Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 20, 2011
I am fascinated by the challenges of green architecture and engineering. "Float!" particularly grabbed my attention as I lived for a while in Holland and spent time with friends in the house-boat communities there. I came across the author in architectural interviews on the net and he grabbed my attention firmly enough to order the book, only available in hardcopy, and to eagerly read it when I received it four or so weeks later.

It's a very attractive book, plenty of pictures, prettily laid-out, very Web 2.0 design. But as I continued reading it, I found it increasingly unsatisfying and eventually disappointing. The interesting stuff on the subject takes about one third of the book. The rest reads like an infomercial or capability presentation for the author and his business. There is little real detail. I was looking for something tasty and filling, but ended up feeling like I had been taken to a fast-food restaurant.

I don't recommend it.
on November 18, 2011
WOW, FLOAT! made me change my perspective for building on water. With a lot of examples the book provides possibilities for this new market that goes beyond floating housing. Sizes and functions of the solutions are much larger and more divers than expected. The pictures are nice and the layout is modern. This is certainly a book is still usefull in 5 years time.The writers combine knowledge with vision without acting as teachers. The book is easy to read and yet provides a scala of new terms and insights that inspires to become active in this water business too!
on December 31, 2011
I had the pleasure of meeting Koen and the Waterstudio team in January 2011 while visiting the Netherlands. I was very impressed.

Float! delivered more than I expected. I like the illustrations & photos, history of major cities and especially chapter 5. Koen and David definitely have their finger on the pulse of the future.

Vashti H.
on April 13, 2014
A general overview on floating structures no calculations or specifics not worth it if your searching for detailed notes I would recommend who are seeking a general view