4.0 out of 5 stars FYI...this is indeed the strap, not the luggage tag
I was hoping to upgrade the strap for my floto bag, but was confused by the non-matching title and picture for the item. But since the price made sense, I went ahead and purchased it. So yes, this in indeed the super strap.

Published on January 31, 2012 by C. Liu

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice Strap, Bad Quality Control
TRY BEFORE YOU FLY!!!

I bought this to replace the wafer-thin strap on the Cenzo bag I got from Floto. This strap looked fine when I unboxed it so I trusted it. It looks like a study strap. Foolish me.

Published 19 months ago by C. Emptor

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice Strap, Bad Quality Control, January 18, 2013
TRY BEFORE YOU FLY!!!

The very first time I used it in action it failed, at the airport parking garage just 25 minutes ago. The metal fastener where the strap attaches to the bag buckle came undone before the aft end of the bag even left the ground. At first I thought I had not fully attached it. But no, the strap was flopping, broken. Useless.

Now, some readers might suspect I had loaded the Cenzo with brick samples. No. It held a pair of shoes, six pairs of (small, not giant) underpants, and T-shirts.and a shaving kit.

Here's the other problem: This strap costs 25 percent of the cost of the entire bag. But I knew that going in. But when it breaks I get really frustrated.

Now I'm on my way to a trip, with a broken strap and broken faith in Cenzo quality control.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Craftsmanship, August 18, 2013
This review is from: Floto Luggage Leather Super Strap (Apparel)
After owning it for a few months and only using it twice, the snap broke where it attaches to the bag. Actually it didn't break, it literally just fell apart. I managed to find all the little pieces of it. I noticed that other reviewers have had the same problem. One has actually returned his strap twice! I don't have the patience for that so I replaced both factory snaps with solid brass snaps that I purchased online and tossed the original parts in the trash, where they belonged. Also, the stitching was loose in several places and had to be repaired. The overall engineering is poor simply because the strap is split at the shoulder pad and it only held in place with a single line of stitching. This created a weak spot that gave way on a long walk through the airport. It is just a really badly put together item. The bag that I bought it for is built much better.

I ended up doing all the repairs myself because I simply enjoy doing that type of thing and I have the tools to fix it with, and it ended up being a good dependable strap. But I can't believe that I paid $50 for a craft project!

2.0 out of 5 stars Would Be a Good Upgrade From Regular Strap... IF It Had Better Quality Brass Fittings, January 24, 2013
CatDog (In a Pig's Eye) - See all my reviews
I ordered this strap for my Floto briefcase and it's definitely an improvement in comfort as it's wider. For those looking at the photograph, it's not necessarily padded in the middle, just wider so that it distributes the weight of your luggage more evenly over your shoulder. It's definitely better than the thin leather strap with the terribly cheap and tinny brass fittings that Floto ships with their briefcases. I know they are cheap as I own a couple of nice, handmade dog leads with high-quality brass clasps and the clasps on the Floto products don't look or feel anything like those.

This wider strap is nicely constructed other than the brass fittings. The stitching is tight and relatively clean. The leather is a good match, color-wise, for the brown Floto briefcase I already own.

Mine broke on one side where the clasp enters the ring through which the leather runs. It's somewhat difficult to explain without a visual aid, but the brass clasp mechanism has a pin with a small disc fixed to the top. This pin is run through a hole on the brass loop through which the leather runs. The brass disc is supposed to keep the pin inside of the hole so that the clasp can pivot. The issue was that the hole was almost as big in diameter as the brass disc. Brass isn't as hard a metal as something like stainless steel, so with repeated use and twisting/pivoting, the disc wore through and fell out, rendering the whole thing useless. The other clasp is fixed with the same pin/disc part, but that side is tight, with a larger disc/smaller hole combination and likely won't ever fail.

I only had papers, pens, a laser pointer, and a thin book in my briefcase when the clasp fell out. I'd be a great deal more disappointed if the briefcase had contained my laptop at the time of the strap's failure. It's a build quality issue and I hope that Floto corrects it as this thing isn't cheap at almost fifty bucks.

Amazon, on the other hand, is golden as usual. They are sending a replacement and provided me with a pre-paid label to return the defective strap. I just hope the new one doesn't suffer from the same issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars Third I give up, November 8, 2013
I bought my third strap thinking that the other two were defected. Fooled me three times. This third strap borked just as easily as the other two. My advice is don't waste your money stick with the strap given with bag.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, March 24, 2013
I am currently using my third strap as the two one before broke. Everytime they broke on my first trip using them. I assume that Floto should have figured it out that their construction has a flaw, however they keep shipping the same model. In case the third one breaks again I will ship it back and ask for my money back and I give up, although I would love to have a wider strap on my bag, which by the way is great.
Maybe Amazon can review the high number of returns and can intervene at Floto?

4.0 out of 5 stars FYI...this is indeed the strap, not the luggage tag, January 31, 2012

As for the strap itself, it gets the job done. When I tried it on, I could feel the difference on my shoulder, between this strap and the narrow strap that came with the bag. I didn't get wowed by the quality like I was by the bag (from the picture, I was expecting the strap to have thicker padding), but it's a strap, it matches my bag, and all the parts work, so I won't complain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional, very sturdy. Issue with Color, December 19, 2013
I ordered both the bag and the strap with same color, however when it arrived the strap seemed orangey.. The strap is very functional and sturdy.

4.0 out of 5 stars fast shipping, great quality. thanks!, October 20, 2013
Same great quality as the luggage, color slightly different, but you only really notice up close. Over time it will look like a matched pair! Keeping it for as long as possible.

Update: August 2014 - I still really like this product, but the clasp/hook on one end broke while I was traveling this summer. I've used the strap on about 10-15 trips, never with the bag fully loaded down. I contacted Floto through Amazon to have it repaired or replaced, and they were able to do so! I mailed in the strap to them (only a couple bucks) and they mailed a new strap back to me. It's not the same one (they sent the Grande strap instead of the Super) and the clasps/hook looks to be the same kind as before. I'll keep using it, but wanted to update my review!

3.0 out of 5 stars Floto Luggage Leather Super Strap, May 31, 2013
Don't understand why you had to buy this separately. Should have come with the bag originally. It does as expected and distributes the weight over your shoulder instead of biting into it like the strap that comes with the bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Strap, December 30, 2012
I bought this strap to go with my leather floto messenger bag and it really works great. It provides a lot more comfort than the strap that comes with the bag and I like the look of the thickness much better. The quality of the leather and stitching are top notch and match the quality of the messenger bag perfectly. It does have a slight smell, like the bag, when opened but if you let it air out for a few days in the garage it goes away. I wish that this would come with the bag originally.

Floto Luggage Leather Super Strap