Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Flip Mino Video Camera - White, 2 GB, 1 Hour (1st ..." and save 77% off the $149.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Flip Mino Video Camera - White, 2 GB, 1 Hour (1st Generation)
- Pocket-sized camcorder; Flat back panel with touch-sensitive buttons; 1.5-inch color LCD screen
- 2 GB of on-board flash memory--records up to 60 minutes of video; 2x digital zoom
- Internal Lithium-ion battery recharges when built-in USB arm is connected to a computer
- Connects to TV for instant viewing
- Built-in software lets you easily edit video files and upload them to video sharing sites
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||3.94 x 1.97 x 0.63 inches|
|Item Weight||0.21 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||4.3 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Weight||50 grams|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||5.6 MP|
|Shipping Weight||0.45 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)|
|Video Capture Format|
|Video Capture Resolution||640 x 480 pixels|
From the Manufacturer
Flip Mino: The Power of Self Expression
Flip Mino provides you the power of self-expression, enabling you to shoot and share your stories with the world.
- Super-slim Mino is the sleekest camcorder you can get
- Super-simple user interface features one-touch recording and digital zoom
- Holds 60 minutes of full-VGA-quality video on 2GB of built-in memory; no tapes or additional memory cards required
- Convenient flip-out USB arm plugs directly into your computer to launch built-in FlipShare software
- Built-in FlipShareTM software lets you easily email videos, edit individual clips, make custom movies, capture still photos from video, and even upload video to sharing sites like YouTube and MySpace
- FlipShare’s advanced compression technology allows for quick and easy sharing of high-quality video in compact-sized files (via email or publishing online)
- Internal Li-ion battery recharges through built-in USB arm while you’re plugged into your computer
- Produces incredible, full-VGA-quality videos that look crisp and clear when played back on a TV (TV connector cable included)
- Features a flat-back panel with touch-sensitive backlit buttons
- Instant playback, pause, fast forward, rewind, zoom, and delete functions
Sleek, Simple, & Portable
The super-simple, super-portable Flip Mino makes it easy to capture and share high-quality video anywhere and everywhere. Mino weighs only 3.3 ounces and features a sleek, pocket-sized design, allowing you to take it with you everywhere you go. Mino also boasts a rechargeable battery that powers up automatically while plugged into your computer. And while Mino is 40 percent smaller than its already-pocket-sized brother, the Flip Ultra, it’s got all the Flip Video features--simple user interface, one-touch recording, flip-out USB arm, built-in editing and sharing software, instant uploads to YouTube and MySpace--that folks have come to know and love.
The Power of Video in Your Pocket
Flip Mino puts the power of video in your pocket. Weighing just over 3 ounces and featuring a super-slim, super-sleek design, Mino barely makes a dent in even the tightest of jeans. Mino’s small size is complemented by an interface that’s incredibly easy to use. Simply power on and press record--you’ll be capturing video in seconds. With a camcorder this small and sleek, there's no limit to where you can take it and what you'll end up shooting. Whether you’re creating a short film to enter in your favorite festival or just capturing footage of a hot new band, Mino makes it easy because it's always with you and always ready to go.
While small in size, Flip Mino produces video that is unbelievably high in quality. Its 2 GB of on-board flash memory records up to 60 minutes of full-VGA-quality video that looks sharp when played back on your laptop or television (TV cable included). The built-in microphone captures crisp, detailed audio, whether you're paddling down the Amazon or rockin' out at your favorite club. When it’s time to edit or share videos from your latest excursion, flip out the USB arm and connect to any Mac or PC to launch the built-in FlipShare software.
Built-in FlipShare Software
Mino comes pre-loaded withFlipShare software, which makes it easy to organize, create and share your videos:
- Organize your videos. Drag and drop your videos into folders you've created, or use the automatic date-stamped folders.
- Create custom movies. Make movies featuring your favorite video clips, and add your own music to provide a more personal touch.
- Capture still-image snapshots. Use enhanced freeze-frame capabilities to grab a snapshot from any of the thirty frames that comprise each second of your video.
- Share privately. Send videos to your friends and family using attachment-free emails. Or create private Flip Channels to share your videos with specific groups of friends and family.
- Share with the world. Publish your videos directly to Facebook, YouTube and other sites, all with the click of a button.
