Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Flight to Heaven: A Plane Crash...A Lone Survivor...A Journey to Heaven--and Back
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 23, 2010
Wow! Where do I even begin? The details of this book were so incredible that I felt as if I was on this journey as I read. This story has edified my faith that God is who He says He is and will do what He said He will do!! It enveloped me from beginning to end. I wanted to read slowly to grasp it all and yet I found myself reading it quickly as I couldn't wait to read what was going to happen next. For anyone who is searching for the truth about life and afterlife, this book is for you. It is a true, incredible, detailed encounter of God's ultimate love for His creation and the future plans He has for you!
33 comments|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2010
As Dale shares his struggles, miracles and triumphs, it is evident that he gives all the Glory to
the Creator of Heaven and Earth; the Creator that gave His only Son Jesus Christ, for a lost world.

It is also evident that this "trip of a lifetime" on his Flight to Heaven,
altered his heart to an extent, that he felt God's love for the people of this world,
in a new and nearly unexplainable way.

Reading of the glorious aspects of Heaven was astonishing and there was a feeling of
having the experience with him, as the story unfolds.
Equally amazing were the miracles he experienced as
he received healing through his faith in God's power.

I would love for everyone I know to read this book.
on February 8, 2011
This book wasn't too bad, but, nothing too special on the description of what you and I are REALLY looking for when it comes to the description of Heaven. The story of the man in the crash goes on for a very long time, about 96 pages or so until he gets to the Heaven part, and its very short even when he gets to that, about 14 pages or so[both sides of the page]. After that he just keeps talking about his recovery. Bless the man for surviving the "unsurvivable crash", but, I got a better description of the afterlife and Heaven through website articles and youtube videos, honestly. I mean who are we kidding? You saw the title of the book and thought, "Fantastic, a whole book about Heaven!" [which is exactly what I thought] Sorry, but, definitely NOT the "best book on Heaven." Even though it's still awesome he had an experience with it that not everyone can have. Regardless, a VERY good [true] story of survival and spiritual growth in our beloved Christ.
44 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2011
Many faith-based books focus on heaven as their main theme. This story, in my opinion, seemed to star "The Captain" as its main character. I don't believe that was his intention, but the constant reference to his career status, his physical prowess, and his accomplishments both before and after the crash competed for the readers attention.

I don't doubt Captain Black's sincerity and vision. His faith had been set in place years before as far back as his grandparents. The crash tested it, and then reinforced his commitment. If you have the patience to read through the repetitious material, that fact becomes apparent.

Many of the obvious flaws with this book lie more with the editor than the author. The inability to stick to a main subject or theme, the endless redundancies, the general lack of cohesiveness lay at the foot of the editor. One example, did the reader really need a list of all the types of planes flown by Captain Black? A man with a multi-decade career flying that included TWA doesn't need more descriptive material to back up his credentials as a professional pilot. That seemed a bit braggadocio and lead the reader off topic.

Captain Black stepped out in faith to present his personal relationship with God. His story might be a great help to many in need who are looking for real inspiration. It is obvious, Captain Black's faith has real conviction. However, this book falls short of doing it justice.
on July 12, 2010
A trained pilot...a plane crash....only one survivor. This is what Dale Black experience at the young age of 19. But that is not all he experienced. He experienced heaven, and this was an experience like no other.

I am glad that Dale shared his experience in this book and am glad he followed his grandfather's advice to live a life that reflects his heavenly experience, and not a life that capitalizes on his experience. I am also glad that Paule Black encouraged her husband to write down his experience after living a life of purpose. It wasn't just the experience of heaven that is amazing, but also the obedient life that Dale had lived.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the truths that Dale lived. He realized that his responsibility is not to provide the living water but to point the way to the well, "the well of Living Water that God offers each of us through a relationship with His Son, Jesus Christ." I pray that I can be like Dale and point the way to the well.

To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Bethany House has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.
55 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2013
This book is about 187 pages long; the author talks about Heaven in only 3 pages. The other 184 pages are all fillers, I thought this book was mostly about his experience in Heaven but it is not. He drags on and on with a lot of trivial information like what he had for breakfast one morning, This book is a BIG disappointment.
on November 7, 2013
i could not finish this book!! for one thing, i thought a lot of the story was supposed to be about his NDE and that was only a few pages long, but he drags on until he even starts talking about that part, which to me is misleading because of the title!! so, for starters, i felt ripped off in my purchase. and its the same stuff i have read before about NDE and heaven. anyone could have written that just by reading other NDE books. it was more about bible thumping, jesus freaking, preaching and his EGO than anything else. its fine for everyone to have their religious preferences, but this was OVERBEARING and boring. there was a lot of repeated stuff about flying & aviation crap in there that were just used as 'fillers' in my opinion. he repeats many things that i got sick of reading about. bottom line: if i could have given it a big fat ZERO, i would have!! i HATED it and it was hardly at all about heaven.
on October 6, 2013
I would not recommend this book. It was a disappointment, as the experience in heaven was a minute part of the book, and it turned out to be mostly a braggy list of accomplishments by the author.
on July 11, 2010
I have read several books with people's testimonies who claim to have seen Heaven. Captain Black's experience is consistent with Scripture. His personal struggles and his sharing of how his faith grew is inspirational, and is again consistent with Scripture. I encourage anyone who loves to hear a good solid testimony, which encourages one to grow in their faith, to read this book.

Dan Tankersley, Co-Author of The Rain
on June 8, 2014
If your looking for a glimps of heaven this is not the book to buy. If your looking for a book about a guy and a plane crash this is the book for you. There was ONE page in this book about his visit to Heaven, which seemed to be added in after the fact and stupid. This book should be in the religious section as he preaches his born again Christianity throughout it.