Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on February 18, 2014
Danger - This sled will make you kids snots fly out of their head!

Great product - great value - don't waste your money on those cheap plastic throwaways - this thing is stamped out of heavy guage Bethleham Steel. Could be used as a shiled in the event of a meteor shower or bazooka attack.

I placed my sweet 6 year old daughter on this sled, remembering how much fun I had as a kid on a similar toy. I gave her a gentle spin and sent her down the local hill. I also coated the base with Herzoggs Death Wax 2000. She made three revolutions in about 3 feet and that is when I realized I didn't need to add any rotation to the ride. She continued down the hill with increasing speed and maxed out at about 200 rpms by the time she hit the flats. Thats when the speed wax kicked in and she took off across the snow pack like a Jamacian Bobsleeder with his dreds on fire.

She finally made it back around suppertime and proclaimed that was the best ride of her little life. Tommorro we are going to attach her with a tow line behind the snowmobile and see how she does.
55 comments61 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2007
This metal saucer sled brings back memories from when I was a kid. The plastic saucers just don't cut it. The kids like the metal sled because it goes faster and the rocks don't hit their butts like it does through plastic. I was so happy I was able to find these metal saucers. They were shipped promptly. I am very happy with my purchase.
0Comment26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2010
I was thrilled to find a metal saucer and thrilled again to find one made in the USA. BUT this saucer is as thin as a baking pan. After THREE runs the saucer started to dent, and by the end of the day it was unusable despite being punched back into some semblance of smooth time after time. The red paint was quickly scratched off even on the inside (by the snow boots).

I bought this for my daughter and my friend bought one for her daughter, with the same poor results.

I still ride my father's 85-yr-old Flexible Flyer sled: they don't make things like they used to!
22 comments32 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2012
My 3 year old son received this as a Christmas gift this year from his Aunt. I'm not sure why everyone says it goes faster - maybe it depends on the type of snow you get??? We live in Chicago and just got 6+ inches of "dry" snow. We went sledding today with friends who owned the same Flexible Flyer only the plastic version. The kids all fought for the plastic one because it went much faster down the hills than the metal one. To make it worse the metal one weighs quite a bit more and was a lot of work for kids to drag up the steep hill. When we got home we noticed that there is a huge dent in the middle of the saucer now. Save your money and order the plastic version.
on January 16, 2011
This is a wonderful item! I bought one for each of my three sons. It works great for my 16-year old (6'3", 180 lb) down to my 10 year old (4'9", 90 lb). I would highly recommend this sled to anyone!
on November 7, 2015
While I didn’t use the sled for its intended purpose, this metal sled served as an awesome Captain America shield. With Dupli-color auto paint, Rust-oleum clear gloss-coat, a stripping pad, and a few other tools, the sled was easily transformed into Cap’s MCU shield. And since it’s all metal, the shield feels very durable...almost like Vibranium (but I wouldn’t recommend testing that aspect since the sled’s only steel). :)
review image
on February 3, 2013
We've used this sled several times this winter now and have enjoyed it. It is a little small for an adult, but my 9 and 6 year old can ride it together. It is nice that it is a metal sled, but is really thin metal and dents fairly easily. The dents are simple to pop out and don't seem to affect its function though.
on July 24, 2011
Great product. there should be a weight limit. My husband took it down the hill and it bent. The company replaced it quickly and the kids absolutely love it!! Well work the money
11 comment11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2011
We took this out sledding today and it was the hit of the crowd. MUCH faster than other sleds. It is a bit pricey though...
on January 7, 2010
I had a steel snow saucer when I was a kid -- it was a blast. Last year (Christmas of 2008), I bought this new bright red Flexible Flyer just to have -- it makes me happy to look at it. As a kid, I lived in the north Jersey hills, so had plenty of places to sail it down slippery slopes. I have no such advantage close to my home now, but if I ever go somewhere in the winter where I think snowy hills would exist, I'll bring my flyer, get crunched up in it, close my eyes, and pretend it's 1957 all over again. So I'm 63 -- but I'm in good shape; in fact, I'm a downhill skier......so I think I could manage a few rides on my red flyer. If you're a sentimental Boomer like me, order one of these just to have it. I have no grandkids, but even if I did, it would be "hands off" my snow saucer!!! hahahahaha