5.0 out of 5 stars Lighten up with this book!
Published on December 6, 2005 by Christian Seitz

2.0 out of 5 stars Poop
I love getting Peter Brown's children's books for my little cousins, but this one was not at all what I expected from the short description of it. It sounds like the waddles are going to go on a flying adventure, but neglects to mention POOP target practice as a major theme in the book. If you're not a big fan of encouraging potty humor than this probably not the right...
Published on January 19, 2013

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lighten up with this book!, December 6, 2005
Christian Seitz (Charlotte, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight of the Dodo (Hardcover)
It is rare to find a book that can appeal to such a large audience. To children, the message is clear, positive, and entertaining. To humorous adults, it's just plain funny and a joy to read repeatedly. And to art critics, Peter Brown's work in this book is museum-worthy! Buy this book as a gift for anyone who fits these categories, and remember to pick one up for yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Nieces LOVE This Book., December 5, 2005
Toto (Roseville, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight of the Dodo (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my nieces a few weeks ago and they read it over and over again. They love what the story is about and since there's a little bird doodoo involved it was an instant hit. I like how it shows the kids how much you can accomplish if you work together. It has a great ending as well. Everyone should get this book for their children. It's an excellent holiday gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flying high!, December 6, 2005
This review is from: Flight of the Dodo (Hardcover)
I loved this book! You can almost feel the birds' joy when they could finally fly. Perfect for kids and the kid in all us adults. The art is exquisite and the humor and wit is for all ages. I predict a brilliant future for this young author-artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very funny tale!, October 18, 2005
Kristen M. Nygren (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight of the Dodo (Hardcover)
I just read this book to my 5 year old twins, who had it recommended to them by their school librarian. We all enjoyed it immensely (although be forewarned there is a lot of poo humor and poo-related illustrations!) I thought the pictures were quite well-done: the birds are modernist but full of personality. I liked this as much as "Diary of a Worm", also a favorite of our family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story & illustrations!, November 7, 2005
This review is from: Flight of the Dodo (Hardcover)
I was first captivated by the illustrations in this book. Brown is a wonderful and detailed artist! The comical pictures add so much to this children's book. The story itself reveals the importance of persistence and teamwork. Way to go Peter Brown!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bird Poop is Hilarious!, December 5, 2005
Erik S. (Madison, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight of the Dodo (Hardcover)
A friend gave this book to my daughter for her birthday, but I think I enjoy it as much as she does. On the very first page a flightless bird (Penguin) gets pooped on by a flying bird (a Goose)...that was all I needed to know that I'd love this book. What a funny concept! My kids and I giggle constantly throughout the entire adventure. Anyone who wants to have a fun, silly time reading with their children should try "Flight of the Dodo." Oh, and I almost forgot to add that the art is absolutely incredible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brown Scores Direct Hit with Kids Humor, August 12, 2006
This review is from: Flight of the Dodo (Hardcover)
If you can't enjoy a little potty humor now and again, well, poo on you! I recently watched this book read to a crowd of kids ages 3-7 who were bent over with the giggles. Many of them had never been pooped on by a bird, but they were imagining the humiliation and ick factor with a great deal of glee. Underneath the humor is a well delivered message that revenge is not sweet--but cooperation is. The illustrations are FABULOUS! I cannot wait to see what Peter Brown drops on us next.

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny, both the story and the illustration, November 14, 2006
J. Wang (Alpharetta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight of the Dodo (Hardcover)
My 5-year-old son and I read this book together one night and we both laughed from the beginning to the end. The story was fresh and the drawing was detailed. We couldn't help read it one more time. Then my son read it with my wife. The next morning, he was reading it again while having his breakfast. A very nice book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, December 21, 2005
This review is from: Flight of the Dodo (Hardcover)
The illustrations are absolutely incredible. If you haven't flipped through this yet make it a point to get to your bookstore. I simply had to get one for my niece. I know she'll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Ducky... or Penguiny in this book!, July 25, 2006
This review is from: Flight of the Dodo (Hardcover)
Peter Brown is not just an amazing artist, he can tell a great story about a bunch of poop! The beautiful landscapes and fun birds really create the emotions as the story goes along. When birds are stuck high in the air and the storm clouds come it shows what true "friends" will do for one another and that in the end we can all learn from one another. I really look forward to Peter's next book and find it amazing anyone should not find this book charming, even with the underlying currents of poop! I hear there's a great interview with Peter about this book online at the WMPG radio site too!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Flight of the Dodo
Flight of the Dodo by Peter Brown (Paperback - September 7, 2010)
$6.99 $6.91