5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Travel Guide
If you plan to visit Florence, this guide will be very helpful.
Things that I liked about it:
1-A brief history of the city with a "timeline" to track the events period by period.
2-Introduction to the architecture and art in Florence which makes you familiar with too many terms and able to distinguish the architectural styles.
3-The areas of the city...
Published on June 12, 2011 by Nabil

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy
I was going to three different cities and bought the Eyewitness guide for each of them. Ended up tearing out a few pages and the maps to take with me and discarding the rest. Too heavy. Info seemed good enough.
Published 15 months ago by Sherry Sybesma

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Travel Guide, June 12, 2011
This review is from: Florence and Tuscany (EYEWITNESS TRAVEL GUIDE) (Paperback)
If you plan to visit Florence, this guide will be very helpful.
Things that I liked about it:
3-The areas of the city are divided into very elegant parts. It is written also which bus you should pick from the main station to the area that is described in the chapter.
4-The don't miss places are highlighted. It is mentioned also the opening and closing time of each place.
5-List of the good restaurants and cafes with rough estimate of the prices.
6-List of the good hotels with rough estimate of the prices.
7-Very helpful pull out city map with a transportation map.
8-Very helpful survival guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best travel guides ever!, December 21, 2011
This review is from: Florence and Tuscany (EYEWITNESS TRAVEL GUIDE) (Paperback)
I bought my first Eyewitness book on the recommendation of a friend and have never been disappointed. I've gone into book stores and perused the other travel guides and always gone back to Eyewitness. We always start our trips with the walking tours they include so we get a good idea of the lay of the land in the new city. I also love the fact that the entire book is done in color so when they tell you about a specific site they include a picture of it right next to the discription so you always know you're looking at the right thing. By far our favorite travel books!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very detailed and helpful with excellent illustrations, September 29, 2013
C. B Collins Jr. (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is a highly informative guide to Tuscany and the city of Florence. It offers background information that helps the traveler understand more about the history of the sites they visit. There are sections on all the major churches and museums in Florence that help ensure that the visitor sees the major attractions. The city maps are good and the street finder was accurate. The background information on travel options, hotels, exchange rates, shopping, wines, buses, trains, neighborhoods, and emergencies was informative and helpful. The timelines were excellent and helped a traveler understand the historic events that lead to various developments and buildings. As in all the Eyewitness Travel Guides, the photographs and drawings are excellent and are very helpful. However, the guide is not perfect. It is bulky and a bit thick. Whereas the information is rich it is not easy to put into a pocket. Also, whereas the maps are very good, they are not easy to access while walking. My advice on the best way to use this guide is to buy it a month before going to Florence. Use it to plan your itinerary since it is very helpful in showing which museums, churches, bridges, gardens are next to each other so you plan a more efficient travel experience. I would also advise that you take it with you and keep it in your hotel room for reference in the morning before you go out and in the afternoon when you return and wish to reflect on all that you have seen and done. It is best to compliment this guide with a good street map that is easy to carry in your pocket for quick reference. This is a good guide, full of useful and interesting information but is a bit heavy and thick for quick use in the streets. Get a map for your daily excursions and keep this excellent guide in your hotel room for planning and reference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent travel book - ticket prices would be nice., October 20, 2013
Maggie (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
Just spent 10 days in Florence with a few day trips. This book covered everything we wanted to do. The maps are great and very easy to follow. The only negative is the little icon showing if a museum or activity has a fee but doesn't tell you the cost. I assume it's because ticket prices change but it would be nice to know if the entry fee was 3 Euro or 12 Euro. Would also be nice if there was a recommendation regarding booking ahead ie. the secret routes tour in the Ponte Vecchio. There was a three day wait in the middle of the week in October so I can't imagine you could take this tour if you didn't book ahead in the summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Florence is Fine, March 29, 2014
This is a work we have used in the past from the library, but we really wanted a personal copy for an extended stay in Florence and Tuscany shortly. It arrived quickly and was just what we expected and hoped for.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the DK Eyewitness Travel Guide books, December 26, 2013
I love seeing the pictures of places I want to visit. The pictures in all my DK Eyewitness Travel Guides (I've bought many) are wonderful color pictures that really make me excited to be going on my vacations. The information is accurate and very helpful and has helped me decide what to see and what not to. The information is also great for buying tickets to museums, etc especially if you want to buy them in advance. I love the DK books.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best guide to Tuscany I know of, November 22, 2013
The Eyewitness guides are by far and away the best travel guides out there. It really helped me find the sites during my recent tour of Tuscany

5.0 out of 5 stars Florence and Tuscany, January 6, 2013
This review is from: Florence and Tuscany (EYEWITNESS TRAVEL GUIDE) (Paperback)
I have used the DK books several times in my past and this was a gift. Wanting to give the best to my grand daughter for her first trip to Florence. Although one of my daughters lives in Florence and I have been many times I knew the DK books and knew each and every description in the book. I wanted my grand daughter to walk around with her own hand held guide that could stay with her. Great way for her to know where her Aunt walks and is daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best guidebook!, June 3, 2014
The clear maps, tidbits of information and suggestions were an important part of our daily planning during our nine day stay in Tuscany. As our own tour guide, we relied on the DK guidebook for suggestions after checking on them with our hotel's concierge. HIGHLY referenced for the day trips to Pisa and Florence, we sometimes read about a location while traveling there on the train. Better than an app downloaded, as we stuck in all the papers picked up during the trip and have that a great reminder of our fabulous trip. Well worth the investment!

5.0 out of 5 stars More Than Excellent, April 27, 2014
Couldn't walk around without it.
i liked everything in it, i recommend this book to whoever wants to travel to Florence.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Florence and Tuscany (EYEWITNESS TRAVEL GUIDE)
Florence and Tuscany (EYEWITNESS TRAVEL GUIDE) by Adele Evans (Paperback - February 21, 2011)
Used & New from: $0.73