5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Where do I Even Begin??
Published on April 23, 2010 by Dana Mccue

3.0 out of 5 stars So so
Published on February 8, 2011 by Thomas D. Groesch

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Where do I Even Begin??, April 23, 2010
This review is from: Flight to Heaven: A Plane Crash...A Lone Survivor...A Journey to Heaven--and Back (Paperback)
Wow! Where do I even begin? The details of this book were so incredible that I felt as if I was on this journey as I read. This story has edified my faith that God is who He says He is and will do what He said He will do!! It enveloped me from beginning to end. I wanted to read slowly to grasp it all and yet I found myself reading it quickly as I couldn't wait to read what was going to happen next. For anyone who is searching for the truth about life and afterlife, this book is for you. It is a true, incredible, detailed encounter of God's ultimate love for His creation and the future plans He has for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Put it Down! Inspirational, Moving, recommended reading for anyone., April 27, 2010
I just finished reading Flight to Heaven. I have read many books about life after death, heaven and NDE. Flight to Heaven is the most amazing and descriptive recount of heaven I've ever read. Absolutely breathtaking. The book kept me on the edge of my seat from cover to cover. The story was very credible, inspirational and moving. I have so many people that I want to give this book to. I strongly encourage anyone searching to understand more about God and life hereafter to read this book. I have been greatly impacted by it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trip of a lifetime, June 5, 2010
UsMacs (South of the Mason Dixon line) - See all my reviews
As Dale shares his struggles, miracles and triumphs, it is evident that he gives all the Glory to
the Creator of Heaven and Earth; the Creator that gave His only Son Jesus Christ, for a lost world.

It is also evident that this "trip of a lifetime" on his Flight to Heaven,
altered his heart to an extent, that he felt God's love for the people of this world,
in a new and nearly unexplainable way.

Reading of the glorious aspects of Heaven was astonishing and there was a feeling of
having the experience with him, as the story unfolds.
Equally amazing were the miracles he experienced as
he received healing through his faith in God's power.

I would love for everyone I know to read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An experience like no other, July 12, 2010
A trained pilot...a plane crash....only one survivor. This is what Dale Black experience at the young age of 19. But that is not all he experienced. He experienced heaven, and this was an experience like no other.

I am glad that Dale shared his experience in this book and am glad he followed his grandfather's advice to live a life that reflects his heavenly experience, and not a life that capitalizes on his experience. I am also glad that Paule Black encouraged her husband to write down his experience after living a life of purpose. It wasn't just the experience of heaven that is amazing, but also the obedient life that Dale had lived.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the truths that Dale lived. He realized that his responsibility is not to provide the living water but to point the way to the well, "the well of Living Water that God offers each of us through a relationship with His Son, Jesus Christ." I pray that I can be like Dale and point the way to the well.

To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Bethany House has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

3.0 out of 5 stars So so, February 8, 2011
This book wasn't too bad, but, nothing too special on the description of what you and I are REALLY looking for when it comes to the description of Heaven. The story of the man in the crash goes on for a very long time, about 96 pages or so until he gets to the Heaven part, and its very short even when he gets to that, about 14 pages or so[both sides of the page]. After that he just keeps talking about his recovery. Bless the man for surviving the "unsurvivable crash", but, I got a better description of the afterlife and Heaven through website articles and youtube videos, honestly. I mean who are we kidding? You saw the title of the book and thought, "Fantastic, a whole book about Heaven!" [which is exactly what I thought] Sorry, but, definitely NOT the "best book on Heaven." Even though it's still awesome he had an experience with it that not everyone can have. Regardless, a VERY good [true] story of survival and spiritual growth in our beloved Christ.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scriptural Inspirational Story, July 11, 2010
Dan and Judy (Paducah, KY USA) - See all my reviews
I have read several books with people's testimonies who claim to have seen Heaven. Captain Black's experience is consistent with Scripture. His personal struggles and his sharing of how his faith grew is inspirational, and is again consistent with Scripture. I encourage anyone who loves to hear a good solid testimony, which encourages one to grow in their faith, to read this book.

