Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Flotec FP0F360AC Cyclone 1/12 HP 350 GPH Pumping System
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 9, 2015
I didn't buy mine at Amazon, but at a local big box store. The worst thing about these pump is the hose attachments, which is especially important on the inlet side. Look at the picture of it. First, it's not brass, it's nylon. This makes it very easy to cross thread. Second, notice the extended portion of non threaded male connection, the part that sticks into the female hose end that you will be trying to attach to it. This means that the unthreaded part of the connector will hit the rubber hose seal/gasket about the same time you are trying to start the threads. At best you will get about two threads engaged before the connection is as tight as possible. It will suck air if you manage to not cross thread the hose. More likely, you will cross thread the hose and the pump will be ruined. Either way, these are a cheap disposable pump for a not so cheap price. There are better pumps made, for about the same money. Look for a pump with metal hose fittings that have threads that go to the end of the fitting, just like the normal male end of a hose does.
on July 7, 2007
Sugar Land, Texas July 2007. It has rained 27 of the last 30 days, ½ to 2 inches or more each day. I used the Flotec PC2 to clear standing water on my lawn and patio. The pump drained about 500 gallons in 45 minutes of continuous runtime. I am very please with the price and capabilities of this pump and highly recommend it.
on May 12, 2013
I have a 16' above ground Intex pool. This pump is not the fastest pump on earth, but it got the job done and ran for 3hours without any problems! My above ground pool was nasty after winter with algae, pond scum, frogs, water bugs, water beetles, and spiders. I drained it up to the few inch residual. Then, put this little nifty pump in! What's good about it is that all kinds of junk and bugs etc can go down the hose. You don't have to worry about a filter clogging. Then it has a puddle attachment when the water gets really low!!! What a breeze to get the pool ready for the summer! Give yourself sometime to let it run. Some cons are that there's no on/ off switch and its a little slow. I bought it for $85 or so; therefore, it's not cheap, but not a price gouge either.
on October 7, 2015
I've been using this through the summer to pump water out of my rain collection cisterns. Gravity wasn't enough to carry the water as far as I needed so I got this pump to help pump at a rate slow enough to water some trees and bushes. It's simple but works well. Not sure how the motor would hold up for long periods of pumping, but for my purposes it's worked well.
on May 22, 2015
I love these little pumps. Parts are available through the maufacturer. easy to repair.
I use it to transfer water from a water tank to my trailer when out camping.
Also have another that i use in the basement of my business to pump out water, This really pulls the water out great with the triangle adapter which is included.
on February 27, 2010
I had the previous model pump by Flotec and it finally gave out after years of use. The new one works even better. I needed a self-priming pump for various needs and this fits the bill.
on June 24, 2011
I have no quibble with the pump.

However, I did find the included garden hose tended to collapse. I replaced it with a more substantial one, problem solved.

Does not include spare impeller, other similar pumps that I have purchased included a spare impeller.
on March 29, 2016
Product was delivered as ordered and on time. Implementation was straightforward and instructions were clear. I used the pump to backwash my backyard, probably 4in of standing water in about 50 sq/ft of space. The time taken was probably about 8 hours one day, 4 hours the next. Took a while as i was using a large 2in hose (Blue Devil B8257 Backwash Hose, 2-Inch ) to pump about 100 ft. Next time i would try and use a larger pump.

All in all this was a good product that performed as expected. I will update this review if i use it again.

UPDATE: Pump still works as expected, however if using a standard garden hose on the intake side, the pump can collapse the hose and limit flow. Suggest using a hard pipe or some sort of reinforced hose.
on May 16, 2015
Great pump! Easy to use. Just follow the instructions. I'm using it to pump water out of my 30 gal aquarium when it is time to change the water. This pump is great for that use. It has saved me so much time & already paid for itself!!
on January 24, 2016
Bought it for water changes in the 90 gallon aquarium. Had been using a Python jet pump but that wastes a LOT of water while draining and we're on a well and septic system so that wasn't a good thing. I set this up with an inlet strainer http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001447266?redirect=true&ref_=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_4 and a valve so I could use the same hose to the sink to carry water away from the pump and to refill the aquarium (just have to disconnect it at the sink and flip a valve to switch). Works great and easily matches the suction that the Python produced.