Questions & Answers
Flip Ultra Video Camera - White, 4 GB, 2 Hours (2nd Generation)
by Flip Video
4.2 out of 5 stars (611)
Used & New from: $49.25
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 32 questions
votes
i personally don't see any point of needing an HD capable video camera for home videos, so i choose to go with the non-HD version. the HD version will take up twice as much hard drive space for the same length of video. HD video will also take longer to upload to online sites such as youtube. imo, you have to determine what your uses will be, and whether or not having high definition video capability for those uses is important to you.
Sep 23, 2010 by dynamitejr
votes
the Flip Mino HD has a lot of problems connecting with the Macs. Has anyone had a trouble connecting the usb on the Ultra?
Dec 28, 2009 by D. Moore
votes
You will need a laptop with you to off load the videos from the camcorder. And the videos by default are in MP4 format, which is already a compressed format. Saving videos directly onto your laptop (drag and drop from the camcorder) wouldn't degrade the video quality. For the flip mino, yes, or you may buy an AC-USB power adaptor. For the flip ultra, you can simply swap in a new pair of AA batteries.
May 14, 2009 by Ray Wong
votes
The video and the mic quality have improved significantly since the old Cisco Flip cameras. These work just like the old ones, just with some improvements to the quality of the product.
Jun 9, 2014 by Misty
votes
i think it's in the recording time. the flip ultra,( which i have but lens broke and i'm buying a 2nd generation now) holds up to 60 minutes of video and the 2nd. gen. is 4gb and holds up to 120 minutes. there is also a 8gb that holds the same amount of video but has better screen resolution. read the reviews as i've found lots of good info. and will be buying the 4gb one on ebay, where they are much less expensive. i'd opt for the 2nd gen or any newer model as flip is always on the improve. i think i read that the 2nd gen comes with a pause button. hope i've helped.
Aug 4, 2010 by Si N Teecher
votes
Try www.videolan.org It will work for you
Jan 6, 2010 by J. Green
votes
You also have to really think if you want to deal with HD files. They will be much much larger to save and backup. If you really want to watch the HD movies on the computer or on a HD TV set then go with the HD version. If you don't really need the HD resolution or will just be uploading movies online you may not need the extra resolution from the HD version. Just some things to keep in mind.
Dec 10, 2009 by JeffrySG
votes
I have the white glossy plastic and my parents have the rubbery black. By far, the black is better. IMO, The black finish looks much more sleek and feels higher end when in the hand. Most importantly, the white plastic looks awful now after 3 months of very light use because I've used the included flip drawstring storage bag, which is black, and it left permanent black, smudged "rubbing" marks on the white plastic where the black bag made contact with the white plastic.
Nov 29, 2009 by PLG
votes
The zoom here is digital zoom not optical zoom so going much over 2x is pretty useless as quality plummets quickly. The Flip is the only camera Id recommend but the zoom is not too useful. Zooming in and out on any of the cameras is going to be rough and shaky at best. Cameras like this are super easy to operate and give fantastic results. Id say stick with flip and go ultra then if its not your bag resell it as theres a hungry market to buy from you. I have used flip for most all the videos at 90secondsuccess and will be buying another one any day now. Hope this helps. rb
Sep 10, 2009 by M. R. Barnes
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers