Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now SnS

100%

on June 15, 2011
For many years, Mel Henson has worked in the direct marketing industry. She knows and understands the dynamics of how websites and catalogues are propelled into high volume and money-making success. In easy-to-understand chapters, she gives this information in FLICKS AND CLICKS.

Chapters like Anatomy of a website include great reminders for anyone--even someone like me who has many websites and has been online for years. In her introduction, Henson gives her purpose the book saying,"Through working with some very talented clients and colleagues over the years, I've learned many secrets of successful online and offline marketing. I'm delighted to share them with you here and I hope they help you gain more flicks of your catalogues, and more clicks on your websites and more profits for your bottom line." (Page xi)

I appreciate the basic lessons about copywriting that Henson includes such as when she writes about web content:"One thing that all web content has in common is that it must be very, very straightforward. That's because search engines simply don't understand clever headlines, puns and plays on words. Web copy has to be clear, not clever." (Page 99)

Each chapter includes an excellent summary so the reader can easily apply the key points to their own business. Whether you are looking to improve the copy on your own website or the response rate of your site, you will gain important insight in the pages of this title. As I read it, I used my yellow highlighter throughout and flagged a number of pages to take personal action. I highly recommend this excellent book.