Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 23, 2008
My 4 year old loves airplanes and is like a sponge when learning about them, soaking up all the information he can find. This book was a hit! Tons of information about airplanes, tons of pop-ups and tons of tabs to pull! If your little one likes planes, you can't go wrong with this book.
on January 28, 2008
My three-year-old little boy, who adores airplanes, absolutely loves this book. He is pretty good about being careful with the pop-ups. This book has an awesome cockpit page, with moveable levers which he loves. The runway page (shown in the photo) allows the plane to be gently pulled down the runway. I highly recommend this book for any kid over age three who loves airplanes. And the Train book is great too!
on December 11, 2007
This is a wonderfully detailed pop-up book, just not for young children who don't know not to grab at the pages. Well worth the money, especially for those with kids who enjoy airplanes.
on October 11, 2010
We gave this book to my 4 year old nephew. He loves it. I was concerned that it would not stand up to a boisterous 4 year old but once we showed him how to carefully pull the tabs and open the flips, he did just fine. He has been taught to respect his books so another 4 year old may not be as careful and might need more supervision.

He especially loved the cockpit instrument panel pop up. He looked thru the window openings while moving the thrust lever forward to take off. His imagination took him into outer space, he was bounced around by the pull of gravity and even an asteroid field. He played with the cockpit page for over a half hour before moving on to play with some of the other pages.

He was too excited about the pop ups, pull tabs and flip ups to sit down to have the book read to him but was interested and had a lot of questions that are answered in the text. It will be a great educational book for him as time goes on.
on April 10, 2010
My son is crazy about this book, more than any other he's ever had. He saw his friend's copy, and his eyes shone with love at first sight. When his own copy came in the mail, it was like Christmas. He reads it and insists on showing me all the cool details, and the pages are literally packed with creative sliding, turning, and folding pop-up coolness. His favorite part is the fold-out cockpit, he will fly it around the house voicing the air traffic controller in a scratchy radio voice, then respond in his pilot voice. This book is an absolute must for any aircraft-loving kid. I'm so glad I got it for him.
on November 5, 2009
I have purchase several 'pop-up' books for my grandchildren. I have been impressed by those done by Sabuda and Reinhart. This book has a good content. It has some great pop-ups, but mostly, there are objects meant to be pulled across the page through a slot (showing flight paths). My grandchildren thinks this is great even though I am not that impress. Nevertheless there are some great pop-up pages.
on September 7, 2015
We bought this book for our grandchild who lives in another state, so I did not see the book. Our daughter said that she did not think it was as good as the other books the children have in this series. We bought it used "as new" from a secondary vendor. She told us it was soiled, torn, and parts were missing; the boys (4 and 7) have similar books that are several years old that are in better condition. She did not give it to her 4-year-old and returned it. We did not re-order this title although the boys love reading and playing with the other books in the series.
on August 3, 2013
This gift was for Father's Day for my Dad, who suffers from a form of dementia disease. He doesn't read anymore because his attention span is so short and he can't remember what he read. He served in the Air Force as an aircraft mechanic and this book was the answer. The descriptions were short (a few lines or a paragraph) and the "pop-up" planes and airships were entertaining. He has gone back and looked at it many times.
on December 18, 2013
For any child that is amazed by things that fly, this book is awesome. It's the only one I could find with pop-up airplanes, and it is great, even better one I got to see it. I highly recommend this, my nephew will be very excited to have this!
on September 28, 2011
I wasn't wowed by the popups, but I think most children would love this book. It has so many tabs to slide, flaps to flip, and little interesting bits and illustrations that make up for the slightly above average popups.