Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Accessory Pro® Flow-Mow 2 Hour Timelapse compatible with all GoPro® / DSLR / Cell Phone with Tripod and Phone Mount
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on September 8, 2014
I give this device 5 stars because it's really great for the price. I had been looking for a long time for something that would hold my camera while making a timelapse. I used this device with both my compact and my DSLR. I didn't want to put a heavy lens on my DLSR and a light 35mm worked really well. I haven't tried with a heavier lens at this point, but I wouldn't make a timelapse with a heavy lens anyway.

The only thing that bugged me in the beginning was that the direction of motion (the arrows) are hidden when the camera is on top of the Flow -Mow. But it always rotates to the left anyway, so it's not a big deal.

The motion is smooth and lasts for 2 hours to complete a full resolution, which makes the TL movie much more smooth. I really like this little thing! Somebody mentioned that it's ticking with some noise. I shot outside and didn't pay attention to it. Of course, while shooting videos, this might be a problem. However, for me, I eliminate video sound in editing and add sound later, so it's ok.
For clean sound recording it's always better to record sound separately anyway.
on February 27, 2015
The fact that this is at least $10-$20 more expensive than similar products might cause some to not even consider it. After all, how much of a difference could there be between this and other 360° rotating time lapse mounts? Well right off the bat, this is the only one on the market which takes two hours to make one full rotation. All of the other brand's take only 1 hour which is really not enough for time lapsing most anything.
The second thing is build quality. Now don't think that this thing is a tank, it will definitely break if you are too rough on it, but it seems far more robust and stronger than the ones by Drift, GoScope, or Camera lapse.
The third thing is that this comes with all the necessary mounting hardware to attach a smartphone, DSLR/point and shoot, or a GpPro. Granted, you have to make sure that whatever camera you are mounting has most of its weight in the center so it can rotate (i.e. no DSLRs with heavy lenses) but you can still attach pretty much anything. I primarily use it for taking time lapses with my GoPro, but I have also tried mounting my iPhone 6 Plus and Canon T4i on it just to see if they would work.
Overall I would highly recommend this to anyone trying add a little something to their time lapses without spending several hundred dollars to get an electronic slider or rotating device. Unless you are somehow 100% sure you need a 1 hour rotation or you only have $20 to your name I see no reason not to spend the extra money because of the extra features and superior build quality of the Flow-Mow.
review image
on August 5, 2014
I purchased the Flow-Mow to use with my "GoPro type" camera. I'll add a link to the time-lapse video I made in the comment section, since you can't put links in the Reviews.

Likes:
small/light
simple to use
2 hours for a full rotation

dislikes:
It only rotate one direction. if you want it to rotate the other direction, you'll need to mount the camera and flow-mow upside. then edit it in post process. I tried to get some screw adapters to ONLY mount the Flow-Mow upside on my tri-pod, but that still only rotated one direction - the same direction as before.

I was interested in the Alpine Labs' Radian. With the Radian, you can program it to turn it which direction and how much time to make that turn. But that costs $250.
44 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2015
I'm using it with a GoPro 4 Balck for time-lapse. It's much better than the one-hour timers out there for time-lapse because you will typically shoot more than 30 minutes for a decent time-lapse. With a one-hour timer, you would be looking at 180 degrees from where you started. With this timer, it only moves 90 degrees in 30 minutes making' a more interesting time-lapse. Amazon only allows me to attach a photo, which is irrelevant to this product, so here is a link to a Vimeo I did using the Flow-Mow. https://vimeo.com/121436739 Notice with post production panning and zooming in addition to the Flow-Mow rotation, you can get some interesting pans considering the camera is stationary.
on April 29, 2014
I just had the chance to use mine. After compiling the timelapse video, I can tell you that is is smooth and it takes the stated 2 hours to go the full 360 degrees. I have only used mine with the GoPro Hero3 Black Edition so far, but the GoPro is really the main intended use for this item. I do intend to try it out with a lighter DSLR at some point in the future, though. It is essentially a kitchen egg timer with a tripod screw. So, as long as it holds up under normal use, it does what it should and does it just fine.
on October 6, 2014
Purchased a Neewer® 360° 60 Minute timelapse to save some money, and it failed to operate the first time I used it. I ordered one of these immediately after throwing the Neweer in the trash. This one works great. Smooth and easy.
on March 21, 2015
This is a nice piece, however it is crooked. I sent for replacement and the one they sent back is also crooked. Anyone else have this issue? May try for a third
review image
on September 8, 2015
I was wanting to get into some time lapse videos with my GoPro and wasn't sure how it would turnout. The Flow-Mow 2 is foolproof. You point it where you want it to end and than turn it to where you want to start and walk away. I have done a couple of hour and a half shots and worked out great.
on November 14, 2015
Awesome!!! Seriously, this thing is amazing. Amazing quality and reliability, can even hold the weight of my DSLR. Don't F with the cheap IKEA kitchen timer (like I once did), buy a product that was designed to do time-lapses, a full 360 at that! Very happy with my purchase.
on January 7, 2015