5.0 out of 5 stars Cancer pain
Published on June 6, 2010 by R. Kesling

2.0 out of 5 stars Grasping @ straws
I bought this because I'm grasping at straws. I was diagnosed with CLL (leukemia) in the latter half of 2010. Everyone that cares had all sorts of remedies to recommend. This was one of them. It, along with the other homeopathic remedies has done nothing to arrest the condition. My counts continue to rise (into abnormal range). Will it work for you? Some swear by this...
Published on July 27, 2011 by Bart J. Schuck

5.0 out of 5 stars Cancer pain, June 6, 2010
This review is from: Flora Flor-Essence (Health and Beauty)
My father recently passed away from cancer. It began as colon cancer, and he was almost dead from it when he finally went to the hospital. It was stage three at that time. He underwent emergency surgery at that time (almost three years ago), and was in ICU for almost a month. We thought we were going to lose him right then and there. He recovered but refused chemotherapy. He also would not take the pre-mixed Flor Essence I got him after his recovery, although I didn't know that until I found it in his refrigerator back in December of 2009. It was opened, and it appeared that he had sampled it, but that was all. As the cancer progressed, it invaded his small intestine, his lungs, his liver, and completely involved his peritoneum. When he was sent home from the hospital the last time, in April 2010, after surgical bypass for the tumor in his small intestine, he was placed on Hospice. We knew there was very little chance of saving his life, but he was finally ready to try. I put him on the Flor Essence, which I had bought locally. As the weeks passed, the Hospice nurses and the alternative therapies doctor he began seeing were amazed that he was having so little pain. In fact, he rarely needed a Percocet and only seemed to have pain in his left shoulder and arm (the natural therapies doctor said that was because of the location of the tumor pressing against his diaphragm which caused the shoulder on that side to ache). About three weeks after his return from the hospital, I ordered a different Essiac tea from the Internet that said it had clinical trials proving its effectiveness, etc., etc. My mother started him on the new tea and, as that week went on, his pain increased to the point that he was needing a Percocet every 2-3 hours. Knowing the only thing we had changed was the tea, I immediately started him back on the Flor Essence. The very first day, he became slightly nauseous again (a side effect he had from the beginning with Flor Essence, the natural therapies doctor said this was because it was killing cancer cells), and his pain decreased to the point that, once again, he only needed a Percocet occasionally. The difference was so dramatic it was almost unbelievable. Unfortunately, our measures were too little, too late, to save his life, but when he passed away (exactly six weeks after being sent home from the hospital), he was having no pain and had not had a Percocet in 36 hours.

Please, if you have cancer, don't refuse to fight, as my father did. Fight it with everything you have. His worry was how much it would cost his family monetarily. We tried to convince him that we loved him more than the money it cost, but he couldn't let us pay for his treatment. It just wasn't in him to allow it. But, whatever treatment you try, be it surgery, chemo, radiation, or natural treatments, add Flor Essence to your regimen from the beginning. Although the Flor Essence I ordered on Amazon did not arrive prior to my father's passing, I kept the packages of tea I had ordered and gave them to my family members. Everyone can benefit from the cleansing power of Flor Essence and, after seeing what it did for my father's pain, I would recommend it to anyone fighting a painful disease. And, please, don't trust in the effectiveness of other Essiac tea products. I learned the hard way and will always regret that I caused my father pain he need not have had in his final days. Flor Essence is the Real Deal.

