Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on March 31, 2012
These are great for building things for school projects and wargaming! They are a good size for 28mm to 54mm miniatures. Are painted and look good when assembled. Easy to glue together with white glue or a hot glue gun. If you want to harden the surface of the finished building paint over it with a watered down mix of white glue and water OR ModgePodge. This will create a very durable surface which can then be spray painted or painted with acrylic paints.
on December 12, 2012
Just what i wanted and needed to finish my school project. I ordered two boxes thinking maybe it was as small as the image,but they are actually really big pieces so I recommend only buy one. no need for two. Thanks!
on February 10, 2014
We bought this to build a model of the Great Wall of China. We had about 15 blocks left after the completion of our project. My seven year old loved using these blocks to make the model. He was very engaged in this project for over an hour. He built the Great Wall by himself and then added greenery and twigs from the yard for the trees. He glued cardboard in place to act as the walking surface of the wall but the rest was from these blocks. The blocks are about 1.25 inches long and 1/2 inch deep and you can easily cut them in half to fit your building requirements. I would highly recommend these blocks for a special project. Happy building!! Also, Elmer's glue worked fine on these blocks as our special Floracraft glue ran out half way through.
on December 26, 2015
I 'm glad I discovered these blocks on Amazon because they are very versatile. You can cut and shape them without too much effort. I used them on my son's 4th grade independent study project last school year on Roman architecture. I was impressed with how the blocks absorbed the children's paint, considering it wasn't even acrylic paint. A word of advice on gluing the pieces, which I learned after the fact. In the pictures I have posted, some of the blocks are separated from the main curved section in the middle. I glued the components separately and then glued the components together. This is an absolute no-no because the stiff but spongey blocks lose their sponginess once the glue dries. I should have glued everything together at the same time, which would have allowed a nice tight fit between the blocks. I tried to compensate for the spaces with toothpicks--I think it still came out fine for a 4th grade project. And I only needed the one box for the project.
review image review image
on February 8, 2016
Extremely disappointed by the manufacturer! Box states there are 300 blocks inside. I needed 285 for a valentines day project. Not only are there only 286 blocks, but since these are mass-produced one would believe they are from a template. However, 8 of the stupid things are a good deal larger than their counterparts, and therefore completely useless! I am extremely aggravated and annoyed that now, almost complete with the project, I have to go out to a hobby store and purchase a new box (because they don't come in much smaller sizes) for less than ten blocks! When you are counting out sets of 50, you don't pay attention when the sizes are different, especially when you are a ten year old boy. Not impressed at all.
on July 22, 2016
I have used these on multiple school projects with my kids over the years. I really like them. While assembling the Sidon Sea Castle for my daughter's project on Lebanon, I used these. While I had a hot glue gun, I was a little impatient, and just used tooth picks to connect the blocks. Tooth picks went through very easily without cracking or breaking the blocks, and the finished project held up very well when moved in the classroom multiple times.
on April 21, 2014
I absolutely love these, I do xmas villages every year, have been doing them for over 20 years and I do a lot of things with these blocks, I prepare the walls for the train station the entrance and they look like something you would purchase already done, you can paint them or even leave them as is and once finished they last forever. I always have a box handy for any other crafts that I need to do.
on December 21, 2015
Got these for my son for a school project. He needed to build a pyramid and these worked great. Easy to handle and glue together really well. But definitely get the styro glue. We ran out and had to use Elmers and didn't work well, took forever to dry. Should have bought two glues. These are great blocks and will purchase again for next project.
on February 4, 2014
WIth just two boxes of these blocks, my son was able to make a Great Wall of China display. He is only 10, so I had to have something he could work with on his own, without much help from me - these were amazing. He was able to cut them to fit using a regular butter knife. We used regular all-purpose glue and they held together easily - and best of all - once the glue dried, the project was nice and sturdy, no worries about it falling apart on the way to school. He enjoyed himself so much making it - that he went more into detail on the structures than he would have it building it required more effort. I will probably buy more of these so the kids can build different projects for fun over spring break - the possibilities are endless !
on August 10, 2014
We love these and use them all the time for school projects and fun. The box goes further than I would have thought. Several times, having them on hand has saved us on a last minute school project idea and trip to the store.