5.0 out of 5 stars Good Bag That Looks Long Lasting
Published on May 25, 2012 by John Williams fan

Published 8 days ago by mom22g

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Bag That Looks Long Lasting, May 25, 2012
This review is from: Floto Luggage Venezia Grande Duffle Bag (Apparel)
I went back and forth about which FLOTO bag to buy, and am happy I went with this one. After buying and inspecting FLOTO's Milano duffle and Venezia Duffle (the smaller version of this bag) I sent them back and went with the Grande. The others were just a little too small for what I had intended (weekend trips where I pack shoes and a full business suit) and I wondered how versatile they would end up being (I also wanted a bag big enough for a week's worth of travel).

I am happy I went with this one. As advertised on FLOTO's website, this bag does hold a lot more than the regular Venezia. But, it doesn't seem overly large or bulky. The bag still looked great after filling it partially full with just the stuff I needed for the above mentioned quick, weekend trips. For people planning to pack more than just one or two quick changes of clothes, and instead want to pack things like a coat, extra pairs of shoes, books or business attire, etc, this is a good choice. I could see the bag being a tight fit in overhead bins, but could probably still work as a carry on (they may just end up putting it under the plane, but that isn't always a big deal).

The leather is good quality. I wondered if it would be, as the bag price seems a little too good to be true (you can probably find a better deal on another website, look around . . .). The leather is soft and professional looking, but is also strong. FLOTO says that some people elect to not polish their bags, waiting to see what kind of weathered look the bag will get. Either way you go, polished or natural, the bag is professional and smart. The hardware is classic (brass) and the zipper on the bag is smooth and strong. The design is very roomy, and with the long zippers you'll have no problem getting into the bag to pack professionally.

A lot of people have commented that when you first take a FLOTO bag out of its packaging you are hit with a pretty strong odor. Its true: It happened with this bag and the aforementioned bags I purchased previously. The smell isn't unpleasant by any means, just strong. It is a combination of a natural leather smell and some of the tanning oils they used to condition the bag. FLOTO's instructions sent with the bag were right, though. All you have to do is let it air out for a couple of days and the smell is gone, leaving just the pleasant leather smell. Some other reviewers of FLOTO products make a big deal out of this whole issue, but its not a big deal at all.

Overall, this is a great travel bag for someone looking for a leather weekender-type bag who values a little extra room for longer trips or extra stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and tough, great warranty, September 12, 2011
A. Hawley (PORTLAND, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Floto Luggage Venezia Grande Duffle Bag (Apparel)
I just put my new Floto Venezia Grande duffel through its paces on a three-week trip that involved planes, trains, boats, cars and tramping around on foot. It easily held everything I needed for three weeks in a cool climate zone, both urban and rural, and looked wonderful doing it.

It's a fantastic, classy bag, and despite a problem, I give it all five stars for its style, its quality, its utility and the customer service behind it. It's beautiful and tough, and perfect for the bundle-wrapping method of packing. (I imagine standard folding would work well too, but I didn't try it.)

The one problem: the Venezia Grande really IS grande, and it therefore can be made to hold quite a bit more than it should. I overtaxed mine by a couple of kilos, I think, and the connecting hardware between the shoulder strap and the bag snapped off after three weeks of being (wo)manhandled. I emailed the importer, they replied within an hour, and a replacement strap was on its way to me the next day, no questions asked.

The Venezia Grande would NOT be a good carry-on bag. Underfilled, you could squeeze it into the overhead bin of a big aircraft, but it technically exceeds the measurements and will not fit in smaller overheads (including those on UK trains). This is a suitcase that you should plan to check.

Happily, it's so classy and good looking that you'll have no trouble spotting it on the baggage carousel amid all the dull nylon wheel totes. :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Floto leather Venezia Grande Duffle, January 24, 2014
Really like this bag alot roomy,because I wear 7.5 shoe I can put three pairs in bottom then pants or jeans, shirts socks underwear. Great Bag . Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag!, May 9, 2014
This review is from: Floto Luggage Venezia Grande Duffle Bag (Apparel)
I ordered this bag to travel from Afghanistan back to the states. Luckily it got here a week before I left. It held up extremely well. I packed a lot of clothes in this bag and had no issues with the rivets on the strap breaking. The airline did put a sticker on my bag and when i took it off, some of the dye on the leather came off with it. But I think it will add to the rugged look of the bag later. I also ordered the smaller venezia duffle but it didn't get here in time. I noticed that is a little darker than the grande...

5.0 out of 5 stars Heirloom quality, September 21, 2014
I bought this for a gift and was amazed at the quality and durability of this bag. It will be something that can be used forever. The hardware is sturdy and the stitching is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line!!!!!, March 20, 2014
I ordered this bag for on the spur of the moment travel for my husband and I. Very very spacious, top grade leather. I love it!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Smells like Cat Pee - CANNOT be leather!!! Feels like plastic., December 17, 2014
This is the worst quality bag I have ever received. Not worth the box it was shipped in. Smells like cat pee and overprocessed plastic chemicals. The edges are all frayed and it's simply trash!!!!!! I cannot believe they can say it's made of leather? HOW???? In my entire life I've never smelled leather that stunk like cat pee and felt like plastic. Maybe they process 1% cowhide in a stew of plastic and can call that leather??!!! I have no idea but don't waste your time on this bag!! it's a piece of trash. If it was free maybe I would consider burying my dog in it!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy construction on the loop where strap meets bag, July 16, 2012
This review is from: Floto Luggage Venezia Grande Duffle Bag (Apparel)
I purchased this bag after doing a LOT of online research and after reading countless Amazon reviews. I aired it out as the other reviewers suggested and I packed it a little over half-full for a trip this past week. My packing consisted of 2 shorts, 10 tank tops, some underwear, my toiletries bag, and a small portable speaker for my iPhone - I am a VERY light packer!

The loop where the shoulder strap connects to the bag broke right as I was getting on the train at the start of my trip. FML.

When I checked the loop, it was a very thin piece of leather closed by a single row of stitching to the bag. Floto makes a big deal about how the handle and strap hooks hide a plate that holds like 500lbs or some crazy number. There was no metal plate hidden under the loop. EPIC FAIL.

Amazon is sending me a replacement, so hopefully I'll be able to update this review - but if there are no metal plates under the leather loops on the new bag, it's going back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Getaway, August 24, 2013
Vanessa L. Andreassen (DELTA JUNCTION, AK, US) - See all my reviews
This bag is so lushes! It fits everything I need for a fun weekend retreat. It's classy, fashionable, and rugged all at the same time, and something about it just makes you feel spoiled, but in the good way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 24, 2014
Great quality- Very happy with this purchase!

Floto Luggage Venezia Grande Duffle Bag