Recommended Companion Products and Accessories:
This compact adapter's USB port connects to your Flip camcorder's USB arm.
|FlipShare TV |
FlipShare TV offers the ultimate home movie experience by making it easy to watch your entire Flip Video library wirelessly on your TV or HDTV.
|The tripod screws into your Flip, and flexible legs let you take steady video almost anywhere.||Connect your Flip camcorder to any computer, even those with hard-to-reach USB ports.|
What's in the box:
- Flip Mino Camcorder, with built-in FlipShare software
- TV connector cable
- Wrist strap
- Soft carrying case
- Quick start guide
- Product registration
Color: White | Style: w/out Adapter
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
As far as I can tell, the video quality and functionality is about the same as the Ultra and they both have the 2GB of memory, similar 1.5" screen size, digital zoom etc. So the only reason in my mind to get this is for the size advantage. But for me, size does matter. When I think about how many moments passed by unrecorded simply because it was too cumbersome to take a camcorder along, it really makes me wish they made this Mino years ago!
For those of you unfamiliar with Flip camcorders, the Mino has suprisingly good VGA video quality. I'd put it on par with that of much larger, more expensive traditional camcorders. The Mino also records well in a variety of light settings. The lack of a true optical zoom is probably to be expected given the small size, but the 2x digital zoom is good enough for most casual settings. The design is well thought out to avoid many of the classic pitfalls of portable devices - there's a scratch resistant covering on the lens, an on/off switch on the side that is difficult to trip accidentally and a centrally located record button that has enough resistance to avoid unintentionally starting/stopping recording (I know some have issues with the Ultra record button but I have not).Read more ›
1. The software that comes with the Flip Video Mino does NOT allow you to stitch multiple clips together to make one movie. Only Windows users can do this.
2. I was able to get the Flip Video Mino AVI videos to play in iMovie '08, but not export. When you export the video you get a blank screen with only audio. I had better luck exporting the video from Final Cut Pro.
3. In case you are interested, the codec that Flip Video Mino uses is the 3ivx codec.
There are workarounds for the above issues, but it would have been nice if there was a way to combine clips into one movie right out of the box. Hopefully this will be possible in the future with a software update.
Other then those concerns, its a great product so far and the video quality from the raw AVI file is really impressive.
I found a site called motionbox that will let you upload the raw AVI files that the Flip Video Mino creates and once uploaded you can do some basic editing and combine multiple movies into one. Doing it this way gives you a much higher quality video then what you get on sites like YouTube.
The Flip Mino does not neccessarily replace the Flip Ultra and the Flip Ultra is being sold side by side with the Flip Mino. And, the Flip Mino doesn't come in as many colors, only a black version and a white version.
I would say If you already have a Flip Ultra, you may not want or need to buy the Flip Mino (unless you really want the smaller form factor or you have money to burn) since it yields about the same video and audio quality. If you don't own a Flip video camera yet, the Flip Mino is probably the one to get unless you require AA batteries which admittedly is nice because they are readily available everywhere. I actually prefer AA batteries over an internal rechargeable battery that over a few years will start to lose it's charge and not last as long between charges.
That said, the Flip Mino is pretty nice because it's so small and thin.
Even though I have a digital point and shoot still camera that can shoot video, I find it easier to shoot video with the Flip Mino. The vertical form factor is better suited to shooting video. The built in software is nice and it's built into the camera so you need not install anything on your computer.
The Flip Mino is a great 'take everywhere' video camera that fits in your pocket and can yield some creative and endearing videos.
Good video quality. The video quality is surprisingly good, even indoors. I have one of those first-generation consumer digital video cameras (a Sony Mini-DV) that cost $1200 way back when. The resolution of 640-by-480 is the same, and I don't see any difference in the pixel quality between that and my expensive camcorder. Of course the Mino doesn't have all the same features, but it turns out you don't use those features anyway. The picture quality is definitely way better than I get on my cellphone (a Blackberry) or other devices where video recording capability is only an afterthought.
No accessories needed. I love how you can charge and exchange data by USB. I'm not talking about using a separate USB cable. The Mino has a spring-loaded USB plug that pops out so you can plug it in directly to your computer. And when you're done using it, you push the plug down and a hard plastic cover protects it automatically. This is way smarter than those fiddly rubber port covers you see on many electronic devices that you have to push and stretch back into place. This cover hides the USB plug while preserving the clean lines of the device. No extra cables or chargers to carry around when you travel.
Stable picture. I was surprised at how un-shaky the picture is. The narrow, vertical form-factor allows you to hold the Mino steadier than, say, your cellphone. I used to use my digital still camera to take videos, but I'm finding the Mino is much steadier.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Camera was advertised as "works perfect", when I received the item it would not charge. Therefore it was useless, I returned the item immediately.Published 5 months ago by Joseph chirik
I had 2 previous version of this camera and it worked well. This one does not. The display is tempermental.Published 9 months ago
This is a fun little camcorder. Easy to operate. Connecting the camcorder to the computer is a cinch. You can view or do some simple editing on the Flip software. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Dang Huynh
We have gotten many hours of enjoyment from this handy little thing.Published 12 months ago by frenchy