Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Flip Video Power Adapter
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Price:$5.95+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on October 5, 2009
Adapter caused the camera to "over heat" or stop charging.
However, my main concern is, why bother to get this gadget at all?
Charge with a usb connection when you can and, when no usb port is available, just use regular AA batteries!
Adapters, over-heating, errors, possible damage, another country......it ain't worth it.
11 comment|137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2009
The Power adapter puts to much charging power into the battery pack and over heats the pack and causes a shut down of the camera. The best bet is to buy a second battery pack and charge it through the USB port.
66 comments|149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I realized soon after getting my flip HD that I can find so much to shoot that I burn up a battery pack and need to recharge it and that sometimes it's most convenient to recharge it via a wall outlet rather than a computer. Here are some examples,,,

We went on a week long cruise and I had no computer access but I could recharge with this because there were electrical outlets everywhere.

I was shooting a wedding reception for a friend and forgot to recharge before leaving but by the time the wedding was over I grabbed my fully charged unit where I plugged it into the church wall behind a table and I was ready to shoot the full reception without losing any power.

We went to Myrtle Beach and stayed in a friend's condo. No computer there to recharge but I just popped in my camcorder at night before going to sleep and it was always ready to shoot in the morning.

I have even found outlets at the airport (near soda fountains and vending machines) in a pinch.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that my camera runs out of juice easily, it is, instead, that the cameras owner forgets to recharge it as often as I should.

Negatives: Wish this was made so I could just stick my spare battery pack into it rather than having to plug the actual camcorder into it but I suppose most don't have spare battery packs so that is no big deal. However it would be nice if it somehow left open the option to do both so that I could keep shooting while it charges

it is really lightweight and has,so far, worked perfectly for me.
on January 7, 2010
I only received this item because it was free with the purchase of the Flip video camera. As soon as I took it out of the box, I was grateful that I didn't pay anything for it. It gets the job done, but it's pretty awkward to plug in and have the camera propped up precariously against the charger so that the whole unit will stay in the wall (and subsequently charge). I've heard that it's better for these types of devices to be plugged into an outlet, rather than charging them through the computer's USB port, so I suppose it's useful for that... but it's just an adapter with a USB port, which means that the wall charger for my iPod and iPhone will get the job done just as well.

I would not pay $25 for this item. In fact, if given the chance, I would probably choose a different free accessory. If you're anything like me, you don't need this, and you'll only be irritated that you got it.
33 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2010
The description provided by Amazon says "Compatible with the following models out of the box: M31120B, M3160S, U32120 models, M2120M, U2120 models" My model is U32120. However, that model is not listed on the box and this device does not support third generation Flip.
on November 13, 2010
I tried this for a trip I was going. I plugged my camera in and within 10 minutes the camera overheated and shut off. I tried taking off the cover which was suggested by another review. Again, I had the same problem. I rarly write reviews, but this was so bad I fealt I had to.
on September 23, 2009
Adapter constantly says over heating causing the adapter to take a lot longer to charge. Same thing happens when using the usb on the computer to charge.
on September 10, 2009
I use this with the rechargeable batts. Love it. Does not get really hot like other plugs might. The flip kinda hangs there and looks like it will fall - so I just prop a book under the flip when using on a wall outlet. Works fine on a power strip without propping. LOVE IT!! I own 2 flips and this plus the rechargeable batteries are awesome!!! The other thing I like is I can throw this in my purse and go - no cords.
on September 14, 2011
I have not received this charger yet but I have ordered along with an extra battery. I emailed Flip and got the technical specs for it because I wanted to know if it will work overseas with 220 volts and it does. So I thought I would pass this information along.

Power Adapter specs:

Specifications:

·100V -- 240V (90VAC ~260VAC)
·47Hz/63Hz
·Output: DC 5V
.Output Current Range 0 ~ 1A (Max)
.Height: 2.32-inches (59 mm) , Width: 1.88-inches (48 mm), Depth: 0.7-inches (18 mm)
.Weight (without packaging): 1.48 oz (42g)
on December 15, 2009
this product would be better if you could just insert the battery in a holder and plug it into the wall. with this setup you have to plug the camera into the wall. which can cause problems trying to charge up outside of the house. who wants to leave your new flip dangling from a wall socket. poor design from a great camera.