One final note. If you have cancer, or any other painful disease, may God Bless You, and may you find this review to be helpful to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really kills early or middle phase cancers, September 28, 2007
X. Cheng (Corvallis, Oregon) - See all my reviews
8 years ago, I was desperate trying to find a natural remedy for my brother's early phase liver cancer since surgery would almost destroy the body and my brother won't live long after that and he was too young to lose life. Luckily my coworker suggested me to try Essiac Cancer Remedy. I did a through research on Essiac and believed this tea was going to save my brother's life and it DID. He is still well till now. Later I suggested this tea to a few more cancer patients and the results were promising. Two of them with early cancers were healed; the doctor just couldn't find any cancer trace on the pre-scheduled surgery table. There are 2 late phase cancer patients (late means cancer had been spread to different organs and the person was dying), who drank the tea and lived a few more months and died peacefully without any pain and sufferings, which proved what said in one of the Essiac books that the tea helps with a painless death if it's a Terminal cancer. I also learned that the results are much better with patients who eat little or no animal products because animal food acidifies the body, speeds up cancer spreading and weakens the immune system --- in 1931, Otto Warburg won the Nobel Prize for showing that "cancer thrives in acidic conditions." For more information about this tea, you may read related books on "Essiac". I hope more western people will believe that the best heal is often the most nature and simplest which God created in the very beginning.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Remarkable Tea, January 30, 2011
In December of 2010 my 52 year old wife was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer. The doctors gave us no hope, no treatment, and suggested that we enter into hospice. Our son took it upon himself to research possible alternatives and the first was Essiac tea. This is the basic component of the Flor-Essence tea. The jury is still out as far as to whether it will be a cure for my wife's cancer, but I began taking it along with her and must admit that for me the effects have been remarkable. I have had a nasty case of psoriasis for 18 years. Dozens of trips to dermatologists and thousands of dollars worth of medication have not been able to arrest my condition like the Essiac/Flor-Essence tea has. The "anger" has subsided in my skin rashes and in just 2 months the sites have begun to clear up. In my case taking the tea has definitely boosted my immune system. Initially a cousin also tried the tea and after 3 days passed a kidney stone.
At present my wife is completely free of pain and doing reasonably well.
Some users complain about the taste, but it just tastes like celery or turnip juice. It would be foolish to let the flavor stop you from trying to heal yourself.
This product has a colorful history, but it can definitely help.

4.0 out of 5 stars You can make your own for cheaper at home, May 9, 2012
I bought this here, but then I found out that you can make your own for cheaper at home.
Here's the recipe:

1 oz wartercress
1 oz kelp powder
1 oz blessed thistle
1 oz red clover herb

You can buy these herbs organic and in bulk online (google bulk organic herbs).

Mix these ingredients thoroughly and store in glass jar in dark dry cupboard.

Take a measuring cup, use 1/4 cup of herb mixture to 4 cups of water depending on the amount you want to make. (eg: 1 cup of herb mixture in a gallon of water)

Use a "Visions" glass pot. Boil hard for 10 minutes (covered) then turn off heat but leave sitting on warm plate over night (covered).

In the morning heat steaming hot, then strain through fine strainer into glass bottles and sit to cool. Store in refrigerator.

Basic single daily does: 1/8 cup herbal tea diluted in 1/8 cup hot water, taken on an empty stomach (at bedtime or when you get up.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Flor-Essence Worked for Us - Cancer Free, May 9, 2011
My husband has taken the Flor-Essence tea since 1996 when he was initially diagnosed with Stage 2 prostate cancer. After being diagnosed with the cancer in 1995, he underwent radiation therapy. At the time, it appeared the radiation was successful since his PSA levels were normal. As you might imagine, we were both ecstatic about this. However, this happiness was short-lived.

In 1996, a follow up PSA test showed the PSA level had started to increase. His urologist said this was not good believing the radiation did not get all of the cancer.

After consulting with a local health food expert, I started my husband on the Flor-Essence tea, Flora Pro-Essence (specifically for the prostate), and modified citrus pectin (known to kill cancer cells). During an exam, his urologist told us after reviewing his PSA level (now normal), "I don't what you are doing, but whatever it is it's working."

Fifteen years later and still taking all three products, my husband remains cancer free and his PSA levels normal.

We sincerely believe by taking these products it literally saved his life. The tea is a natural, gentle cleansing product which also helped him more easily recover from the serious side effects of the radiation therapy.

I also take the Flor-Essence tea and find it helps my immune system. Rarely (if ever), do I get colds or the flu. The tea also helps both of us sleep better at night.