Dan Tankersley, Co-Author of The Rain

5.0 out of 5 stars Flight To Heaven, July 22, 2010
At the age of 19 Capt. Dale Black was in a horrible plane crash in which he was the sole survivor.
He tells us of his out of body experience and trip to Heaven while hovering near death.
He doesn't just tell us about his Heavenly visit but also tells us of his tragedies and triumphs while on the road to healing. Even though the prognosis was grim he was determined to fly again. So putting his faith in God he eventually is able to achieve his dream once again.
This is an amazing story of faith, hope, and what God can do for us if we will only allow him. I highly recommend this book to anyone that wants a glimpse of Heaven and reassurance that God is real.
I was provided a copy of this book to review by Bethany House but in no way does it alter my opinion of this amazing book.

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't regret taking this Flight!, July 22, 2010
Flight to Heaven is Capt. Dale Black's captivating story about a terrible plane crash, an excruciating recovery, and a visit to heaven that changed his life and the lives of countless others.

The only survivor of a plane crash, Dale Black's injuries were extensive. In the emergency room, he took another flight---a flight to heaven that forever changed him. Capt. Black's description of the plane crash, his injuries, his recovery, his experience of heaven, and the changes in his life following that experience are riveting. After I started reading, I couldn't put it down!

I'll admit that I was skeptical at first. I wondered if this book was a "head in the clouds" book about a mystical experience that would leave me feeling like I had wasted my time. Flight to Heaven is neither of those things, and it is definitely NOT a waste of time. There are only a couple of chapters that describe Capt. Black's time in heaven and his experiences there, and they are coherent, realistic, and breathtaking. The rest of the book is an inspiring account of how Capt. Black's experience in heaven changed the entire course of his life. He emerged from the wreckage a different person, and many people have benefited from the work God did in His life.

If you're looking for an inspiring account of one man's struggle and God's tremendous love for him---for all of us---then Flight to Heaven is the book for you. Are you dealing with the death of a loved one or struggling to recover from a devastating injury or illness? Pick up a copy of Flight to Heaven for encouragement! Flight to Heaven has something to offer everyone!

Note: I received a free copy of Flight to Heaven from Bethany House Publishers for review purposes. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flight to Heaven Book Review, August 5, 2010
Captain Dale Black had an unforgettable and life changing experience forty years ago that he shares for the first time in his book Flight To Heaven. In 1969 Dale is an athletic young man going his own way with his dreams high in the sky to become a pilot. However, all of his plans were shockingly dashed when a routine flight ended in tragedy with two deaths and one survivor. Dale was that survivor. He was left with a broken body, but his spirit was forever changed. During his painful recovery, Dale experiences God in surprisingly new ways. Never in his life had he felt that he was in a love relationship with God and desired to do His will. Dale's true story takes you to heaven and back and with eternity in mind, Dale learned to live his life sold out for God.

I was completely riveted to Dale's story and finished the book within two days. I was amazed at how God took this prideful young man, stripped him of every worldly passion and gave him a deep desire to share God's love with others. Dale sees things on this earth differently because of his outer body experience during the coma he was in after the accident. I saw his courage and faith grow, but I also saw that he had very honest and heartfelt feelings that he shared with God. Go on this journey to heaven with Dale and your heart and mind will be changed too. I personally will thank Dale for having the peace from God to finally share his story so we can all grow in our faith. It is amazing!

1.0 out of 5 stars A BIG disappointment, December 18, 2013
This book is about 187 pages long; the author talks about Heaven in only 3 pages. The other 184 pages are all fillers, I thought this book was mostly about his experience in Heaven but it is not. He drags on and on with a lot of trivial information like what he had for breakfast one morning, This book is a BIG disappointment.

$14.99 $12.98