5.0 out of 5 stars YES!
That's not any `ole yes but more like an 11 year old kid kind of YESSSSSSSSS!

Published on January 2, 2008 by K. Zimmers

3.0 out of 5 stars Breaks too easily
The snowball maker broke upon the first 5 seconds of usage. All my four-year old did was to strike lightly at the one-day old snow (which was not all that hard). Quite a disappointment.
Published on January 4, 2011 by LMTraveller

5.0 out of 5 stars YES!, January 2, 2008
This review is from: Flexible Flyer Snowball Maker, colors may vary (Sports)
That's not any `ole yes but more like an 11 year old kid kind of YESSSSSSSSS!

Ok, I'm not 11 anymore, I just turned 40 and my girlfriend is 39. But we still know how to have fun. And playing in the snow is fun. Though when it came to throwing snowballs she was very outclassed. Now the odds are much more even and she knows it! Her main problem was lack of strength or endurance to hand pack the balls. Now she can pump them out at one a second and I'm finding myself ducking a lot more then I used to.

These things work great, PERIOD. You simply pull apart the handles to open up the ball making end, stick it in the snow and push the handles together. Pull the handles back apart and your new snow ball falls out. All you have to do to make another one is move slightly to fresh snow.

The only con is that the ends on both of ours are slightly out of alignment making a slightly non-perfect sphere but it really doesn't seem to matter too much. It's a small issue that just bugs me as an engineer.

And it really does only take about a second for a decent ball. Expect to spend maybe another second for a high quality ball that has just the right density. You can control the tightness of the ball by how much snow you grab between the ends; to make a tighter ball first make a basic one then grab more snow and close back down.

A big bonus is that the balls are right for play not war. My man hands tend to pack snow down to baseball consistency which my girlfriend didn't enjoy as much... with this tool the balls are light and more fun. Also they are more consistent which is more enjoyable because you know what's coming and don't tense up waiting to get clobbered by that one hard ball.

In summary: YESSSSSSSSS!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it job: Makes great snowballs!, July 19, 2007
Squirrel Productions (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flexible Flyer Snowball Maker, colors may vary (Sports)
This simple tool does what it is intended to do: make snowballs to the right compactness. The snowballs were neither too soft that disintegrate when thrown; nor were the snowballs packed too tightly making dangerous iceballs. From toddlers to grownups, the tool is very easy to use. Plus, its bright red color makes it very easy to find in the snow.

I would recommend getting one for each child/snowball maker; it's hard to call a "truce" in the middle of a snowball fight to borrow the snowball maker!

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER DUPER SNOWBALLS, January 17, 2007
Melissa Czekaj (Valparaiso, IN USA) - See all my reviews
My son says the following about the Flexible Flyer Snowball Maker:

The snowballs can be really compact and they don't fall apart when you try to throw them. Snowballs are made really quickly which means I can stock my snow fort super fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT ALL AROUND!, December 29, 2012
Length:: 0:09 Mins

This is fabulous and even my just turned 3-year-old had no problem using it to make perfect snowballs! Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mold, October 23, 2013
Amazon Customer (CITRUS HEIGHTS, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flexible Flyer Snowball Maker, colors may vary (Sports)
I ordered this snowball maker to shape homemade bath bombs. It was cheaper than the molds that are sold for bath bombs and worked great! We don't get snow here, but it would be fun to try this out in the snow!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for making Bath Bombs, December 28, 2013
This review is from: Flexible Flyer Snowball Maker, colors may vary (Sports)
I ordered this to make Bath Bombs. It is perfect for that. The size is about 2 inch diameter. The price was good. It would be hard to find in stores. It was interesting that the package it was shipped in was all Chinese. I saved the packaging just for the novelty of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Breaks too easily, January 4, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Good baller, July 5, 2013
This review is from: Flexible Flyer Snowball Maker, colors may vary (Sports)
I used this to make big round bath fizzies, it makes really big ones! but it certainly is a good bath fizzie mold!

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE, February 7, 2014
This review is from: Flexible Flyer Snowball Maker, colors may vary (Sports)
Me son actually wanted to order this snowball maker so he could give it to my other son (his little brother) as a Christmas gift. I placed the order in NOVEMBER. The poor kid kept asking everyday, "Did it come in yet?" It never did. He finally gave up hope. I have asked for a refund two times and still have not been credited. At the end of the day, it is a $10.00 item so I'm not losing sleep over it but I certainly learned my lesson. I'm never buying from this seller again!

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke, December 31, 2010
This review is from: Flexible Flyer Snowball Maker, colors may vary (Sports)
Makes great snowballs, but broke after a half hour of use, right where the screw is. Very disappointing. I thought maybe it was bad luck and I would just replace it since it doesn't cost much, but I looked at the second one I bought and noticed it looked stressed too. I supposed if you don't apply too much pressure it will last a long time but try telling a 4 and 7 year old that.

Flexible Flyer Snowball Maker, colors may vary