Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on July 11, 2010
So, it doesn't shave as close as a straight razor. It uses too much shaving cream. It doesn't last.

I have been using this razor for years, and the things I love about it outweight those issues.
1( and 2) No, it doesn't shave as close as other razors, but it is close enough. It is great to carry on long distance camping/hiking trips, BECAUSE it doesn't really need shaving cream. I think some of the people who think it isn't shaving as close as they like are causing the problem with the shaving cream. If you only use a small amount (or better yet, use just some hair conditioner....better for your legs, less drying, and it won't clog up the Flicker)it works fine. A small amount of something to lubricate it is all you need, either a light coating of bath soap, or just water. I love that it does a commendable job dry, too.

3) I have been amazed at how long the blades will last if they aren't clogged up.

4) And another great point...it will pass through airport security anywhere in the world w/o a problem.

All in all, I was just happy to be able to find them online. Give them a chance in the right context.
on April 19, 2003
This little shaver has been around for years. If you've ever been in a hurry and don't have time for the hot water soap/cream way to shave your legs then this will get the job done. In fact when it first appeared their commercials focused on the fact you did'nt need soap or water to use it. In fact, it works best on dry legs so you can use it anywhere and will not cut you.
on May 30, 2008
I have used the Flicker for many years, and it is no longer available at the markets or drug stores in my area. I was very pleased that I could purchase this razor via Amazon.com. It works extremely well without cutting your skin. I highly recommend it for women's shaving needs.
on October 29, 2010
I have used the Flicker classic for so many years. It is the only razor I can use that do not produce rash to my skin. Easy to use, easy to discard. I used to buy it in bulk through Amazon. It is very sad that such an excellent product is not available at this time. Maybe if Persona promote it as expected the product will be in demand as before.
on July 7, 2004
Yes, I've been using this product for over 30 years. Periodically I try another, usually highly touted, shaver and I've always been disappointed. A Flicker blade lasts many times longer, rarely nicks, and is so much cheaper. I was dismayed when the last store I knew that carried it stopped carrying it. I'm so happy to have found it here through Amazon!
on July 10, 2010
I've used this shaver for years and can't get it locally anymore. So I will be ordering more. It doesn't cut your legs. Love it !
on March 13, 2000
I really like the way these razors work. I didn't have one nick or cut. I'd recommend them to anyone.
on July 24, 2013
this razor is great, clean shave, no cuts, great for teenagers just starting to shave, NO CUTS, I would order from persona and get a case, and then I was told they are no longer manufacturing this product. I could never find another razor that I thought could be as good as the FLICKER. I did a search and found I could order from amazon. very, very happy-however I think it is much too expensive.
on August 2, 2013
These razors are not made anymore - there is an entire community in need of this product - it is the developmentally disabled ladies. We are guardians to a wonderful lady and she struggles to shave her legs without cutting them, this razor is perfect for her! Without this razor she has to have someone assist her and it is humiliating for her. I don't know why they stopped making this - my guess is it wasn't a huge money maker but there are so many disabled ladies that need these! We bought what we could find!
on March 31, 2015
love my Flicker Shavers - couldn't get along without them, have used them for years ever since they first appeared in the drug stores was so sorry when the stores stopped carrying them but was overjoyed when I found they were available on the computer.