5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but lifetime luggage.
Published on February 27, 2009 by Dogs & Horses

3.0 out of 5 stars If I had seen it in a luggage store, I wouldn't have purchased
It's okay. The size and capacity are good. It fits well into airline overhead bins or under the seat. The finish is odd and it needs significant airing before you would want to be in a closed room with it. It doesn't seem especially durable, but time will tell.
Published 11 months ago by Nancy Powell

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but lifetime luggage., February 27, 2009
These Floto pieces are investments. The highest quality pieces. Buttery soft, THICK leather. Hand pieced, hand sewn with impeccable finish and fit. Seams that are smooth and perfect. The interiors are lined with fine striped canvas that after three years is still resisting dirt and stains from shoes etc. This Trastevere bag is the perfect weekender or full size vacation bag and looks gorgeous and stylish no matter where you are going. I have gotten so many compliments on the Floto pieces from hotel bellmen to conceirges to other travelers in the airport and hotels literally around the world!

With every use, the leather wears better, gets softer and is gaining that lovely old world patina that only high end, very well made luggage earns. These are indeed very expensive, but they have been worth every penny. I've been investing in a different piece purchased directly from Floto each year and have not been disappointed yet. Love the timeless Vecchio brown color (which is what all my own pieces are), but their deep red and gorgeous Navy Blue colors are classic and beautiful as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, September 22, 2010
I searched for the perfect gift for my husband (who is extremely picky). When this bag arrived, I knew he was going to love it! (And he did.) The color and quality are great! The seller made the purchase easy!

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect bag for travel, October 13, 2013
This bag is perfect for travel as it has a zip that opens the bag right up as opposed to just open at the top. I would perfer if it had an external pocket, but really didn't miss it in the end.
Only complaint is that I dropped it in Edinburgh and put a hole in the leather so im not sure how good the quality of the leather is as this shouldn't have happened as it slipped off my main bag and only fell about a foot...

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful bag, October 15, 2013
the bag is beautiful. I chose this bag because it looks authentic. Old style. Thats what I was looking for. Indiana Jones way of putting it. I will order other styles for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice - a little larger than I expected though., September 28, 2013
Very nice, elegant looking bag. It is a little larger than I expected, but I should have realized this by looking at the "what it can hold" part of the description showing a LOT of clothes going inside. Still easily a carry-on on planes, and instead of carrying a separate laptop backpack I think I'll throw the laptop in a sleeve and put it in this bag along with 1-2 nights of clothes, thereby reducing what I'm carrying anyway. Contrary to other reviews, the odor is NOT overpowering - just barely noticeable on my bag. Maybe they changed the process a bit? Packed very well, arrived on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase!, December 19, 2012
This bag is perfect it fits everything I need and it also looks very fashionable! There were no problems with my purchase and I received it very quickly. I highly recommend them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, December 20, 2007
This is a great bag. I have looked for a while to find a work/travel bag. You can't go wrong with this bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Personal carry-on, June 14, 2014
This is an attractive piece of luggage and has the softness you expect from good leather products. It has good utility as it is roomy, handy to access and yet secures your contents with a nice touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice piece, March 17, 2014
This is a nice piece at a fair price.

Pros = quality made
seems durable

Cons = very shiny leather. Not a vintage look at all
for a man, it looks a bit like a purse without items in it. Looks handsome when full

Overall I recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo Floto!, March 13, 2014
It's sturdy and roomy, great for travel carry-on piece or convenient weekender bag. A great piece of leather good that will last for many years!

Floto Luggage Trastevere Duffle Travel Bag