Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:49 Mins
Published on April 3, 2008 by O. Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Cool looking but it's not really useful
Published on August 30, 2008 by Steve M. Willinger

5.0 out of 5 stars "Gotta-Have" Accessory for Flip Ultra Camcorder---Get This Tripod!, April 3, 2008
Length:: 1:49 Mins

*****
This tripod is the perfect accessory to the Flip Ultra Video Camcorder. I only wish I had ordered it sooner. It is an incredible value and greatly expands how you can use your camcorder. On this video, which is less than two minutes, I show you the tripod and how it can attach to various items. Then I let you see it work in action as I use a tripod for the first time. It will especially appeal to novice vloggers (like me) because it is so very easy to use!
*****

UPDATE: 7/17/08: This tripod also works with the new Flip Mino---YAY!

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy the same thing for cheaper, March 25, 2008
T. Tom (SF Bay Area, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Flip Video Tripod (Camera)
This is a good tripod for the Flip Ultra, but why not buy either of these two instead? They are a lot less money and is pretty much exactly the same thing!:
Vanguard VS41 Flexible MiniTripod
Sunpak 620-786 Mini-Spider Tripod

Really the only difference is the Vanguard model doesn't come with the different color feet and it doesn't say 'Flip'.

Or you could get the Gorilla Pod:
Joby GP1-01EN Gorillapod Flexible Tripod (Grey)

which is a bit more versatile in that you can attach it to a pole or edge of a chair, etc.

A mini tripod really makes it easier to do videos since you can put it almost anywhere yet still get your Flip Ultra level. It also provides more stability to better prevent it from toppling over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, Flexible Accessory, October 23, 2007
This review is from: Flip Video Tripod (Camera)
You can't own a Flip Video (or any camera) without this nifty, lightweight tripod. It's a sturdy metal tripod that weighs about 12 ounces. The interchangeable rubber tips are a cool idea, but not really necessary unless you are a total "mix 'n match' freak. The legs are really flexible, which means you can mount this on just about any uneven surface. It would have been nice if they included a clip for vertical surfaces, but hey, for the price, it's a steal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why it's worth a few extra bucks and something else to get in addition this, April 24, 2010
This review is from: Flip Video Tripod (Camera)
Having a tripod with any model Flip is a great idea. There are several kinds available, some costing far less (like the Sunpak 620-786 Mini-Spider Tripod) and some costing a bit more (Joby GP1-D1EN Gorillapod Flexible Tripod (Grey)). I like this best. The less expensive ones I've seen all have a terrible smell. The odor is a cross between oil and burning plastic and it doesn't go away. Better still is it gets on whatever touches the tripod. The Joby is OK but it doesn't look as good on a Flip camera, the mounting plate sticks out a bit. By contrast, this tripod looks, works, and smells just fine.

A handy accessory to whatever tripod you choose is something that will help you level the camera. That avoids having people leaning to one side in your video. The Opteka Hot Shoe Two Axis Double Bubble Spirit Level for Digital and Film Cameras will help you solve that problem. All you do is set it on top of the camera and adjust where it (the camera) is pointing until the two bubbles are between the lines. (And when you're not shooting videos it's a handy way to make sure pictures hanging on your wall aren't crooked.)

BTW, I feel that honest, effective reviews take the place of first-hand experiences that are lacking in online shopping. I've always appreciated the help I've gotten from other reviewers and continue to return the favor as best as I can. If you thought this review was helpful please let me know by clicking on "Yes" button where it asks. If there was anything you thought was lacking or unclear leave a comment and I'll do what I can to fix it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cool looking but it's not really useful, August 30, 2008
This review is from: Flip Video Tripod (Camera)
I thought this was a good idea when I first checked it out but now that I have used it, I see my purchase was a mistake. I went online to check out alternative tripods and bought a small aluminum frame tripod that proved to be a very effective soulution. The specific issues were the weight of the Flip Cam would cause the tripod to easily become unbalanced and fall over...also, it's too short, not enough height to be of any real value. I would suggest that the manufacturer of the Flip ATR1B increase its height about 3-4 inches more which might make it more stable and increase the height so that you didn't have to set it on top of books or something to get a good self-video while at your desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little extra for the Flip Ultra., January 13, 2008
This review is from: Flip Video Tripod (Camera)
We picked up the Flip camcorder for my daughter Jessica Mellott, who is a pop singer. She wanted something simple to use to make videos for her Myspace and Youtube. The Flip is super easy, just press and record. To make it even easier we picked up the Flip Tripod accessory.

The tripod is small about 5 inches long and about 1/2 inch wide when closed. Opened it boasts flexible legs that bend to help you position the Flip so its easier to record yourself. The top screws easily into the tripod hole on the bottom of the Flip camcorder. Note the Flip tripod fits the bottom of the Flip Ultra camcorder only. There is no hole for the tripod in the regular Flip.

The tripod is packaged with black padded "feet" so it will not scratch your furniture. Included with the tripod are 4 sets of extra "feet" in hot pink, orange, white and yellow to match the different colors the Flip Ultra comes in.

With the help of the tripod, recording with the Flip is even easier and replaces an unsteady hand and makes adjusting the position of the camcorder more flexible.

A great little gadget for your Ultra Flip!

Lee Mellott

2.0 out of 5 stars Defective - thread length too long., November 24, 2008
Bruce (Redmond, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flip Video Tripod (Camera)
The tripod with flex legs is a nice design. However the threaded section that screws into the camera body is too long.

This does not allow the base of the camera to pull down flat against the top surface of the tripod the way it should. I have tried to resolve this matter directly with Flip but they have not been helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended for kids, April 27, 2008
This review is from: Flip Video Tripod (Camera)
Purchased rather on a whim along with my Flip camera and am grateful I did. The mechanics are very simple and user-friendly, and my girls like the interchangeable tips. I agree with an earlier reviewer that the packaging was a bit excessive. I purchased the Flip intending for it to get a lot of young use around our house, and it has. The children make delightful, spontaneous videos, but their camera work can be dizzying. When they use the tripod, their videos are infinitely more viewable by adults.

I think a necessary addition for young users.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pain in the butt to set the camera angle right on this tripod, June 14, 2009
This review is from: Flip Video Tripod (Camera)
Though it is quick to attach and detach from the camera, it takes a long time to set your camera at the angle you want it using this tripod. Almost all tripods allow you to attach the camera, set up the legs, and then quickly and precisely point the camera and lock a mechanism at the top of the tripod in place. Not this tripod. To set the angle of the camera on this, you have to pick it up, re-bend the legs a little, put it down again, watch the legs bend slightly under the weight of the camera (even a very light camera like the Flip), pick it up, bend the legs a little more or less, over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful litlle tripod, March 25, 2009
This review is from: Flip Video Tripod (Camera)
Well I recieved my tripod from amazon in the mail yesterday and have spent some time with it,here are my thoughts.

pros:lightweight,well built and helpfull for very steady shots

cons:the rubber feet are a hassal to get on,can't tilt the camera

Well overall this is one of the most simple tripods i've ever used.The legs are made outta metal,which means it wont break easy.

So far Ihave used this for my youtube channel to increase the quality of my angles and its working very well for me.

overall if your a flip video camcorder owner and need the best buget tripod you can afford look no further

Flip Video Tripod