4.0 out of 5 stars Plain-Jane packaging...Awesome music
The CD jewel case arrived cracked, but still shrink-wrapped. I was aware that this CD was made on demand through Amazon, but I was not aware that there were absolutely no lyrics printed inside, nor bio, credits or anything of interest. This was the plainest-Jane CD ever in terms of the packaging. For these reasons, I deduct a star.

As for the music, I couldn't...
Published 1 month ago by Ross A.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy the Physical CD from Amazon
Don't be deceived by the rating — this album is excellent musically, but if you order the physical CD from Amazon, you're getting shortchanged.

Published 8 months ago by Michael K Stidham

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy the Physical CD from Amazon, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Flight (Audio CD)

While different from their first record in that it lacks some of the heaviness and post-hardcore stylings, it's still a strong record. The catchy melodies that stuck in your head from "A Fire So Big The Heavens Can See It" have continued on this record. While the mixing and production quality may make it seem more poppy than their previous work, it's still an energetic rock album. It took a few listens to grow on me, but as I set aside my expectations I have come to value the record on it's own merit.

That said, if you want a physical copy, please buy it from their Bandcamp site instead. Amazon will sell you a physical CD, but the only original artwork it contains is a low-res version of the cover art inset on a generic paper textured background. If you value the experience of multi-panel artwork and liner notes with your CDs, you will not get that from Amazon. I feel like it's deceptive for them to sell this music physically—slapped into a boring, lifeless template with no indication that this is not the definitive packaged album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plain-Jane packaging...Awesome music, July 28, 2014
This review is from: Flight (Audio CD)

As for the music, I couldn't have asked for anything better. I bought this album after first hearing it online. I've enjoyed their music for years, and it never seems to get old. I don't regret buying this CD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad These Guys Are Back, November 18, 2013
This review is from: Flight (MP3 Music)
I like the new singer, he fits the band well. I don't think this is one of those albums I would listen to all the way through without skipping a track but there are definitely some gems on here and it's overall a good album.

5.0 out of 5 stars MADE MY YEAR!!!, September 26, 2013
This review is from: Flight (MP3 Music)
I was introduced to Search the City by a friend who gave me their first CD. I fell in love with their sound instantly and still listen to it years later because the lyrics are just so beautiful and artistic. I just found out today that this new CD exists and, even though I have never written any reviews before about anything, I knew I had to express my emotions for the world to see. I am so happy to see this band back. They deserve so much credit and should know how loved they are from Charlotte, North Carolina!

5.0 out of 5 stars Different is Good, September 18, 2013
This review is from: Flight (MP3 Music)
The current lineup of Search the City is quite different than it was so many years ago when they released "A Fire So Big..." In this case different is a good thing. Sometimes StC's new sound is better than their old sound, sometimes not so much. But overall "Flight" is still a spectacular album for anyone who enjoys some upbeat pop rock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what a pleasant surprise!, September 12, 2013
This review is from: Flight (MP3 Music)
I have to be honest, their first album was just okay. It had a few good songs but just didn't "wow" me.

This album packs the punch that was just missing a little from that first album. So glad these guys got back together if this is what we can expect from them.

Very polished. Very thorough. Just a really good album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Flight (MP3 Music)
I was so excited to hear that Search the City got back together, and they definitely did not disappoint. Flight is full of great songs (my favorite is "Get a Grip". Thank you Search the City for making such an amazing album!

Flight