on November 29, 2012
This is an excellent sleep foundation DESIGN. I purchased 5 years ago for my own bedroom and this week purchased again for my guest room. I have loved it. JUST LOVED IT!

However, the quality, as usual with many products, has been down graded and price is up. The screw on legs have not changed and are definitely worth it. I would recommend the 10" legs, unless you like the bed really low. Much better than an iron frame. The construction - smaller wood used all around. Smaller side boards do not improve the look either. Frame is at least partially NAILED not screwed. However it appears to be solid and the frame was GLUED-which should eliminate concern. It now comes in 6 pieces not 2. Really cheap. doesn't look nice. I will fix by padding and covering with fabric (after assembled).

I found the bolts to put together.

I am disappointed with it, but because I can not seem to find another supplier, I will keep.

UPDATE - more disappointment. the slats are no longer flush with the top of the foundation, but protrude 2 inches above. Now the "look" is really compromised. I will have to build a 1" X 2" rail and attach to the top of the plate to hit this unsightly mess. I added pictures to the item. See them to further explain what I mean
review image review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
After six months of researching latex mattresses and retailers, we purchased a king-sized Flo-beds vZone Mattress. Initially, I planned to save money and not purchase a slat foundation with the mattress as the total purchase is not inexpensive.

Although I had been assured our conventional box springs would work with the mattress, further research convinced me that a slat foundation was preferable and, perhaps, necessary. Various reviews and articles indicated that not using a slat foundation could cause sagging of the latex mattress. Further, there was some information that indicated the latex mattress could mildew/mold without proper circulation of air around the mattress.

I decided to purchase the "Flo-Beds Euro Slat Foundation" along with their mattress and am pleased with that decision. The foundation is easy to assemble and requires no special tools. The bolts are to be hand tightened. My husband is a woodworker and found the quality and construction of the "Flo-Beds Euro Slat Foundation" to be excellent.

The outside of the "Flo-Beds Euro Slat Foundation" frame is covered with Flo-beds signature fabric; the frame is lightly padded and is about 6 inches high. Curved slats are grouped in pairs and are spaced over the entire length of the bed. If I remember correctly, each slat is about 2 inches wide; I was unable to lift the mattress to measure the slats. Because we were able to use our sleigh bed and the "Flo-beds Euro Slat Foundation" sat down inside its side-rails, we did not have a problem with the slats being visible.

The firmness configuration the "Flo-Beds Euro Slat Foundation" was shipped in has proven comfortable for us. Flo-beds includes six additional braces with which you can customize your foundation's firmness.

If you make the decision to purchase a latex mattress from Flo-beds, you should consider adding a "Flo-Beds Euro Slat Foundation," too. It has been a 5-star product for us. Additionally, you will find Flo-beds customer service exemplary; they are extremely helpful, willing to answer innumerable questions; and always prompt in responding.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again