Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Flip Video Power Adapter
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on October 5, 2009
Adapter caused the camera to "over heat" or stop charging.
However, my main concern is, why bother to get this gadget at all?
Charge with a usb connection when you can and, when no usb port is available, just use regular AA batteries!
Adapters, over-heating, errors, possible damage, another country......it ain't worth it.
11 comment|137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2010
I only received this item because it was free with the purchase of the Flip video camera. As soon as I took it out of the box, I was grateful that I didn't pay anything for it. It gets the job done, but it's pretty awkward to plug in and have the camera propped up precariously against the charger so that the whole unit will stay in the wall (and subsequently charge). I've heard that it's better for these types of devices to be plugged into an outlet, rather than charging them through the computer's USB port, so I suppose it's useful for that... but it's just an adapter with a USB port, which means that the wall charger for my iPod and iPhone will get the job done just as well.

I would not pay $25 for this item. In fact, if given the chance, I would probably choose a different free accessory. If you're anything like me, you don't need this, and you'll only be irritated that you got it.
33 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2009
Adapter constantly says over heating causing the adapter to take a lot longer to charge. Same thing happens when using the usb on the computer to charge.
on December 31, 2013
This is handy for when you don't want to plug your Flip into your computer, BUT the pivot on the actual prongs makes this very difficult to plug in and stay in. It doesn't always sit right, and I have to mess with it to get it to charge sometimes.
on February 15, 2010
We bought this adapter to use with our son's new Flip Video recorder. The problem is that the power adapter is useless without the specific battery that you also have to buy. Of course the website didn't say anything about buying a battery too when we bought everything.
This product is just the part that plugs into the camera and the outlet. For the money I feel it is a waste. I better solution is to buy a more common recharging system, like Energizer's, that you could not only use for the Flip, but also for anything else in your home that requires AA batteries. In fact, the Energizer system will charge other size batteries, all for less money then the Flip system. To me it's easy. Stay away from the Flip charging system, and get a more common, less costly, and more versital, Energizer (or something like it) system.
I will give Amazon a lot of credit. They not only paid for my shipping back, but refunded my money for the purchase, so I was not out any funds. They did this because the ad was somewhat misleading, and that is why they paid for the shipping back. That's good, responsible business. Thumbs up Amazon. Thank You.
Bert M.
Loudonville, Ohio
on September 1, 2010
I have about 5 of these types of USB chargers laying around my house from iPods, droids, and other tech that has jumped on the USB charging craze. The kindle has the same type of charger as well. This thing feels like it's going to snap in two when you hold it in your hand. It's made from the cheapest plastic available and forget trying to use it on a wall outlet. You have to turn it upside-down and let the Flip sit on top of it but even then it looks like it's going to peel from the wall or break. This is only useful if you have an additional USB extention cord which I highly recommend getting with the flip cam anyway. You can buy them here on amazon and they're super cheap: USB 2.0 Extension Cable Type A Male to Type A Female 6 ft, Black The price is outragous for what you're getting. Even at a discount I am not satisfied with this mediocre, poorly-thought-out charger.
on December 1, 2013
Works just like any standard USB charger...after a while mine doesnt work anymore. Unfortunately Cisco discontinued the production of Flup video because of the quality of videos now available in smart phones...was a solid camera though
on August 23, 2009
I got it and have used it a few times. It doesn't stay in the sockets really tight which makes me fear that it's going to fall out with my Flip attached. It also makes my flip hang funny and I'm afraid the flip will detach accidentally. It' hasn't happened yet, but it makes me worry. It works though!
on November 15, 2010
After a few charges, it completely stopped working. I first thought it was my flipcam, but then realized it charged fine with my laptop.
They immediately sent me a new one which I just got, and I am just waiting for it to die.

I don't recommend buying this.
on May 31, 2010
I lost the opportunity of some great photos in Hawaii. The adapter for the Flip Ultra HD Camcorder did not charge the camera and I was unable to get more than 30 seconds worth of video from each charge. I recommend that no one purchases this product because I have learned that other people have the same problem as I had.