We are so thankful for the Flor-Essence tea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tea!, March 10, 2008
Joy C. Tormala (Sequim, Washington) - See all my reviews
This is a great product. I first used some in September 2007 for a month as a cleanser. I decided I wanted to use it again at the recommended time (every 6 months), and am finishing up my "run". I think it helps me on a hormonal level; I'm at the stage in life when I don't always get a good night's sleep, and at times have feelings of extreme bloatedness, fatigue, etc. Flor-Essence makes that all go away. I plan to use it every 6 months for as long as I can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Tea..., February 15, 2012
Well i have been drinking this tea for 2 weeks now.. I am not sick but have trouble sleeping and trouble with constipation...and all can say is wow i have been sleeping sooo good... and my bowels are normal now... I actually feel normal for the first time in my life.... i will definitely continue to drink this tea...

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific for Detox!, August 14, 2011
I've been suffering some fairly severe health issues for the last few months, due to adrenal depletion. In my research on this, I've discovered that fatigued adrenals can overload the liver and gallbladder. Well, recently I realized that my adrenals are much stronger than before, so something else was amiss, resulting in my feeling fatigued constantly. When I developed a lipoma on my calf, I figured my lymphatic system was congested. I bought a liver detox kit and used it for a few weeks, but I didn't really notice any results.

Then I found websites talking about essiac tea. I had never heard of it, but people were making some pretty remarkable claims about it. As per usual, I immediately came to amazon to see what people here had to say about it (I feel confident that the reviews here are authentic). When I typed in "essiac tea" in the search module, it brought up Flor Essence. This product had terrific reviews, and I'd read how great it is for detoxing; so I figured, what have I got to lose?

People claim that it has cured their cancer. I can't make a comment on that, because as far as I know, I've got no cancer. But after taking this tea for a few days, I can definitely state that it seems quite potent medicinally. I've been taking 2 oz. of the brewed tea with 2 oz. hot water, 3 times a day. The third day I started feeling the typical flu-like symptoms of detox, and by day 4 I woke up feeling like a truck had hit me. My allergies and chemical sensitivities got really bad. I had a lot of sinus congestion. I could feel this stuff working. It's been a little over a week now, and it's still working great. I think the worst of the detox is over. I also started taking milk thistle and quercetin with vitamin C, and I think those supplements are assisting in the detox.

Also, my boyfriend who never really thought he had digestive tract issues started taking this tea, just to maintain his health. Within a few days, he started seeing some nasty stuff (i.e. Candida, etc) come out in his bowel movements. So I guess this tea is also terrific for actually killing any parasites one may have. I can't say that it will do so for everyone, but he and I are both having success with the tea. We even recommended it to his parents to try and are telling our friends about it. It's not difficult to brew at all. After reading reviews where people said it was hard to do, I expected it to be grueling. It really doesn't take that long to prepare. Most of the time is spent allowing the tea to brew overnight. When I make the tea, I'd say it takes me about 30 minutes in the evening and about 10 minutes the following morning.

If you're looking to detox, give this a go. Don't increase the dosage beyond the recommended amount (as I'm apt to do, because I always want to speed things up!), because if you do, you'll feel awful. But this day in age, I think it's all vital that we complete a detox every few months or so. Our bodies simply have yet to catch up with the toxin overload created by the modern world. I've tried a few detox remedies, and this one, by far, is my favorite. I intend to use this tea for a very long time, if not for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saving Whisper's Life! 2 years later, still going strong!, October 12, 2011
3-12-14 I am sad to report that Whisper has passed. Fortunately, it was quietly, of old age in my arms. Essiac gave me almost 2 1/2 years of extra time with this wonderful soul. I am filled with grief, but grateful for the extra time we shared.

Update 8-31-13

Again, thanks for all Whisper's support! He's still doing fine, and while I still give it to him morning and evening, his blood is clear, and only age (15-16) slows him down a bit.

Unfortunately, Spirit passed away July 26th of a stroke. There was nothing I could do for him, but he had the best last day in this life anyone could have...he even stole a cookie!

I am still in deep mourning and nothing appeals more than meeting him at the Rainbow Bridge.

As long as Whisper is with me, I will devote my life to giving him the best quality possible to his.

Update: 3-16-13

For all Whisper's well-wishers-

At 15 years-old and 18 months into recovery, Whisper is the picture of health! I still only give Flora Flor-essesnce brand to him twice a day, even though his panels have been clear for over a year. I am so grateful that this wonderful product came into our lives! I have personally recommended it to many people for their pets, friends and relatives. I will continue!

