Floto Luggage Venezia Duffle Bag
|Price:||$213.71 & FREE Shipping. FREE Returns. Details|
|You Save:||$115.29 (35%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Italian Leather
- canvas lining
- leather conditioner, cleaner annually
- Italian Polished Calfskin Leather
- Detachable Shoulder Strap
- Dimensions: 11 x 10 x 21. Weight: 4LB
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Timeless and sporty, the venezia duffle comes in vecchio brown with khaki stitching, and linen canvas with leather trim. it fits nicely into an airlines overhead compartment and the floor-to-floor zipper makes packing easy and painless. the interior is lined with rugged 100% cotton/denim so your clothes will always unpack smelling fresh. it also has an inside zip pocket for holding a passport and travel supplies. venezia duffle is hand made in tuscany using italian polished calf-skin leather and old world craft methods. the result is a rugged yet supple leather duffle bag with unquestionable quality and durability not found in mass produced luggage.
- Product Dimensions: 21 x 10 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: Italy
- ASIN: B00JOUP610
- Item model number: FL18BLACK
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 2, 2003
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
The problems I've had, however, prevent me from giving this a full 5 stars. They are all related to fasteners, loops and hardware on the bag, which makes me hope they have bumped up the quality on these parts since. Here is what I've run into: [please see the update at the end of the review -- Floto repaired these problems for me]
1) Recently, one of the leather loops that holds the shoulder strap completely snapped. The leather on the loop just ripped and the bag dropped to the ground. It seems like the loops are far too thin. Looking at the other loop, it appears that it might eventually have the same problem.
2) The spring clips on the shoulder strap that secure it to the bag itself are somewhat weak. They bend and cause the spring loaded part of the clip to spring out. It's hard to describe but quite annoying, as it causes the strap to come off of the bag. It's not a huge problem, since I can bend the clips back to shape with a pair of pliers, but annoying nonetheless.
3) The metal "feet" are not secured to the bottom of the bag terribly well. The middle one is barely still on my bag, and will likely fall off very soon. This will cause the bottom of the bag to wear prematurely.
I'm going to send it in for repair, so I'll likely update this review when I get it back to describe my experiences with their repair service. I'm hoping they a) put on stronger shoulder strap loops, b) fasten the feet down more firmly or replace them, and c) perhaps find a stronger clip for the shoulder bag strap.Read more ›
Just in case there was a problem, I payed the extra $17 and ordered the bag that was being offered directly by Amazon instead of the independent seller with the lower price. The bag arrived two short days later. As previously noted by another reviewer, the bag arrived in a box that I felt was rather oddly shaped for an item of these dimensions. It was flat. Inside, I discovered the squished bag wrapped in a disposable plastic sack. My initial thought was that this had not been Amazon's best packing effort; but, as after removing the duffle from the plastic sack, I noted a small manufactures tag that explained that any folds resulting from the packing process would smooth out once the bag was unpacked and used for the first time. So I guess that is how the bag was sent to Amazon from Italy. I unpacked the bag 2 days ago and as promised, the folds are already gone.
The bag itself does not have the metal big mouth frame that I like in the Gladstone. Instead it follows the design of traditional Italian clam shell style duffles and has a zipper (that unfortunately is not brass) that essentially splits the bag into two halves lengthwise. The bag is larger than I had envisioned, which is a good thing.Read more ›
PROs: 1. quality leather 2. deep color with shiny surface 3. sturdy handles 4. useful strap 5. authentic brass hardware
CONs: 1. brass pulls are minuscule!!!! 2. bottom is not stiff enough causing bag to sag 3. strap shoulder pad is too thin
The biggest irritant is the brass pulls (see picture 1). Seriously, no adult has fingers this small. I would challenge a child to comfortably pull these tiny pieces of brass! As far as the bottom of the bag, it performs its function. However, the material used as the base of the bag is not stiff enough with even a few items in the bag. Lastly, although the shoulder strap and pad are made of the same quality leather as the bag, that leather alone is too thin to provide any padding when using the strap to carry the bag. Either double up the leather for the pad, or add some sort of additional material on the underside (see picture 2).
Overall, I really love this bag! It absolutely deserves a 4.5 star rating, but since Amazon doesn't allow for this, I had to knock a star off because of the CONs. If Floto were to address these few issues, even with a price increase I think the bag is superior to anything else I've found!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Best bag I've ever have. I travel a lot and this has been an amazing companion. If you're looking for practical, this might not be it but if you're looking for simple travel it is.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Great Bag. Leather quality and liner is excellent. Bigger than I though it was going to be.Published 1 month ago by luciano Villani
My wife got this got me for Christmas.
- Absolutely Amazing!
- High Quality!
I'm sooo Satisfied I got it at a better price range from Amazon...i saved a lot thank you...fabulous Bag Fabulous ...Published 2 months ago by S. JONES
This is a very nice bag. Leather is rich and has a finish one would expect of a very high quality piece of luggage. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Russ
Love this bag... makes me look like I am going somewhere;-)Published 4 months ago by Michael Ziegler