5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flip accessory
If you want to be gentle with the USB port on your Flip, purchase these USB cables, which will probably also save possible damage to the USB port, since on all computers, the flip is not going to lay flat when plugged in.
Published on November 16, 2009 by Lynnette Stevens

2.0 out of 5 stars Way to pricey, unless you have $25 laying around
Colorful, yet expensive. You could easily find a USB extender at Walmart for like $3 and it will work the same. Although, these are pretty.
Published on December 30, 2009 by None

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flip accessory, November 16, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Very colorful USB extension cables, November 26, 2009
This review is from: Flip Video USB Cables (Camera)
First of all, I bought these at Kmart on clearance for only $3. These are just a standard USB extension cable so there are cheaper options out there besides this package.

That said, they work fine. I'm using them as an extension for a printer that has a "just too short" cable and on some of my desktop computers so I can plug things into the back USB ports without having to move the computer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Way to pricey, unless you have $25 laying around, December 30, 2009
This review is from: Flip Video USB Cables (Camera)

1.0 out of 5 stars If you're on the fence about buying, read this first!, April 30, 2010
This review is from: Flip Video USB Cables (Camera)
When considering purchasing these cables, I saw that the reviews were mixed, with some people saying they fit and a lot saying they don't. That put me in a bind because I really wanted to buy them because of the colors, but not if they are poorly made. I figured a net cost of $5 per cable wasn't a bad investment. Hoping the cables were improved and the Gen 2 Mino would fare better, I took a chance and I bought them. Big mistake. I tried them on the Flip Mino Gen 2 and it was too tight a fit. I refused to force the Flip's connector into the female end, so I decided to try a USB thumb drive instead. It took some serious muscle to finally jam the drive into the connector. I immediately realized there is no way I'm going to exert that much pressure on the Flip connector and risk snapping or bending it. If a cable takes that much effort simply to connect, obviously something is wrong. The cables were immediately returned and I'm just going to buy a couple more of the Amazon brand USB 2.0 extension cables. It fits and works fine, the price is right, and I strongly recommend getting a few of those over these. So, if you're on the fence like I was, these cables are still a poor fit and still require excessive force to insert. Yes, they'll eventually work after being forced on, but do you really want to stress the USB port of your Flip or other USB device that much?

1.0 out of 5 stars Flip Camcorder USB Cable Problems, July 31, 2010
This review is from: Flip Video USB Cables (Camera)
Simply put: the claim on the packaging of the Flip Video 3-Pack USB Cables states that it is designed for all Flip Video Camcorders. I have a Flip Mino HD Camcorder (2nd Generation) and the USB cables do not fit onto the Flip Camcorder's USB Arm. I tried to fit all three USB Cables onto my Flip and none of them fit. I'm going to be returning this product immediately, and I hope I can find a simple generic male-female USB Cable that will work with my Flip Mino HD Camcorder. Generally, Linksys covers all of its bases with regard to making innovative, easy to use, and practical devices for the typical electronics consumer. This time they made a great camcorder, but their USB Cable Accessory that was designed to connect the Flip Camcorder to a computer to either upload video or recharge the Flip Camcorder's Internal Battery fails to do it's job, because the USB Cables simply won't fit onto the Flip Mino HD Camcorder's USB Arm. Ironically, the end of the USB Cable will go into the computer, but the end that is supposed to snap onto the camcorder does not.

If you don't take long videos, and don't save hours worth of videos on your flip camcorder you can probably get away with sticking the camcorders arm directly into your computers USB port, as you hold the camcorder, from sagging, while the video uploads to your hard drive. However, if you aren't inclined to upload every single little video you create - and you indeed save an hours worth of video before you upload it to your hard drive - then I would make sure you have a strong wrist and shoulder because you'll have to hold/support the camcorder while it uploads it's video from the camcorder's USB Arm to your hard drive. Why do I say that you need a strong shoulder and wrist? Well, although the Flip Camcorders are light, they aren't light enough to support the gravity pull when you plug the USB Arm of the Flip Camcorder into your computer's USB Port. If you put your Flip Camcorder's USB Arm into your computer you will notice a gravity sag: meaning, you'll see the camcorder tilt downwards as the camcorder's arm tenuously holds itself into your computer's USB Port. This gravity sag ultimately means that there will be enough of a gravity tug over time to ruin the structural integrity of either your computer's USB Port, or the Flip Camcorder's USB Arm - or both.

Bottom lining it: The Flip Camcorder is a great product, but the Flip USB Cables won't fit onto my Flip HD Mino Camcorder's USB Arm. The package states that the Flip USB Cables will fit all Flip Video Camcorders, but they don't fit on mine.

1.0 out of 5 stars I have to agree..., July 3, 2010
This review is from: Flip Video USB Cables (Camera)
these do not fit the Flip camera. I read the reviews and was torn about buying these, but after trying them my suggestion is don't waste your time or money ---they simply DO NOT FIT. I will be returning them.

3.0 out of 5 stars what's the point?, May 26, 2010
This review is from: Flip Video USB Cables (Camera)
i don't really get the point of a 3-pack of these. i only needed on for my flip but couldn't find a single package. seems kinda silly but at least i get to match the color cord i use to my mood? i don't know.

4.0 out of 5 stars The cable that should come with the camera., May 14, 2010
This review is from: Flip Video USB Cables (Camera)
I was disappointed to not have one of the these cables with my flip camera! I ordered these - good price - and they work great. I would have been just as happy with just one cable, though. This has one long and two short cables that can be linked together if you need one very long cable. Good thing is that they work with other USB devices, so maybe they are not wasted!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth it, especially if you are using a PC, laptop or an iMac, April 6, 2010
This review is from: Flip Video USB Cables (Camera)
I've read from many people who own a Flip that these cables are worth buying. Fortunately, purchasing my Flip Ultra on Amazon, the cables were offered for free. Cables come in two short yellow and pink cables and an extended white cable.

But the main reason for these cables is that plugging your Flip Ultra to the side of your keyboard, laptop or back of your iMac can be a bit cumbersome. So, having these cables definitely makes things easy and makes sure the weight of the Flip doesn't damage the USB port.

Easy to use but I admit that I felt I was going to break my Flip ultra's USB connection because I couldn't get it inside the USB cable slot. But managed to get it working just fine and cables work very well. Tested on PC laptops and an iMac and no problems at all.

So, like other reviewers who have recommended this product, these cables are definitely worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Camera Saver, December 14, 2009
This review is from: Flip Video USB Cables (Camera)
Lets just say that with out these, my camera would be so scratched up right now. i use the white one to go into the back usb port on my HP desk top because it's long. the pink one and yellow one are the same size, small compared to the white one.
I also got it in a matter of days ordering from Amazon.com LLC, i would say about 4 or five days

Flip Video USB Cables