Update: 3-9-12

Tomorrow marks the six-month anniversary of Whisper's attack. It's hard to wrap my mind around that with an objective perspective. He's going to get steamed salmon filet to celebrate, and I will celebrate by trying to continue to spread the word about this wonderful tea!

As I mentioned earlier, there is a bulk package available through amazon.com that makes 14 gallons for $70.00. The bulk essiac came yesterday. It is in four packets of ingredients, with 2lb burdock root, 1lb sheep sorrel, 4oz slippery elm and one ounce Turkish rhubarb root. Those are the ingredients in both my books on making it yourself. The Flora product also includes kelp,blessed thistle and red clover, none of which other than red clover are mentioned in either book that I have read, although they suggest adding a bit of bloodroot for hard cancers.

I should be able to accurately measure out portions to brew whatever amount I like at a time. I'm probably going to try for two quart batches and see how long that carries Spirit and me. Whisper will remain on the Flora product. I can be pretty scientific about the preparation, but I'm going to quote an Ojibwah medicine man from "Essiac, A Native Herbal Cancer Remedy" by Cynthia Olson.

"I use a big handful of chopped, dried burdock root (My hands are kind of big. This weighs about 3 ounces.). Then I use a big handful of sheep sorel. This weighs about 1 ounce. Then I use big pieces of dried rhubarb root, amounting to about 1/2 ounce (I use bige pieces so the laxative effect is not boiled away). Then I add a wad of slippery elm (inside bark) about the size of a golf ball. This won't move most scales (about 1/18 of an ounce). This makes about one week's supply, so boil in one gallon of water, then let it soak overnight, strain it in a one gallon apple juice jar and store in your fridge. Drink one 8 ounce cup twice a day. More if you feel like it.

Don't dillute it. That some whimpy white man's health food store thinking. It tastes kind of thick and slippery. If you heat it, do it in a small saucepan on a burner. Don't ever use a microwave or it will be useless. By the way, when you drink it, pray that your body will get back in harmony with The Great Spirit."

I think this may be the best way for me to prepare it, although I will probably see what my particular hand measurements amount to. Also, it looks as if everything in the packets is pretty well powdered, so it may force me into weight measurements. I like the medicine man's philosophy.

Also, since for spirit and me, it is more for purification than "cure" (knock on wood!), we will probably take a couple of ounces per day, each...we'll see what the results are and adust it. I'll keep you posted.

Six-month portraits of Whisper will follow!

Update: 1-31-12 I've added two more photos of Whisper, taken this evening. I don't have much to add, other than the fact that his blood-work is normal, and I continue to give him daily doses of Essiac tea. I will always do anything to keep Whisper and Spirit in my life, as long as theirs have quality. I can ask for no more the joy they give me daily!

Update: !2-4-11 A picture is worth 1,000 words, and if you look at the photos I just uploaded, you will see two sweet critters who are the pictures of health!!!

Update: 10-26-11 Whisper continues to thrive! I have not seen him act so playfully for a couple of years, at least. He is happy, accessible and loving. His appetite is very good. He threw up once the week before last, which was scary. The vomit was dark brown and the consistency of espresso coffee. Although it was unnerving, he seemed fine afterward. It was a single incident, and may have been part of the process of his body purifying itself.

Spirit has not needed Rimadyl and continues to be extremely playful. I have been taking a couple of ounces per day a couple of days a week, and even at low-dose, I feel more energetic.

Tonight I added photos of the brewing process. It isn't the simplest thing in the world, but it takes about fifteen minutes of your actual attention. Remember, the Drs at the emergency hospital told me Whisper had only days...or weeks, at best before he would die. When he came home, I had almost no hope. Yesterday, I received my second box of tea. We haven't consumed all of the first. I've given a portion of it to friends who also have animals with serious illness.

We live in a toxic world, and Big Medicine will try to separate us from our money by nuking us with toxic chemicals and procedures while draining our money if we let them. There are viable alternatives.

Essiac Tea is one of the most potent, but there is also colloidal silver as an antibiotic that is gentle, effective and works over and over, unlike prescription products. Olive leaf extract also fights many infections safely, and for UTIs, try Usnea and Uva Ursi tincture. Just those few remedies, with the recent addition of the essiac tea, have kept me disease-free for years. Don't forget to eat healthy food, never smoke, and if you drink, do so moderately. Exercise daily, drink water, and thank the earth for all of the tools we have to keep healthy naturally.

