Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

• Flood

Format: DVD|Change

on September 16, 2008
Contrary to the description, this is not the first time it is released on DVD, it is the second, and more the better for it. This was an ITV telefilm (240 minutes) that was later edited for DVD (106 minutes) and has now been re-released at 188 minutes.

The original (very poorly) edited version received scathing reviews, and deservedly so. Most people watching didn't realise they were seeing something that had been hacked to bits. Now the full version is out and, although lengthy, it at least bridges some of the gaps in logic that were created by the hatchet job. That being said, this is not the best movie ever made but it does have its good points (effects, cast, and a decent plot). It was originally broadcast in two halves so that may be the best way to watch it.
on March 26, 2010
I felt the premise was credible, didn't find too many holes in the logic and they took their time telling the story (which accounts for the length). However, it never really was dull and there were some genuinely nail-biter moments.
Characterizations were excellent as were all the actors.
As disaster movies go..this one is definitely several cuts above.
on August 20, 2011
Much better than expected catastrophe film. Very good acting, camera work, effects. The ending could have been a little better but this is a very good film if you like this type of stuff. Enjoy!
on June 27, 2012
This DVD was hard to find! I saw the movie once on TV, 4 hours and lots of commercials!! Robert Carlyle is one of my favorite actors and he is brilliant in this movie. Of course, being from the U.S. the story was all new to me. But I'm so glad I found it.
on June 4, 2012
I recieved this in great conditon and have seen it several time and enjoy it each time. I love getting mini series from the U.K. and without the commercials. That is why I would rather buy the dvd or vhs instead of watching it on t.v. Thank You.
on July 18, 2012
in this movie all London floods over. if you love disaster movies like i do you may like this movie. they only have a certain amount of time to save there self from the great flood. me and my brother watched this and let me tell you this is wonderful hope you like it as much as i do.
on October 3, 2011
I loved the movie when it was on TV and was happy to hear it was available on dvd. It has great acting and love the special effects. I am a fan of disaster flicks and this one is at the top of my list!
on April 27, 2014
This was a disaster movie I saw on TV years ago and I really liked it. I enjoy good disaster movies and this was a good one. I was very happy to be able to find this one now. There were a few questions about the plot, but it was still better than a lot of others I have seen.
on December 26, 2011
This is my kind of movie. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Great acting & good story. And even though it's 187 minutes it didn't seem long.
on July 26, 2015
I love disaster films. This is one of the great ones. I first saw it on TV a few years ago and it wasn't as good as renting the video this time and now I know why. The TV version wasn't the full length version. The actors in this film are great. The character development is fantastic, as are the special effects. The scary thing about this is that it is a credible story that could really happen. David Suchet does a fabulous job portraying the Deputy Prime Minister while Joanne Whaley does an equally great job as the Police Commissioner as they both have to take charge and deal with the disaster facing their city, their country and their homes.
Overall, if you're into disaster films, I highly recommend this to everyone. You won't be disappointed. Yes, it is a long one, but it never gets dull.