Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Flintstones (Collector's Edition)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

on April 23, 2005
I thought this movie would be terrible,but when i saw it I loved it. It was very funny. I also like Rosie Odonnell as Betty. John Goodman was a good Fred,Elizibeth Perkins was a wonderful Wilma,and Rick Moranis was very good as Barney.But my favorite charactar is the dicta-bird.
on September 24, 2002
I have loved this movie since it first came to the theatre. I must have seen it at least twelve times in the theatres. After I watched the movie at the theatre I simply had to have the soundtrack. At the time I only bought cassettes, so I got the Flintstones cassette. Just yesterday, I bought the Flintstones soundtrack on CD. When the movie came out on VHS I bought it. I plan on buynig the DVD.
Rick Moranis is one of my all time favorite actors. He was a fantastic at playing Barney Rubble. Barney was always my favorite character.
A few years ago, when I went to Orlando, Florida I got to see the actual Flintstones car, and some of the other props from the film. Naturally, I had to have pictures taken of them.
If you haven't seen this film I suggest going to your local Blockbuster and renting it. You won't be disapointed.
on May 22, 2009
This is what you'd call a "cute" movie, the cuteness mainly being the funny takeoff on objects, such as regular household appliances, that you see in here caveman-era-style. Most of those are prehistorical creatures having to perform the tasks of cleaning, but they are clever and funny to watch. In fact, there are so many of them it's tough to catch all of them. It would take a number of viewing to fully appreciate all the visuals in here.

When I first saw this, I expected a really stupid movie. I had enjoyed but not been a big fan of the animated "Flintsones" series on TV, and thought this would be more of the same except with real actors. Actually, it was much better and had a surprisingly good cast for such a lightweight cartoon comedy.

I mean, who would expect a big star like Elizabeth Taylor to be in this movie? She had the funniest lines, too, I thought. Her put-downs of poor "Fred" (the rotund John Goodman is perfectly cast) included lines such as, "the only good thing you provide for my daughter is shade." This is quite an eclectic cast with the likes of Taylor, Goodman, Rick Moranis, Rosie O'Donnell, Elizabeth Perkins, Kyle MacLaughlan and Halle Berry.
on April 9, 2011
What can be said about a live-action cartoon that features Elizabeth Taylor, Johnathan Winters and the B(C)-52s? Only this: Yabba Dabba Do!

This delightfully stupid and silly expression of the hit cartoon from the early '60s is particularly well cast regarding Fred and Barney. After all, lovable big lunk John Goodman and SCTV great Rick Moranis look remarkably like their respective characters even before makeup. (If only Moranis could have worn contacts to give him Little Orphan Annie pupil-free eyes. Oh well.)

There's no shortage of stone-age versions of modern conveniences, and lines such as passengers on an in-flight pterdactyl being told, "And the Grand Canyon will be on your right ... in about 15,000,000 years." Elizabeth Taylor's best line is likely (speaking in disapproval to her daughter Wilma), "And when I think of all the sacrifices your father made for you - goats, oxen. Your brother Jerry."

The movie starts and ends just like the cartoon did, with the upbeat theme song in tact (BTW, have you ever noticed that the Flintstones theme and the Jetsons theme are completely interchangeable? Try it.) The movie-within-a-movie twist actually added some kind of existential everyman something or other to the story. Maybe. Could be, anyway.

A welcome diversion from way too cool.
on March 1, 2014
I remembered watching this in a hotel the first time and only caught the first half. Love it! Goodman is Flintstone, he yabba dabba do-did that role very well. I thought it was cute, a great rendition from the original cartoon. I thought it was cute! If anyone likes cartoon-realistic films like the Mask, Batman, I reccomend it!
VINE VOICEon August 15, 2013
Films like `The Flintstones' are complete conundrums. Their purpose is solely to strike at the nostalgic bones in our bodies and give us that satisfactory taste of yesteryear while simultaneously bringing those yesteryears to a new generation by making drastic changes to the base material, giving it a modern edge and attracting our children. They don't always work, and even when they do work they don't ever truly work completely. Sadly, more often than not these films wind up being giant disasters (look at `Yogi Bear') but every once in a while a film that somewhat `gets it' comes around and changes all of that.

`The Flintstones' kind of gets it.

No, this is not perfect. In fact, the broad humor here is rather stilted upon repeat viewings and doesn't really lend itself to being watched over and over again, especially if you are in the double digits, but a rare viewing here and there cements this as entertaining. The best thing about `The Flintstones' has nothing to do with the tired plot (seriously, could they not think of anything original here) but in the beautifully recreated sets. The shift from animation to live action has a truly exceptional lift here, with every clever aspect of stone age life given a new life. The dinosaurs are fun and playful and the central performances from the inspired cast (seriously, Goodman is the perfect choice if there ever was one), not to mention Halle Berry's burst onto the screen in those delicious costumes and you have a film that may not be a total winner, but one that you won't be ashamed to enjoy from time to time.
on January 1, 2016
Fun comedy for the whole family. I've enjoyed this movie ever since I saw it in the theater when I was just a kid, and I enjoy just as much if not more now that I'm an adult. John Goodman and Rick Moranis are great in their roles as Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble.
on July 12, 2013
This is bringing the cartoon to real life... a lot of work went into it.... it is well worth the time to watch.... so unusual, so heart warming, so funny, so laughable, and so strange at times i find myself saying whats next to happen... Watch it and see! Cool!
on April 15, 2011
I love this movie. John Goodman is one of my favorite actors, both he and Rick Moranis are a hoot. This is just a fun movie and one of the TV show revivals that actually worked. The Brian Levant productions always seem to be a smash.
on May 28, 2014
Our kids (9,7 and 4) have been to the Flintstones Bedrock City in South Dakota and loved it! They didn't know the Flintstones before the visit, but they really enjoyed this movie after having that experience.