Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Floto Luggage Milano Duffle Bag
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on August 7, 2012
I wanted to help potential customers so I'm taking the time to write a review.

The leather on the actual bag is very nice. It's a soft buttery calfskin but I'm a little thrown off by how blindingly shiny it is. It's not a matte look like in the photos.

The strap is awful... the shoulder pad on the strap is a small piece of tough leather which hurts your shoulders. The strap band itself is very thin and has a cheap feeling to it.

The metal rivets holding the handles together are of cheap hardware.

All in all, you're paying for the body of the bag. The stainless steel hardware is cheap so I don't expect it to last very long (though they say it's covered by a life-time warranty). The stitching is pretty good. The strap is what makes this a $200+ bag rather than a $300+. If you're already spending close to $300 I'd advise looking at a Jack Spade.
33 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2009
When I was looking for a duffle bag I was very concerned about the quality of the bag and how well it was made, as well as the price. I was completely amazed at the quality of this floto bag. It was clear that the stitching was very well done, and the leather is very nice. It is made to last for a very long time. I was more than pleased. It's a steal at this price!
on October 16, 2011
I bought this for a two week business trip to Europe. It's really a beautiful bag and holds a ton. I was in eleven different hotels, twelve planes, trains and everything in between - and the bag went through the paces splendidly. I would definitely purchase a Floto bag again. Amazon's prices are the best out there for this item.
on June 20, 2013
Very well made bag w/great leather. Seems like it will stand the test of time. Speaking of time, it'll take some to get this funky dye-odor out of the bag. I'd suggest airing it out for a few days prior to use. That is, unless you dig the smell of ripe dyed leather. Nummy.
on January 3, 2011
Ordered the Milano in Vechio Brown, to give as a gift. I was nervous because the pictures of that color are pretty poor quality (perhaps it doesn't photograph well?). I received the bag and was thrilled. It was a very successful christmas present for someone with very very high standards, and it has been receving constant praise/comments from others ever since. This bag is far more unique than the cookie cutter stuff you get at Coach, etc., as it really looks handmade (in a good way) and Italian (in a good way). The stitching is all perfect, the leather is a beautiful color, and i think it will take on a beautiful patina and only get nicer with age. I would easily expect to pay double in a bricks and mortar store. Really nicely done, down to the hardware. The weakest part of the bag is the strap, which is actually much nicer than the straps you get with most leather duffels (it is matching, and adjustable, with nice hardwer). when i say "weakest" this is purely relative. I prefer something a little wider (again, it is still attractive though). Floto offers an aftermarket leathers strap to go with their bags, online. i will order that, along with matching luggage tags. the bag itself is worth the extras (though they aren't necessary).
on April 25, 2010
I actually upgraded to the Tuscany Leather bag but my son bought two of these. We love them all. Well crafted, fine leather. Excellent packaging and customer service.
on December 28, 2014
I thought this was a nice bag,but the color was to light ,It is much darker in the picture,I also needed separate pockets for shoes and laundry.I returned this bag and am still looking for the right one at the right price.
on June 17, 2014
Bag is ok. thin leather. very very shiny. i wouldnt consider this high quality by any means. you get what you pay for bottom line. bag has no structural up right support, unless filled with clothes. the smell is unbearably strong with chemicals. wouldnt order any more of their brands. if youre thinking about getting this bag i would honestly not. the bag is ok just not what i was looking for.
on July 16, 2012
This is the perfect bag for a weekend/5-day getaway. it has plenty of room to store clothes + shoes + whatever else you need to bring. it is also very durable and the Vecchio Brown color is very classy. The only downside is the strap, which is quite small. I've already taken this bag on several trips, and it hasnt let me down.
on February 1, 2014
This bag is suprisingly premium for the price. The leather is thick and high quality, the stitching is very nicely done. Made in Italy, not China and a lifetime warranty, just thise two facts alone are worth giving this bag a try. I havent really put it to the test yet, but i mean its a hollow sack, its intended function isnt rocket science....stuff fits into it as intended.

I will say that on my item one of the clips which attaches the rather thin strap to the bag itself, was incredibly poorly manufactured. The clip has a male end which goes through a female end on the strap itself, and the clip then clips onto a metal d ring attached to the bag like a caribiner. Well the male end which went into the female ring on the strap was machined improperly or something, because at the right angle it could slide freely in and out of the female end of the strap, causing the clip to instantaneously uncouple from the strap and send the bag falling to the ground. It would feel very secure and then as soon as it spun to the right (or wrong) angle it would just slide right through and detach the strap. This was quite jarring, and would have been embarrassing had it happened in public as opposed to me just in my bedroom, alone, with the bag stuffed with towels and sweatshirts admiring how cool i was in the mirror. I actually was even embarrassed by myself when the bag just imploded off my shoulder and onto the ground.

In the end they just sent me a new strap for free (with new clips attached) and that solved the problem, and all is well.

Also, bear in mind this bag is pretty shiny. I experienced no unpleasent smell whatsoever, but did notice that the bag is blindingly shiny even in black, which seems rather difficult to accomplish naturally so im assuming they sprayed some sort of bizzare shiny clearcoat onto the leather to make it look fancier. To my eyes this just makes it look kind of lame or cheap, and ill probably just knock out the shine with some isopropyl alcohol or mineral spirits.

But for the money, you simply cant beat this bag without buying some cheap chinese item made of ratskin or like pig intestines, etc.