Most helpful critical review
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
These shoes look great, but the quality is not there
on August 21, 2012
I purchased three pairs, one black, one brown and one burgundy. The shoe fits great and is very comfortable, I give it that. But all had the same problems eventually:
1) The tassles fell off, or at least one of the pair will fall off. This means that either you glue the tassle back on somehow or cut the other ones off. One of the tassles popped off when I was having the shoe shined. This happened on all three pairs. The tassle simply fell off. So one shoe has two, the mate has no tassles. If you happen to lose the tassle then it looks ridiculous.
2) The leather appears very thin and flimsy and it tears easily, scuffs easily. When this happens you have a shoe that looks like it is falling apart, looks cheap. You can cut off the peeled leather then polish it, but then it doesn't polish well. This happens under normal wearing conditions. I am very careful with my shoes so I was a little surprised at this. My other shoes don't have this problem at all.
3) The seams appear to be of poor quality. I noticed that some of the seams separate where laced/stitched. There is fraying in places.
4) The soles are thin and wear through easily. I have worn through one pair so they will need to be re-soled. I am not going to bother though. If you step in water after you've worn these a few months your socks will get wet. Another reviewer noticed this.
5) The heels also are not the highest quality, they wear out too easily.
All in all, not a good shoe for the price. I am disappointed. And it's a shame, I have always owned Florsheim shoes and have always associated them with high quality and high price, but at least the price was worth it in the past. I don't mind paying up for a decent pair of shoes. These shoes look absolutely wonderful when you get them. They are very comfortable. And no, I do not play football in them. I strictly wear them to work and to church. I think someone somewhere skimped on material quality and workmanship quality.