I will update this review as the treatment progresses. So far, so much better than I had hoped!

Original Review:

On September 10th, 2011, my 12-year old cat, Whisper suddenly became near death. I had seen him about 4:00 and he seemed fine. At 6:30 I went to find him to give him his supper and I found him in the bathroom with his belly inflated to the size of a volleyball, a look of horror on his face, and screeming weakly. I rushed him to the local animal emergency hospital, and by the time I got him there he was almost gone. They rushed him to their ER, relieved the pressure and got him on multiple IVs. The next day, they did extensive tests and determined that he has aggressive lymphoma.

I was devastated. I had lost his sister, Shadow, in June to a different attack, apparently from the same cause. The vet who came to euthanize her said she thought that a large lymph gland in her abdomen had ruptured and caused a huge infection which was untreatable.

In Whisper's case, they told me that with chemo, he might have weeks, and without it, he probably had days. They managed to get him stable enough to take home with steroids and a special compounded prescription to restore function to his bowels, but the prognosis was grim.

A friend of mine who had a cat who was diagnosed with a hard-tumor cancer, given two months to live and when put on essiac tea, lived 18 months and passed peacefully of heart failure told me about this brand and recommended I try it.

I ordered it, and by the time it arrived, although he was still alive, he had become anorexic, lethargic, and I really didn't think it would do any good. He also had caught an upper respiratory infection in the hospital. I gave him his first four doses with an irrigating syringe, and he started eating again, coming out socially and began taking it with juice from canned salmon.

Now, just over a month since he was released and three weeks into the tea protocol, he takes two doses with salmon juice and he and my dog, Spirit, who I found out at the same time had a mass on his rectum, both get it in one of their water dishes to drink during the day.

Whisper has gotten back to his old sweet, loving, playful personality, has a great appetite, and plays like a kitten, running to me like a puppy! Spirit has responded to the point that I can't locate the mass. I've been able to take him off Rimadyl. He was starting to have soreness after hikes and play. He can travel up the stairs with no problem, jump into the back seat of our SUV, and doesn't have the risk of upset stomach he had with Rimadyl.

This is amazing stuff! If I ever develop cancer, I will use it first, and ignore chemo and radiation therapies. Until now, I had simply believed when cancer was diagnosed, it was going to get you someday, somehow...sooner or later.

With essiac tea, I believe we have an amazing weapon, which, if it doesn't outright cure it, works better than anything I have ever seen with anyone or any animal diagnosed with cancer and from reports I have read may actually cure soft cancers such as lymphoma.

I don't know how advanced Whisper's is, but I have seen pretty much miraculous changes in him over the shortest of times. I will update this review as we continue using the tea, but in three short weeks, I have come from feeling despair and huge grief to believing he may be with me for a very long time! I bond to my animals almost as much as my daughter, and I am still not over Shadow's passing. If I had lost Whisper, I don't know what would have happened to me emotionally or spiritually.

Over the last fifteen years I have lost nearly everyone of importance in my life except my daughter, and I am saturated with the pain of loss.

Essiac tea has already bought me more time than I expected to have with Whisper and the fact that he has become so vital again in such a short time gives me hope that we will be together for a long time to come!

I will update this review as I watch Whisper's progress, but right now this may be the best $25.00 I ever spent! It cost me almost $3,000.00 to find out what he had and stabilize him. If I had known about this when Shadow passed, I would have started him on it prophylactically. If you or a loved one are suffering from any form of cancer, please try this. It's a bit of a project to brew, but worth every penney and every ounce of effort!

5.0 out of 5 stars Flor Essence Tea, February 16, 2010
I have been drinking this tea for almost 9 years. With this tea and God's help, I went thru Chemo without being tired, had lots of energy, it strengthened my immune system, I did not lose weight and went on the road with my husband in between treatments. In the past 9 years, the tea has helped me avoid getting colds or flu or anything else that was going around. I will drink this tea for the rest of my life.

Flora Flor-Essence