected via cable (not too much of a surprise there). There's almost no bottom-end in the music over Bluetooth.

SUGGESTION to the manufacturers:

I really luv this product. There are two quick suggestions I have -
(1) Improve the quality of the music over Bluetooth (it needs to be able to carry bass).
(2) This next one is concerning the knob. It is very nice in every way, EXCEPT... I suggest to reverse the volume and tuning operations. When you turn the knob it changes the FM frequency (which is not something that you have to do much if at all)... HOWEVER, to adjust the volume (more frequently done) you have to first press the knob and then turn it to adjust. These need to be switched around.

If I discover anything else I will add more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with Samsung Galaxy S3, but needs to be setup right., February 7, 2013
I was very close to throwing this thing away after a couple of days using it with my Samsung Galaxy S3. All I was getting was distorted audio and muddy bass. It sounded a lot better when I connected the aux cable, but you lose the bluebooth calling capability this way and you have to deal with ugly wires in your car.

But after tweaking with the volume controls a bit, it now sounds AMAZING and I could not be happier.

My issue was that I had my phone volume maxed out, which was sending a distorted signal to the GoGroove. After turning my phone volume down to about 70% of max and turning up the car radio volume to compensate, the audio is now crystal clear. Sounds like I'm listening to CDs.

My final setup: Phone volume set to 70% of max. GoGroove volume set to max (30). Radio volume adjusted to my mood. Crystal clear audio!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A couple of issues, but overall OK, July 29, 2010
Music sound quality is pretty good. The radio frequency transmitter seems to be pretty strong, and I haven't noticed any interference, even when using a station that has a faint transmission from a radio station. The transmission is generally better than the Griffin transmitter I used to use for my iPod.

They should find a new supplier for the USB cable to charge the Droid. The only cable that seems to charge through the GoGroove is my long Motorola OEM cable, so I end up with 2 feet of extra cable hanging around my gear shift and parking brake, which is annoying.

There is also an annoying whistling noise when I play podcasts from my Droid if the Droid is also plugged in through the USB port to charge. The noise seems to get higher in pitch the faster I drive, and lowers in pitch as I slow down. Because of this problem, I returned one device to the retailer and ordered a replacement, thinking perhaps the device was defective. The second one did the same thing, but luckily not as loud. I'm not sure why it does this, and maybe it's just with my car (a Mazda MX-5). Sometimes the noise will suddenly disappear after I've been driving for 30 minutes or so, but not always. Perhaps it stops once the battery is fully charged.

The MOST annoying thing is that sometimes the Bluetooth connection for media fails to connect (although the phone connection is fine). If I turn off Bluetooth and then turn it back on and then turn off the GoGroove and then turn it back on, it usually connects, but it's an annoying extra step. Because of this problem and because for some reason when using the cable supplied with the GoGroove, my phone would not charge, I returned the SECOND GoGroove to try a third one. The third one does the same thing.

Accessory Genie customer service has been VERY responsive and helpful in dealing with the problems I had with the device, but for the price they charge, the charging cable and bluetooth connection should work.

Basically, I'm not going to send it back because it's not worth the trouble and I like the signal strength, but if a better product comes out (maybe Motorola or Griffin will come up with something comparable), I will probably switch.

Update 6/2012: I had a baby about 15 months ago, so I switched from the MX-5 (2 seater) to a mommy-mobile (Honda Pilot). I no longer get the whining interference (well, not from the GoGrove, at least, but the toddler in the carseat is a different story... LOL!) I also have an extra charging outlet, so I no longer have to plug my Droid into the GOgroove to charge it.

Occasionally, my phone still fails to connect through bluetooth, but I'm sure it's the phone, not the device, I just have to go into settings and tell the phone to connect. Overall, I'm really happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing with iPhone 4 / 4s calls, iPod, spotify, and pandora and Android, September 26, 2011
This thing is amazing.fm transmitter is good with rare interference, but not noticeable during music and calls, just during idle times.
The pause skip forward and backwards works great with pandora iPod and spotify. Also if you want to hands free dial from your iPhone hold the call button the groove for 5 secs then say, " call 'name of person'" and your dialing people with out taking eyes off road. It has usb port on side that charges my iPhone perfectly, but adds a bit of noise from car when charging. Only noticed when idled. Automatically syncs when you get in your car and turn on remembers station, but not volume. Defaults back volume 20.
Great quality and product. Only complain is that the volume should have been default on the knob instead of pushing down the knob to switch to volume control of the groove. The default of the knob is the station selection.

Amazing product. People sound great and hear me great. Plus no feedback or echo complains from anyone and I have my unit extremely loud.

Update:
Got the iPhone 4s and it works just as good. I now just hold the call button on the groove and Siri listens for my command. I can now safely send text messages without taking my eyes off the road. Great. All music controls still work perfectly.

Also works fine with EVO 3d and my sister's other Android. 5 people I know with different android phones have bought this and they all love it and says it works fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible customer service, August 4, 2011